Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-24-2009, 11:01 PM   #309
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Pirates won but it got interesting in the 9th. Less than 24 hours to go for Tag but it didn't hurt his appetite. Also Tag and the lovely Mrs. Tag. Poor guy now has more time in my passenger seat than his own car. I think Mrs. Tag and Mary Mac have probably taken their one and only ride in the back seat!
Attached Images

Last edited by Jamie Mac; 06-25-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Jamie Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:53 AM   #310
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

You HAD to use that picture, didn't you!!!

First, thanks for taking us to the game, Jamie. Meeting you and Mary was a blast...and if we lived here, would LOVE to hang out with you two more often. Besides getting a little overheated with that headache, I had a really good time. And I must say, I LOVED the ride in your SS!!! Thanks again and I sure hope you are able to stop on by the shop tomorrow before we head out to Carlisle. I'll give ya a buzz as soon as the Camaro is out of paint.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now....I HAVE pictures and video.....BUT...(here's the crappy part), I'm having some issues with uploading the pix on this laptop. I don't know why. But, they will get here as soon as possible. For now......

We land in Pittsburgh. Tom picks up Dana and I from the airport and we head back over to his dealership. We pull up and who pulls up but ....dun dun dunnnnnn....SCOTT SETTLEMIRE. ....in a nice yellow .....with black stripes....and ...TRANSFORMERS???? SS???? ....(thank you, Scott....you know what for...)

Rick is waiting outside for us to arrive as well. Rick has been freaking AWESOME to work with on this whole project, I might add. Every time I have called for him, he's been available to take my call. INCREDIBLE. Rick has the new template for the THR SS and let's me take a peek. It's PERFECT.

We head through the shop and into the back garage....and what do I see?....the rear end of a CGM with silver tail panel and blue bow tie/SS. Oh man....it's really here in front of me. I mean....my heart is pounding right out of my chest right now....

I walk up to the left side and there is the hockey stripe.....nice and bright.....with the most GORGEOUS blue pin stripe EVER. The shape of the hockey was EXACTLY like the rendering I sent to Tom and Rick. I mean.....to see this in pictures is one thing....to see it in PERSON??!!?? Holy hell, batman....

I continue around the side and here comes the hood....MY JAW DROPS...this can NOT be my car!!!! It is TOO PERFECT!!! The Tom Henry Racing banner across the windshield too?!?!?! ....I'm still sitting here speechless thinking about that exact moment. I wish we had pictures of me laying eyes on this for the first time because you'd see me sobbing like a baby....and arms open wide trying to give the entire front end a big old bear hug. I know...cheesy...corny....I don't give a crap.... This was MY moment. ...maybe it WAS better that there were no cameras!!! HA!

But, just at that moment, Dana comes running back with the camera and turns on the video. We have video of it's first start up and rev...but that will have to come later. I am just SO overjoyed with this entire deal. We pulled it out, jumped in, and took it for a spin down the road and back. I mean.....this car.....it's PHENOMENAL.

You all just have no idea. I don't mean "MY CAR"......I mean, the "Camaro" in general. This car is what GM should have made 3 years ago when everyone and their mother wanted a 5th Gen. This should have been on the roads for years now. It really is THAT good of a car. The ride, the feel, the fit, the finish.....I could go on for DAYS. I am just beside myself knowing that I am going to own this car for the rest of my life....

Honestly, I don't know what I ever did to deserve this.

4 people.....4 people I must thank.

Rick, thank you for your awesome work. You have some great guys over there....and you did a SUPERB job on the paint. If I lived in the area, there would only be ONE place for me to go to. I am beside myself with the quality.

Scott, thank you for everything. Thank you for YOUR passion that is the Camaro. You are one lucky guy to get to do this so often. Thank you thank you thank you....you know what for....

Tom, THANK YOU. I know you are probably sick of my 19,000 phone calls a day...and how I most likely gave you a heart attack last week.......(really, I'm sure we'll all laugh about that some day....*runs ducks hides....lol*) but seriously, I promise to make you proud. I thank you for allowing me the opportunity to own a THR SS and will take every moment that I can to stop and make that time for the person who has a quick question, who wants to look inside, who wants to check it out.

I thank all 3 of you from the bottom of my heart. You 3 have helped to make a regular old enthusiasts dream come true. There's nothing more that I can say but thank you a million times. This is just so surreal and I can't believe I get to be so lucky. Thank you.

And Dana, thank you for putting up with my constant Camaro talk. You are the best wife anyone could ever ask for. I know you get sick of it sometimes, but I thank you for attempting to take part in something that I love so much. You are one great wife...and I'm glad you are here with me.

I could type for hours more. But, we need to get up early and get back to Toms. This is just more than I can take right now and I've got to try and get some sleep. We have days more of this ahead and I just can't wait.....

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:31 AM   #311
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Wow man that's got to be one of the best days of your life. Triple gratzz!

Savor the moment.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:40 AM   #312
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
Hey Tag... You drivin all the way back to texas from carlisle? if so and you take 81 let me know
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:34 AM   #313
AquaBlue6

Drives: 1996 Camaro SS #693
Congratz Tag I hope we can meet up at a show some time in the future, can't wait for you to see what I have in store for my SS (don't worrie not gonna copy.)
AquaBlue6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:02 AM   #314
joerod97
Chevy Man

Drives: 2010 2ss -black/black
congrats.. you seem a tad bit excited about your car. I cant wait for my turn. I called gm today and got a build date of 7-13 I guess thats after the mini vacation of theirs.Im going f-n nuts with the wait!!!!!At least there is lite at the end of the tunnel as lng as it doesnt get held inqc... just my luck..sort of my fault,,I had one ordered early and canceled because dea,er had 1500 markup. !1500 can buy me a few goodies and I sort of am against paying over msrp so they can make xtra cash off me..Well I ordered somewhere else and it is finally coming. I wish I could have it sooner but at least I will have it for summer cruises.Still think about the first one and whose garage it sits in (vin.....8614)Hope ... no....I KNOW they are enjoying it!
joerod97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:55 AM   #315
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Tag...fantastic and I'm so glad it's turned out to be everything you dreamed it would. Considering all you've been through with the ups and downs emotionally through this whole process it's simply wonderful to read your post and know it was all worth it.

Grats man, grats!!!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:03 AM   #316
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Congrats tag
Old 06-25-2009, 06:55 AM   #317
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Old 06-25-2009, 07:04 AM   #318
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Thanks!

We will be heading back over to Toms shortly to do some paperwork, etc. Then, we will be leaving his place around 11:30 or so headed to Carlisle. Can't wait to get on the road with a few other 5th Gens!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:32 AM   #319
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Thanks!

We will be heading back over to Toms shortly to do some paperwork, etc. Then, we will be leaving his place around 11:30 or so headed to Carlisle. Can't wait to get on the road with a few other 5th Gens!!
Wish I could come to Carlisle to meet you guys. Have fun and take lots of pictures!

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:40 AM   #320
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Grats TAG!!!!!!!
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:41 AM   #321
C4
ERNEST

Drives: 2012CAMARO 1LT RS CONVERTIBLE
CONGRATS
DAMN CAN WAIT TO SEE IT
C4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:42 AM   #322
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Congrats I am sure Tom and Scott are just as happy as you are I know they both enjoy the Camaro and to see someone take delivery of a new car is priceless

We all look forward to the photos of the car I cannot wait to se photos of the Tom Henry display.

Wish I could have made it this year but if all goes well I will do the same as you did take Delivery of my Tom Henry car for Carslile

Tags
adjustable camber plates, camarocross, cgm, cyber gray metallic, factory reproductions, hertz, jl audio, litho, pedders, rick-rolled, rodgers chevrolet, stainless works, supercars, tom henry, zl1 bumper