Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-20-2011, 02:07 PM   #43
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
That's how mine sounds. I'll see if I can put some clips up.
Were you able to take that video yet?? Let me know I would love to add it tou our Youtube Channel. Thanks!!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:53 AM   #44
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Here you go,

Stock March 17, 2011:

CAI Inc. intake about a month later. My bad for the too much talking.

CAI Inc. intake with Stainless Works 1 3/4" LT headers with HF cats and SOLO Mach X LLT catback exhaust about 2 weeks ago. Some have seen this vid in another thread so I apologize for the repeat. But this is how the CAI Inc. intake interacts with these particular bolt ons.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.

Last edited by SIXJAK; 06-21-2011 at 01:02 AM. Reason: clarification
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:38 AM   #45
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Here you go,

Stock March 17, 2011:

CAI Inc. intake about a month later. My bad for the too much talking.

CAI Inc. intake with Stainless Works 1 3/4" LT headers with HF cats and SOLO Mach X LLT catback exhaust about 2 weeks ago. Some have seen this vid in another thread so I apologize for the repeat. But this is how the CAI Inc. intake interacts with these particular bolt ons.
Awesome videos man, thanks!! Would you mind emailing me the 3 files for those so that I can upload them onto our YouTube channel?! That would be great! Thanks for choosing CAI Inc. I am really glad that you are so happy!
Old 06-21-2011, 07:48 AM   #46
chrisinlittlerock

Drives: 2010 Camaro/08 Tundra
I have one and I love it, it opened up the car so it could breath. I recommend it to anyone and everyone.
chrisinlittlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:47 AM   #47
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill @ CAI Inc View Post
Awesome videos man, thanks!! Would you mind emailing me the 3 files for those so that I can upload them onto our YouTube channel?! That would be great! Thanks for choosing CAI Inc. I am really glad that you are so happy!
Sent.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:22 PM   #48
illinigar85

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT RS Red Jewel
Have there been any issues with the air flow sensor or with any computer codes? My dealer warned me about oils from the aftermarket filters accumulating on the air sensor and causing problems. I have decided the CAI is the one to purchase based on the numbers I have seen and the custom fit with the kit. Just hesitant about the warning from the dealer. Anybody with thoughts? Thank you.
illinigar85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:27 AM   #49
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinigar85 View Post
Have there been any issues with the air flow sensor or with any computer codes? My dealer warned me about oils from the aftermarket filters accumulating on the air sensor and causing problems. I have decided the CAI is the one to purchase based on the numbers I have seen and the custom fit with the kit. Just hesitant about the warning from the dealer. Anybody with thoughts? Thank you.
I've had mine since April and I have not experienced any warning lights or codes. Just awesomeness. Everytime I open my hood it get's an "Oh wow" or "Cool". It has a little whistle too almost like a turbo spooling.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #50
illinigar85

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT RS Red Jewel
I dig awesomeness! Thank you for the reply.
G
illinigar85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:03 PM   #51
iLLmaTic3s

Drives: 2010 Camaro
bill, you want a vid of my black cai inc intake?
iLLmaTic3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:41 AM   #52
Blacktip

Drives: 2011 1LT Silver RS package
Just installed mine yesterday and all I have to say is WOW...holy crap what a difference .this is my first mod on my RS, and very pleased. I was pleasantly surprised at the sound difference especially inside the car. I don't know if anybody else has had this experience, but the car is a lot louder and deeper around 4000 rpm....and the whistling noise at low end (1200-2000) was unexpected as well.I can imagine my MPG is going to hell this week .......because all I do is stab it
Blacktip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:01 AM   #53
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLmaTic3s View Post
bill, you want a vid of my black cai inc intake?
I would LOVE to get a video!! Any video can be emailed to bhylton@coldairinductions Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktip View Post
Just installed mine yesterday and all I have to say is WOW...holy crap what a difference .this is my first mod on my RS, and very pleased. I was pleasantly surprised at the sound difference especially inside the car. I don't know if anybody else has had this experience, but the car is a lot louder and deeper around 4000 rpm....and the whistling noise at low end (1200-2000) was unexpected as well.I can imagine my MPG is going to hell this week .......because all I do is stab it
I am glad to hear that you are happy with the product!! Make sure to checkout our Facebook Page for product updates and promos!!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #54
TexasCamaro5
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Yeah I just got the ADM air scoop and Roto-fab window washer bottle kit installed on my 2010 V6 and I can feel like a slight increase in power and response on the lower end but probably won't really see it's full potential until I get long-tubes to open up the back side of the engine.
TexasCamaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:58 AM   #55
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCamaro5 View Post
Yeah I just got the ADM air scoop and Roto-fab window washer bottle kit installed on my 2010 V6 and I can feel like a slight increase in power and response on the lower end but probably won't really see it's full potential until I get long-tubes to open up the back side of the engine.
The long tubes will be a really nice addition to your mods.

**SEE THE SPONSOR SECTION FOR A SPECIAL 4TH OF JULY OFFER**
Old 06-29-2011, 08:29 AM   #56
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
My exhaust is on the way. I really want a CAI, but I am a previous victim of hydrolock years back. Im skeptic to say the least
This system is completely sealed so that you have no worries. Unless you try to take your Camaro out on the lake to go fishing you will be fine, I promise! We have sold thousands of systems all over the USA (including Hawaii & Alaska) Canada, South America, Europe, the middle east and even one to a customer in Southern Africa and have never had that issue come up. I can guruantee you that you will love the product and experience no issues regarding your concern. Let me know if you have any questions!