Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

View Poll Results: Should "pre-order" cars be built now before all others?
Yes- I agree 204 87.18%
No- I disagree 30 12.82%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #1275
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Merged with the existing Complaint thread.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:46 PM   #1276
rogue

Drives: 67 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyridinghigh View Post
Since the Mods and koolaide drinkin consumers get mad at the disgruntled customers for complaing, I figured we should have a thread here to complain. I will start out with my complaint...

GM took production of these cars in October and then started producing them in March, a month after the originally scheduled production. Following that they rolled off the line at an extremely slow pace... I believe March, and April combined had fewer produced cars than the entire month of May. Now, they have a hold on orders, and a huge delay on shipments of all Manual cars because they can't figure out why the Camaro, a car designed for nearly half a decade, is breaking. Personally, most dealers don't know anything about it, GM is not releasing more info other than a confirmation that manual shipments are indeed delayed. We are told by self proclaimed "in the know" people in this forum to 1) Be happy they are holding shipment, 2) Don't complain it's the suppliers fault, 3) The consumer may be at fault for riding the cars too hard during the break in process. I would have been happier had they designed the cars not to break down in the first place.

As consumers who took a risk in purchasing a car from a bankrupt auto manufacturer, I think we deserve some light shed on what is wrong with these cars and what GMs plan is in dealing with it. Please feel free to continue complaining, you earned it when you decided to dish out 10s of thousands of dollars. And yes, I'll take some cheese with that "whine".
no dude dont chill out raise hell.thats the problem consumers pay 30 40 grand or more for a car that seems to be full of problems. who gives a shit if its a new model or a suppliers fault. we as a consmer pay all this money for a car weather is chevy ford or dodge and they cant even build car correctly.
on top of that we are supposed to be thankfull that gm is doing the rite thing by putting cars in gc or on hold or passing on info that the consumer all ready knows about based on first hand experiance. how about do things like there supposed to be done and quit going to out side countries or nations and makeing them money by supplying u.s. consumers with the cheapest ass parts and chargeing us full price.
i know if i dont like it dont buy it rite?well piss off with that shit ,we as america need be doing things better and cleaner then any body else, at least that is what we are supposed to think but as ussuall we do things the cheapest way and wonder why no one likes us.the camaro is supposed to be an american icoon or legend.maybe we should start demanding thats we receive instead of making excuses why something is going wrong with vehicles that supposedly have over 40 years of enginuity and technology
vin9721
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #1277
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
Chevyridinghigh, you and I are in the same boat man.

There are multiple 2SS's that are identically spec'd (minus colors), that were TPW'ed on 7/27, that got bumped up to 7/20 past us, while we got bumped back from 7/20 to 8/3 for some reason which no one can explain. (it's not the transmission)
Old 07-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #1278
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
I am no Kool-Aid drinker but everyone knew full well that GM was/is in all kinds of trouble and we still conciously elected to order a car from it. GM did not forced any one of us to take a gamble with our hard earned cash. And how often do you see a manufacturer start producing/delivering next year's new car in the 1st-2nd quarter of the current year? But here we are, only in July 09, and 20,000+ of us already got their 2010 car! If you are so unhappy with the current situation, please, stop whining and drop your order and move on. Otherwise, suck it up, contribute to the positive harmony and wait patiently like the rest of us. Endlessly speculating helps nothing and it only breeds more speculation and negativity.

I disagree with anyone saying the tranny issue is not GM's fault. The Camaro is GM's product regardless who and where the parts came from. This is only part of what happens when any company starts cutting corners to minimize cost to stay above ground. Obviously, too many corners were cut in the parts QA and testing process and this indeed looks to be the case with the tranny issue. But to GM's credit, it has addressed the issue in a timely manner and is working to resolve it.

Having just said that, should we applaud GM for doing something about it right away? Any car manufacture would have done the same thing! Most of we know thus far is pure speculation and knee-jerk reaction. But GM's decision to quaratine some cars and stop accepting future SS/M6 orders until further notice is neither a good decision nor bad decision, it is a business decision and is neither commendable nor otherwise. Not to me anyway.

I am as impatient as the next guy here but what can I do? I still want the car so I choose to sit, relax, find amusement in the blabberings and endless speculations that happen here, get annoyed at people who ask a question about something that already has at least 2 open threads in the past 2 days, get annoyed at people who start a thread "IT IS HERE!!!" when the fact is the dealer just called to tell them the car arrived NOTE: wait til you actually have the car and have pics to show before you post "IT IS HERE!!"

There's mine.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #1279
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
I posted a comment to the GM site can't hurt right lol..
geminidreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:38 PM   #1280
bengen5

Drives: 1LT IBM Camaro RS
I remember when the v6 m6's had a problem with tranny's and some v8ers got on there and busted our balls and said "shoulda bought a v8" looks like no body is immune. just my 2 cents

1LT/RS 6M IBM CC BA
ordered 3-6-09
VIN # 2G1FF1EV9A9123847
picked up 7-17-09
bengen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:07 AM   #1281
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
beggers cant be choosers
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:09 AM   #1282
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Dear pre-order Camaro buyer,

Please help us send a message to GM and ask them to build all the pre-order cars before they build cars for people or dealers who have not had to wait long. Go to this GM blog and read our posts - it will give you a very clear understanding about the issue.

I hope as a purchaser, you would consider posting something yourself on the blog.

http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/archives...vy_camaro.html

Camaro buyers who committed to GM before even seeing the car, are the one's that should be picking up their cars before anyone else. Help me help you.

Thanks,
Hylton Jorssen
I think this thread goes without saying.. Those who voted no should be banned for three days to knock some sense into them..
Old 07-17-2009, 11:22 PM   #1283
swaugie

Drives: any chevy i feel like driving
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Ok, someone voted not to do this. WTF???????? At least tell us why!!
the system should reward the dealers that sell volume year round not a dealer that places his total year of allocations in every relatives name just to try to get his first. not saying that has happened but it's plausible enough. jmho.
swaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:25 AM   #1284
towmoe

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I think this thread goes without saying.. Those who voted no should be banned for three days to knock some sense into them..
Are you serious??? This is not Nazi Germany, this is American and a forum of all places. Be banned for wanting to be respected as a customer. Get grip.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:38 AM   #1285
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
And if this would have happened, I would have my camaro right now. There were 9000 preorders when I ordered in nov 08. There are over 26,000 now built and I still don't have my car.
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 07:40 AM   #1286
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbusa View Post
And if this would have happened, I would have my camaro right now. There were 9000 preorders when I ordered in nov 08. There are over 26,000 now built and I still don't have my car.
...and if your dealer is having financial difficulty, you may never see it!
Old 07-18-2009, 10:01 PM   #1287
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
...and if your dealer is having financial difficulty, you may never see it!
Thank goodness not, but you know, someone out there is in that situation....
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:51 PM   #1288
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
So my dealer was finally getting their first allocation tomorrow......too bad it won't be my car. I think this tranny constraint is a way of letting me know that I should just give up. Their allocation will now go to the guy that ordered a few months ago cause it's the only automatic out of his 4 orders in queue. I really don't feel like waiting who knows how many more months for them to get a 2nd allocation just to end up getting my car just in time for winter. If they don't get an allocation in August I think i'll just call it quits and buy a lot car after winter.....either that or I'll have them let everyone else go ahead of me so mine gets built in time for spring.......I'm so pissed at this whole process right now.
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote