Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-24-2012, 11:37 PM   #1
amartinez

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro LS
Need help with CEL light and P2176 code!

I pulled over today for a while to take a call on my cell phone and idled for about 20 minutes. When I got off the call, I noticed my CEL came on. Took it to Autozone and they said it was code P2176 "minimum throttle position not learned". Can anyone explain this in more detail? My car is a 2011 LS v6 with a K&N cold air intake, BBK long tube headers, and trifecta tuned. The CEL light has never been on since the Trifecta tune. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
amartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
amartinez

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro LS
Just in case anyone else comes accross this.... I took my car to the tuner and cleared the code. He took off the K&N elbow part that goes into the throttle body and found lots of oil residue. Cleaned that out and put her back together and the code hasn't come back after 75 miles of driving. I should've gotten a catch can to go along with the K&N Typhoon! Will be ordering one ASAP!

Last edited by amartinez; 06-26-2012 at 10:08 PM.
amartinez is offline   Reply With Quote