Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-30-2011, 09:14 PM   #1
DMDTexAg06

Drives: 2018 2SS Convertible Nightfall Gray
CAI Inc. cold air intake installed!!!

O....M.....G!!!! Just the sound at WOT was worth the money!!! Then throw in the fact that I get slammed into my seat when I stomp on it and you can't wipe the grin off of my face!! Great buy and a quality product!!! Looking to add the ADM scoop next. And before you say it, yes I know my engine compartment is filthy....that's what working at a construction site gets you. Name:  IMAG0208.jpg
Views: 1255
Size:  146.1 KB
DMDTexAg06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:05 PM   #2
cyberLS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey LS
Congrats i got a different intake but the CAI and sounds like a great intake as well.
cyberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:17 PM   #3
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Welcome to the club.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:39 AM   #4
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Looks nice too.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:07 PM   #5
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
I really like the look of the CAI intake and I'm sure you're jazzed to have it in and all but can you unequivocally say it improved/quickened throttle response? I'm real impressed with the overall power and performance of my V6 so far but the throttle response does seem kind of hesitant at times.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:27 PM   #6
DMDTexAg06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy11RS View Post
I really like the look of the CAI intake and I'm sure you're jazzed to have it in and all but can you unequivocally say it improved/quickened throttle response? I'm real impressed with the overall power and performance of my V6 so far but the throttle response does seem kind of hesitant at times.
Well, if you are looking for statistical numbers, alas.....I don't have any. You can look at the dyno numbers if you like from Janetty's CAI study. I can say that the first time I punched it all out, the little magnetic strip that holds the seat belt down popped loose from the magnetic mount cause I wasn't ready for it and I slid around a bit too much. That's never happened before. There also seems to be a nice change at higher speeds, entering the highway and such, I don't have to stomp as much to get there quicker. I won't lie to you and say that all the hesitation is gone in the throttle response area...there is still some, but I can say it has improved a bit. I notice a difference....it's not like driving a whole new car.....or a V8.....but for me, it's a nice little bit of pep that wasn't there before.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:54 PM   #7
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMDTexAg06 View Post
Well, if you are looking for statistical numbers, alas.....I don't have any. You can look at the dyno numbers if you like from Janetty's CAI study. I can say that the first time I punched it all out, the little magnetic strip that holds the seat belt down popped loose from the magnetic mount cause I wasn't ready for it and I slid around a bit too much. That's never happened before. There also seems to be a nice change at higher speeds, entering the highway and such, I don't have to stomp as much to get there quicker. I won't lie to you and say that all the hesitation is gone in the throttle response area...there is still some, but I can say it has improved a bit. I notice a difference....it's not like driving a whole new car.....or a V8.....but for me, it's a nice little bit of pep that wasn't there before.
Thanks for the quick response. I actually have little doubt that the CAI intake, or any decent similar unit, improves the throttle response at least some. I know a very similar product I installed on my 2005 Impala SS did. I know I will eventually get an intake for my 2011 1LT RS but have to somehow convince the wife that doing so isn't really "altering/changing" the engine. I had to promise I wouldn't mod the drivetrain on this new car the way I extensively did on the Impala which came from the factory supercharged but eventually I added an intercooler, smaller pulley, higher lift rockers, headers, tune, etc, etc. Made the car much quicker but dicier to trade in.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:19 PM   #8
DMDTexAg06

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response. I actually have little doubt that the CAI intake, or any decent similar unit, improves the throttle response at least some. I know a very similar product I installed on my 2005 Impala SS did. I know I will eventually get an intake for my 2011 1LT RS but have to somehow convince the wife that doing so isn't really "altering/changing" the engine. I had to promise I wouldn't mod the drivetrain on this new car the way I extensively did on the Impala which came from the factory supercharged but eventually I added an intercooler, smaller pulley, higher lift rockers, headers, tune, etc, etc. Made the car much quicker but dicier to trade in.
Yeaaaah......see, mine is still a g/f for now so I'm trying to get all my modding in before that changes!!!! I already bought her ring so the rest of the money is free to use!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:25 PM   #9
DMDTexAg06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
Looks nice too.
Thanks!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 02:19 PM   #10
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Happy Wife = Happy Life....I hear ya!! Well the good news is that it voids no vehicle warranties and will actually improve the efficiency of the motor. And you can always sell her on the improved fuel econnomy you will get! Good luck!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:13 PM   #11
DMDTexAg06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill @ CAI Inc View Post
Happy Wife = Happy Life....I hear ya!! Well the good news is that it voids no vehicle warranties and will actually improve the efficiency of the motor. And you can always sell her on the improved fuel econnomy you will get! Good luck!
Thats a good point!!! I am already seeing better fuel economy numbers in the short term. I'll probably fill up tomorrow after I am done...ummmm..."breaking it in"....I will run that tank and post up the long term gains/difference.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:25 PM   #12
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Don't you just love it? I know I do mine.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:05 PM   #13
WVCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1Lt RS Victory Red
Looks Great.. Love mine... love how it deepen the sound of the motor when you really put your foot in it...
WVCamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:25 AM   #14
chevyfan#1
I Love my new Camaro!!

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro SS
I have the CAI Inc. on my V8 but a buddy has it on his V6 and we both love it!! They really do make a top notch product. I am not the most mechaniclly inclined person and the installation was a breeze even for me!!
chevyfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote