Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-02-2010, 01:32 AM   #15
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang_Killer View Post
Synergy Green with hot pink stripes.

J/K
I like the idea of hot pink stripes, but not on synergy green
Gigachip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:50 AM   #16
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1owner View Post
I do like silver a lot. I really need to test drive one of these...get a feel for the extra HP over my LS1 Camaro. The vette was very impressive when I drove it, but the cramped space was annoying. Have to see how the new Camaro is.

Which do you think gets more attention? Camaro or C6 vette? I'm going for the LEAST attention possible.
cyber gray metallic will do it for ya!..my L.S with the "heritage" steelies
looks great,but "blends" very well in traffic,and gives a true 'sleeper" appearance!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:58 AM   #17
Brownhornitt

Drives: 2006 White Corvette Convertible
You can't buy a Camaro and not get attention. Haha.

But I would say the CGM or IBM are very blendish (making up my own words, here) colors. A stripe combination of those two I'm sure would be cool, too.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:01 AM   #18
khabboub
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: Sold c7, in the market!
silver with black stripes is best

but black with silver is second best (Thats what i have)
khabboub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:03 AM   #19
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]

Drives: Apollo 11 Camaro IOM
white with orange stripes or orange with white stripes
Old 07-02-2010, 03:11 AM   #20
youngoliver

Drives: 2SS/RS SIM -- Lifted 99' GMC
silver ice all the way but all us SIM guys are biased hahah
Old 07-02-2010, 03:13 AM   #21
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
dude go with the vette lol
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:21 AM   #22
Kycamaross
RED JEWEL inthe BLUEGRASS

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 01 S-10 Xtreme
I'm a little confused...In your original post you said you were going to look at the 2SS/RS. Then in your next post, you said your were also considering a Corvette, but that the 2LT is highest option price you could afford. Which one exactly are you talking about. As for your color question.....Some would say their color choice was easy, some (like me) agonized over it for months, going back and forth between three colors, along with all the combinations for each color. So as "Skillz512" said, it really would be up to you and you alone to decide that. As for your desire to get the one with the least attention.... I would have to almost say currently, the Camaro is the attention grabber, because it is still a relatively new sight to see the 5th Gen Camaro rolling down the road. However, eventually, once the general public gets used to seeing it, that will fade a little.

Ultimately, it is your decision, test drive both. Pay attention to the interiors and then go with your heart... Either way, I would have to say that you need to be absolutely certain with the choice you make. Regret is a bitch, and you don't want to be rolling down the road in one and wishing you got the other!! Just my .02
Kycamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:45 AM   #23
Blake_GM

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS in IBM
Imperial Blue or Cyber Gray..

No stripes on the cyber gray. Silver stripes on the imperial blue.

I love the look of the stripes I am just nervous if I choose one with the stripes how well they will hold up after a few years.
Blake_GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:59 AM   #24
Kycamaross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake_GM View Post
Imperial Blue or Cyber Gray..

No stripes on the cyber gray. Silver stripes on the imperial blue.

I love the look of the stripes I am just nervous if I choose one with the stripes how well they will hold up after a few years.

They should hold up for a good long time if they are maintained. If you will be as anal with this car as most of us on this forum are, you will be just fine. Now of course, over time the vinyl will fade. You then have the option to replace them.

The other route, which is highly recommended by several members on this forum, is to have them painted on. That option will be highly dependent on your budget. But, I do have to say that I personally love the look of the painted stripes. But go with your heart
Old 07-02-2010, 05:47 AM   #25
jennnchuck

Drives: 2010 yellow 2lt/rs
bumblebbe (but i'm partial to that color combo) also white with burgundy colored stripes looks really good
jennnchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:54 AM   #26
mcotton

Drives: 2010 Camaro
The silver with black stripes is awesome. The silver details good and the interior matches perfect.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:15 AM   #27
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kycamaross View Post
I'm a little confused...In your original post you said you were going to look at the 2SS/RS. Then in your next post, you said your were also considering a Corvette, but that the 2LT is highest option price you could afford. Which one exactly are you talking about. As for your color question.....Some would say their color choice was easy, some (like me) agonized over it for months, going back and forth between three colors, along with all the combinations for each color. So as "Skillz512" said, it really would be up to you and you alone to decide that. As for your desire to get the one with the least attention.... I would have to almost say currently, the Camaro is the attention grabber, because it is still a relatively new sight to see the 5th Gen Camaro rolling down the road. However, eventually, once the general public gets used to seeing it, that will fade a little.

Ultimately, it is your decision, test drive both. Pay attention to the interiors and then go with your heart... Either way, I would have to say that you need to be absolutely certain with the choice you make. Regret is a bitch, and you don't want to be rolling down the road in one and wishing you got the other!! Just my .02
LOL.. Since your post was at 3:00AM I could see why you are confused..LOL

He is looking at a 2SS/RS Camaro and wanted Color ideas but he looked at a Corvette which in his budget only would allow a 2LT Corvette and that was the highest level of Vette he could buy. In Corvette levels they make a 3LT which give you some of the best options like Power telescopic wheel, memory package,XM Radio and HUD.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:57 AM   #28
Kycamaross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
LOL.. Since your post was at 3:00AM I could see why you are confused..LOL

He is looking at a 2SS/RS Camaro and wanted Color ideas but he looked at a Corvette which in his budget only would allow a 2LT Corvette and that was the highest level of Vette he could buy. In Corvette levels they make a 3LT which give you some of the best options like Power telescopic wheel, memory package,XM Radio and HUD.

Oh ok, got it now. Thanks for unconfusing me!! (feels like an idiot now)