Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-29-2011, 09:59 AM   #71
shad2009
"Cassie"

Drives: 2007 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to shad2009 Send a message via Yahoo to shad2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
My sister just got a GT500 and say what you want about it but I will be buying one come this spring. I have only driven it once but I know I want one now. The interior is superior in every way, soft touch, aluminum accents a navigation system on par with BMW iDrive just as some examples. The ride quality is outstanding (even though she has the SVT Track Pack). The Recaro seats are so comfortable and the exhaust note is akin to a thunderstorm. There are few cars that make me excited and my SS and my sisters GT500 both get my blood pumping. I understand the fact that most Camaro5 members are bias towards the Mustang, and to some degree the Challenger but it is completely juvenile and there is no need for it. You guys should be freaking happy there even is a Camaro now cause if the Mustang didn't do so well in the last decade you wouldn't have a Camaro to drive today. The Challenger, Mustang and Camaro are once again all together and it's joyous. Competition is great for everyone.

couldn't have said it any better...the mustang camaro and challenger all have their strengths and weakness compared to eachother, and it's great that all three are in this world today

Future Wheels - 2014 Ford Mustang GT & 2014 Chevy Camaro
shad2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:32 AM   #72
MikeOD

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSloSS View Post
Independent Rear Suspension.
...so we have 430 bushings balljoints toe links subframe mounts and diff mounts in the back of our cars to wear out...they have like...8 bushings total...I do like that my exhaust can go straight under the IRS...but I'd take a solid axle in my 2SS any day and a few more bends in the pipes.

2010 Camaro SS M6. Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Suspension
MikeOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:41 AM   #73
Good2go
Team Chevrolet

Drives: 2007 Z06 and 2011 Camaro 2SS
I recently rented a 2011 Mustang 'vert v6, and I don't agree with the "better interior" opinions. The center console storage/armrest has a latch positioned right where I rest my elbow, very uncomfortable. There may be nice soft touch materials in the Mustang, but they don't seem to be as sturdy as the Camaro's. The console moves around, and there were creaks coming from somewhere in the back seat area. There is no telescoping wheel either. The doors closed with shuddering, very unlike my Camaro. Maybe because the window indexing happens long after the door is closed. and there is serious nose-dive, even when lightly taping the brakes. On bumpy surfaces, there is no hiding the fact that there's a live axle in back, regardless of how it handles on smooth roads. I did like the steering feel though, very direct and quick. The visibility was better as well. About that wheel, the upper spokes, being metal, get hot in the sun. And the wheel feels about the same size as the Camaro's, so what's the beef on the Camaro's?
Good2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:12 AM   #74
ROD_SS

Drives: 2013 1SS Camaro and a truck
Old 08-29-2011, 12:09 PM   #75
oldlugs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Bullitt + 2009 Shelby GT-500KR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stMARO View Post
Go test drive a real car, and see how studly you feel driving home in your Camaro... OUR cars are a joke; both the Camaro and the Mustang. They're for poor slobs who want the kids to think they have something cool. Get real..

A real man's car:

oldlugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:17 PM   #76
roo

Drives: 2006 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by builder11150 View Post
Not a problem if you can drive. They aren't that great anyway.

Useless and distracting.

You can get a glass roof on the Mustang.

These shouldn't even come on a sports car. Part of the reason of why the Camaro looks so bulky is because the car was designed around big wheels.

So what? There is a live axle in the Mustang, and it handles better. There aren't that many advantages to IRS.

This is only an advantage if the car lives on a road course.

The entire interior is better in the Mustang.

What'd I miss?
Mustang tail lights getting smaller and smaller!
roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:59 PM   #77
ROD_SS

Drives: 2013 1SS Camaro and a truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlugs View Post
Go test drive a real car, and see how studly you feel driving home in your Camaro... OUR cars are a joke; both the Camaro and the Mustang. They're for poor slobs who want the kids to think they have something cool. Get real..

A real man's car:

just a joke man
Old 08-29-2011, 01:29 PM   #78
MudderFinger

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
Quote:
That is soo funny
MudderFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:25 PM   #79
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good2go View Post
I recently rented a 2011 Mustang 'vert v6, and I don't agree with the "better interior" opinions. The center console storage/armrest has a latch positioned right where I rest my elbow, very uncomfortable.
Fair enough that is personal opinion.

Quote:
There may be nice soft touch materials in the Mustang, but they don't seem to be as sturdy as the Camaro's. The console moves around, and there were creaks coming from somewhere in the back seat area. There is no telescoping wheel either.
Well if you are comparing soft touch materials to rock hard plastic then of course it is going to feel sturdier. I'm not certain if the V6 has a soft touch interior, I'd never be caught in a V6 Mustang, Camaro or Challenger. So I cannot compare in that sense though I would expect the entry model to have a plastic dash. It's funny because my sunroof rattles, my rear end creaks and the console rattles too. The telescoping wheel shouldn't be a problem as long as you are of average human height though I understand that it's a nice feature to have. Personally I never even noticed it until about 6 months ago.

Quote:
The doors closed with shuddering, very unlike my Camaro.
Maybe because the window indexing happens long after the door is closed.
Neither my Camaro nor my sisters GT500 do that and window indexing happens as soon as the door closed not 5 seconds after on both cars.

Quote:
There is serious nose-dive, even when lightly taping the brakes. On bumpy surfaces, there is no hiding the fact that there's a live axle in back, regardless of how it handles on smooth roads. I did like the steering feel though, very direct and quick. The visibility was better as well. About that wheel, the upper spokes, being metal, get hot in the sun. And the wheel feels about the same size as the Camaro's, so what's the beef on the Camaro's?
Drive a real Mustang and not the V6, the V6 is for people that want to have a nice looking car and nothing else (a lot of the time not always) the suspension is going to be expectedly looser and will attribute to the nose dive you got. The live axle thing must be a V6 problem because the GT500 feels great over bumps, better than my Camaro a lot of the time, though it might just be the stiffer frame of the Mustang I'm feeling. I'm sure the 2012 Camaro FE4 Suspension will fix a lot of that. The beef about the Camaro steering wheel is not the size, it's that fact that it is an awkward steering wheel. Most steering wheels are rounded where the Camaro's have a sort of pointy devils horn on each of the sides.

I however do respect your opinion I just wouldn't stand behind it, I have a Mustang in the family that I can test. Say what you want but Ford is doing a bang up job with it.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:56 PM   #80
BigDan

Drives: bug
Quote:
Speaking of Shelbys which Forum did I see you on?
Probably on svtperformance or teamshelby.

PM me if you or any of your family members have any questions about the new 2012 Shelby GT500 in your family.

My best advise is make sure the tires are HOT before you expect them to grip.
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:45 PM   #81
Shu71

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS M6
Why do so many people feel like they need to talk crap about another make in order to make themselves happy with what they bought? Heck, there is even crap talked about model choices even within the same makes. All three are great modern versions of historic US automobiles. They all deserve a thumbs up.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:28 PM   #82
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
A women?

Fail.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:50 PM   #83
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shu71 View Post
Why do so many people feel like they need to talk crap about another make in order to make themselves happy with what they bought? Heck, there is even crap talked about model choices even within the same makes. All three are great modern versions of historic US automobiles. They all deserve a thumbs up.
Word up to that, I hated the Mustang until I rode in one. I love it now
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:34 PM   #84
BigDan

Drives: bug
Quote:
Word up to that, I hated the Mustang until I rode in one. I love it now
That how it went down for me.

I was so close to buying a 5th gen until I test drove one followed by a GT500.

Heck I was a member here and on 5thgencamaro long before any sort of ford forum.
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote