Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #239
Rockies4

Drives: PT Cruiser 02
Saving41

If things don't work out exactly how you want, let me know because my dealership is up in your area. I would bet you your favorite cup of coffee that my salesman would help you out.

IM me if you want the name.

Good luck and I wish you well.

Rockies4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:49 PM   #240
Bullitt

Drives: Horse & Buggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving41 View Post
All I can say is that I am being well looked after By Ed.

BTW The original Car was SOLD to anothe party, but everything is now good
If I waited on my order as long as you and MY car was delivered to the dealership and sold to someone else and I had to wait all over, everything would far from good. I'm assuming that they are going to get you a car in a timely fashion. Otherwise it just seems to me that they are backpeddling to quiet the chit storm that seemed to be brewing. If they don't get you YOUR car yesterday, they win. They sold your original car FOR MORE MONEY and you are waiting again. This is all just my assumption since you won't tell the details. No way would I be waiting again.
Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:53 PM   #241
WILHELM

Drives: N/A
Could someone give me a short summary of what happened here since there are 10 pages here?
Old 05-24-2009, 04:56 PM   #242
Leech

Drives: 2010 SS Inferno Orange
My salesman told me other dealers in Houston were upping their MSRP by 5 to 10 grand!!
Luckly I got mine on the agreed price "we" set in October when I ordered my 2SS. The dealership in question.............Lone Star Chevolet!! See Sid.
These guys are straight shooters..................
Leech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:44 PM   #243
UsedTaHaveA68

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILHELM View Post
Could someone give me a short summary of what happened here since there are 10 pages here?
Savings41 ordered his SS back in October. He placed a $1000 deposit and on the reciept it said the car would be sold at MSRP. The car arrives and the sales manager tells Savings41 that they aren't making enough money on the car, so they want him to pay $5k over MSRP for it. He said no, dealership wouldn't budge, he leaves. Gives them til the next morning to change their minds. Goes to the dealership the next day only to see HIS car being test driven by two other men. The car is subsequently sold to them (or to someone) for $5k over MSRP. An unGodly number of Camaro5 members e-mail and call this dealership. Now Savings41 is saying things are fixed, he will be getting a car for MSRP, and is "dropping all charges" so to speak. I'm going to guess the few hundred e-mails they receieved along with, and this is speculation, someone a little higher up in the food chain than themselves giving them a phone call probably had something to do with it.

Glad to hear things are being settled out for you Savings41. I hate it happened in the first place, but it's nice to know that they have been shown the error of their ways and will be doing to you and the other pre-orderers what they should have done in the first place. Congratulations on your success defeating the dark forces that make up Putnam. Maybe now they will come back to the light side of the force.
UsedTaHaveA68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:52 PM   #244
68 Z/28
Father Time

Drives: 1967 Malibu / 2002 Caddy DTS
Send a message via Yahoo to 68 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsedTaHaveA68 View Post
Savings41 ordered his SS back in October. He placed a $1000 deposit and on the reciept it said the car would be sold at MSRP. The car arrives and the sales manager tells Savings41 that they aren't making enough money on the car, so they want him to pay $5k over MSRP for it. He said no, dealership wouldn't budge, he leaves. Gives them til the next morning to change their minds. Goes to the dealership the next day only to see HIS car being test driven by two other men. The car is subsequently sold to them (or to someone) for $5k over MSRP. An unGodly number of Camaro5 members e-mail and call this dealership. Now Savings41 is saying things are fixed, he will be getting a car for MSRP, and is "dropping all charges" so to speak. I'm going to guess the few hundred e-mails they receieved along with, and this is speculation, someone a little higher up in the food chain than themselves giving them a phone call probably had something to do with it.

Glad to hear things are being settled out for you Savings41. I hate it happened in the first place, but it's nice to know that they have been shown the error of their ways and will be doing to you and the other pre-orderers what they should have done in the first place. Congratulations on your success defeating the dark forces that make up Putnam. Maybe now they will come back to the light side of the force.
Well Said

68 Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:06 AM   #245
McGruff

Drives: 98 Saturn
Quote:
Now Savings41 is saying things are fixed, he will be getting a car for MSRP
I would hope he got something better than that, as he already had a car for MSRP that he could have had a while back.
McGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:47 AM   #246
wirebender

Drives: 2017 ZL1, A10, White, sunroof, nav
I HOPE THIS IS A LESSON THAT WILL BE HEEDED BY ALL THE GREEDY DEALERS OUT THERE!!!!! So glad things finally worked out for you 41......your composure through this was an amazing thing to witness....Thanx.
wirebender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:22 AM   #247
realmuzeikSS

Drives: Hopefully White 5th gen SS
Send a message via AIM to realmuzeikSS
Saving41, I want to congratulate you on behaving in a way that demonstrates camaro lovers are good people. You handled the situation in a mature manner. You're a class act
realmuzeikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:35 AM   #248
LabRat

Drives: Wheeled Vehicles
On a side note!

KUDOS to all you C5 members, that participated in "Saving41"!!

LabRat
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:39 AM   #249
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving41 View Post
Thank you Jamie Mac,
what I found out from this situation is that there are some great people still in this world. With all the bad news that you hear daily, the way everyone responded was inspiring. BTW, if that's you in the right side of your picture...I'd never want to get you mad.

Thanks again
Look closer at those "people"
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:59 PM   #250
Saving41

Drives: IBM 1SS

Shouldn't have missed the plastic sheen! Time to go get the ol eyes checked!
Saving41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:31 PM   #251
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
We take care of our own here
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:02 PM   #252
Justin
Camaro5's Cell Phone Geek

Drives: '02 V6 Camaro. 5 speed manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGruff View Post
I would hope he got something better than that, as he already had a car for MSRP that he could have had a while back.
The car he ordered was sold to someone else it would seem. It seems like he's walked away from the dealership after them doing something to resolve the issue.

2SS RJT with black rally stripes, RS package, sunroof, painted engine block cover. It's either that or a damned similar 'vert in a few years.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote