Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-17-2014, 07:17 PM   #1
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
13' RS LFX 1LE Suspension...DONE!

So after much planning I was able to install the complete 1LE suspension kit offered by GM shown here:

I also took several pictures of the V6 OEM vs 1LE parts so you can tell the big difference.
Attached Images

Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:20 PM   #2
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Forgot to say that I also went with 1" drop springs from Eibach as well.

To me the sway bars are the biggest difference. Much larger in dia. and they mount wider giving you better cornering capabilities.

Car rides good. A little stiffer as expected. But not too bad. Corners like crazy now. Cant wait to hit the track again and try out this new set up.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.

Last edited by KaBoom1701; 08-17-2014 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:25 PM   #3
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
I did a level 2 bmr setup, which is very close to what you have. It really makes a big difference doesn't it? I think it is some of the best money I have spent on my V6 to date. Amazing the size differences. Looks great!!
Old 08-17-2014, 07:34 PM   #4
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
I did a level 2 bmr setup, which is very close to what you have. It really makes a big difference doesn't it? I think it is some of the best money I have spent on my V6 to date. Amazing the size differences. Looks great!!
Agreed.

This is one of the biggest "you don't see it but feel it" mods you can do. It's a huge difference going from the OEM V6 parts to this 1LE suspension upgrade. Night a day better handling.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:49 PM   #5
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Here's a copy of the new alignment specs incase anyone wants to know.

Maybe the alignment gurus can chime in...

And yes we did do the "bush timing" procedure as well after install.
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2014, 01:07 AM   #6
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Nice.

I'm either doing this or exhaust next.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:21 AM   #7
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

I think my next move is a supercharger.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:58 AM   #8
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Drives: Camaro Jeep Abarth 944 325i
This is pretty sweet. Suspension is certainly my next mod. How much did this setup cost ya? Did the 1LE kit lower the ride or was that done purely by yourself with the Eibach springs?

Suspension Mods: BMR and JPSS Sways, BMR Poly Bushings, BMR strut tower brace, BMR control arms, BMR toe arms, stock springs and struts
Engine Mods: All bolt ons (haha)
Brake Mods: Brembo SS caliper swap front and rear
Airmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #9
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmaster View Post
This is pretty sweet. Suspension is certainly my next mod. How much did this setup cost ya? Did the 1LE kit lower the ride or was that done purely by yourself with the Eibach springs?
I was able to find a complete take off set from another member who had a 2013 1LE. total cost was $700. I didn't use the OEM 1LE springs as I went with the 1" Eibach lowering springs instead.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #10
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
This is awesome. Definitely on my to do list now.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:59 PM   #11
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
Man, hats off to you for this write-up. I was pretty interested in this and it's nice to see the side-by-side pics.

So... how bad are your knuckles looking right now?
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:39 PM   #12
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Drives: Camaro Jeep Abarth 944 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
I was able to find a complete take off set from another member who had a 2013 1LE. total cost was $700. I didn't use the OEM 1LE springs as I went with the 1" Eibach lowering springs instead.
AWESOME DEAL. I need to stalk the classifieds for something like this!

You think this setup would trump an aftermarket setup like BMR or the like?

Suspension Mods: BMR and JPSS Sways, BMR Poly Bushings, BMR strut tower brace, BMR control arms, BMR toe arms, stock springs and struts
Engine Mods: All bolt ons (haha)
Brake Mods: Brembo SS caliper swap front and rear
Airmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:46 PM   #13
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmaster View Post
AWESOME DEAL. I need to stalk the classifieds for something like this!

You think this setup would trump an aftermarket setup like BMR or the like?

I got a great deal so I'm not sure.

I know for sure the car corners awesome now.

I don't think you can get better front or rear sway bars. The difference is huge in the stock OEM sway's vs. the 1LE ones. The biggest difference is the rear. Much more stable and the car does not pitch or roll around corners like it used to. May some will argue. The 1LE shocks and Eibach springs complete the package. With GM testing and having this an approved V6 upgrade I like the fact that it all works well together.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:13 AM   #14
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Suspension upgrades really make the car more fun to drive, and I'd highly recommend them. That said, I've only done a spring swap to ZL1 springs the corning improvement from that alone was well worth it. I haven't even done sways...I can only imagine how well she would corner then.

Congrats on your new corner carver!