Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-19-2017, 10:25 PM   #15
Autosenses

Drives: MK7GTI, 21 Traverse
Send a message via AIM to Autosenses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunamanz View Post
I would call them first but that should not be a problem. If you have a problem call my cousin Jeff Hobson @ Hobson Chevrolet in IN. He will shoot you straight! The dealer you buy it from will probably try to sell you an extended warranty as well. There are so many independent warranty companies out there.

If you buy it from the selling dealer you can roll it into financing. If you buy it from somewhere else you will have to pay out of pocket. That is the only difference.

My Infiniti M35 when I bought it in FL they wanted to much for the extended warranty so I just paid out of pocket and bought it over the phone with Infiniti of Scottsdale AZ.
Wow, thanks for the info!

Im guessing between $1500-$2500 for basic powertrain coverage?
Autosenses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:23 PM   #16
FJ60

Drives: '13 2SS RS 1LE ; '85 Landcruiser
Stick to a warranty backed by the manufacturer. In my experience, non-factory warranties are a pain to work with when submitting a claim. When I purchased a Volvo last year I made it clear to the finance guy that I wanted the Volvo service contract and not a third party one despite his spiel about how both warranties are backed by the same insurance company and that their service department never had issues getting repairs covered. After everything was finalized, he quietly admitted that the Volvo-backed extended warranty is the one he would get for himself, too.
FJ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:47 PM   #17
FJ60

Drives: '13 2SS RS 1LE ; '85 Landcruiser
An example of how bad third party service contracts can be . . .

Fidelity (I think that was the name of the company) refused to repair/replace the seat warmers on my wife's VW because the policy did not cover "upholstery." They eventually relented, but the aggravation and time wasted are things I do not want to go through again.
FJ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:37 AM   #18
Autosenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ60 View Post
Stick to a warranty backed by the manufacturer. In my experience, non-factory warranties are a pain to work with when submitting a claim. When I purchased a Volvo last year I made it clear to the finance guy that I wanted the Volvo service contract and not a third party one despite his spiel about how both warranties are backed by the same insurance company and that their service department never had issues getting repairs covered. After everything was finalized, he quietly admitted that the Volvo-backed extended warranty is the one he would get for himself, too.
Im looking into purchasing a chevy backed extended warranty. Problem is theres no price with what im finding..
Old 04-20-2017, 10:00 AM   #19
Tunamanz

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1ce View Post
Im looking into purchasing a chevy backed extended warranty. Problem is theres no price with what im finding..
With you looking at a used car not sold by a GM dealer it will be hard for that dealer to offer you a GM extended warranty. Which means you are just going to have to contact a GM dealer and give them the VIN. Tell them you want to purchase an GM extended warranty and how much is it. Then after you purchase the car call that dealer back and give them your credit card number. Just call the GM dealer first so you have everything lined up. Dealers make great money on extended warranties so if they are capable of selling you one they are going to do everything they can to sell it.

I agree that third party warranties suck. Was just telling you that it is an option if you really have to have an extended warranty!
Tunamanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 06:17 AM   #20
Autosenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunamanz View Post
With you looking at a used car not sold by a GM dealer it will be hard for that dealer to offer you a GM extended warranty. Which means you are just going to have to contact a GM dealer and give them the VIN. Tell them you want to purchase an GM extended warranty and how much is it. Then after you purchase the car call that dealer back and give them your credit card number. Just call the GM dealer first so you have everything lined up. Dealers make great money on extended warranties so if they are capable of selling you one they are going to do everything they can to sell it.

I agree that third party warranties suck. Was just telling you that it is an option if you really have to have an extended warranty!
Thanks everyone for the time, advice and help! Soon as I find one I'll post up!

Cheers!
Old 04-27-2017, 04:47 PM   #21
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalejrnut View Post
Not sure where in NY you are but I would look at Bridgewater Acura in New Jersey. I drove there from Maryland because they had the exact car I was looking for
thats wicked funny. I drove from MA to that same exact dealership to buy my 1LE as well!
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote