Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-25-2014, 06:49 PM   #15
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiechen View Post
Drove my camaro to NYC , as I pass through the city, those terrible terrible road conditions make my heart bleed, I felt those road bumps and potholes is shaking everything lose in my car, god, worst driving experience ever, I almost felt that as I went pass by those up and down bumps and potholes, that stuffs under my car is falling off the car, has anyone ever experienced bad road condition driving? I feel bad for my camaro, does this kind of driving hurts the car badly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quick story, I drove through part of NYC in 2003, with a car strapped to a full trailer.

The only thing that kept the car on the trailer was the safety chain after all the potholes. All four wheel straps came off.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:40 PM   #16
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
have a my camry for that very reason as my DD. way too many potholes, dips in the road and people who play bumper cars for parkings spots.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:05 PM   #17
glider1

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pace View Post
I try to avoid NYC, Staten Island Expressway, Cross Bronx Expressway and Belt Parkway as much as possible. Worst roads ever! But once you get passed you won't take any smooth road for granted again, lol...
I agree. There isn't a nice way on or off the island. I hate driving off the island because I know I will need to return at sometime.
glider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:38 PM   #18
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Our politicians are too busy to worry about such silly stuff , they got other countries to give our money to and rebuild their countries , then they have to get reelected by the corporations that stuff money in their pockets , They simply have no time or money for us little guys who are worried about little things like roads and bridges .
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:40 PM   #19
bf7

Drives: 2013 Yellow 1LT/RS
I always thought PA was the worst, but man, NYC/North Jersey definitely gives it a run. Forget about the car, worry about brain damage from your head hitting the roof.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:56 PM   #20
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Y'all come back now ... Ya hear?! (just imagine most of y'all are speaking just from a visit. Imagine what it's like for us actually living and driving in NYC daily. sometimes it makes no sense to try an avoid potholes, and such. Cause while swerving away from one your driving into another. SMH !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2014, 11:08 PM   #21
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
Was in ny today and the roads are really bad! Bottom line is if you can avoid it don't drive through nyc!
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote