Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-25-2011, 06:26 PM   #1
TotallyDavis

Drives: Pontiac Firebird
Angry GAHHH! The wait is literally (not literally) killing me. Anyone else feel this way?

At least tell me I'm not the only one....

Last edited by TotallyDavis; 07-25-2011 at 06:38 PM.
TotallyDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:06 PM   #2
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Relax, at this rate you'll be dead before the car even gets in. The solution for anxiety isn't medications its A LOT of beer.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:10 PM   #3
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
i did not order mine from the factory but the weeks and mouths leading up to me buying my camaro it was torment day after day waiting...waiting...for the money so i could pull the trigger OH IT WAS TORMENT

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:07 AM   #4
GrandPrixGXP

Drives: Grand Prix GXP
Yes, I totally feel your pain!! My production week is "next" week, but the dealer said it may sit around in a lot for weeks until they get a truck full to make it worth the gas to move the truck!!
GrandPrixGXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:13 AM   #5
chrisinlittlerock

Drives: 2010 Camaro/08 Tundra
I waited from December 08-August 09 to get mine. I was a pre-order so I ordered it sight unseen. It was terrible. I was on this sight everyday checking it out. Good luck it's not fun.

Last edited by chrisinlittlerock; 07-26-2011 at 04:28 AM.
chrisinlittlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:21 AM   #6
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Quote:
Relax, at this rate you'll be dead before the car even gets in. The solution for anxiety isn't medications its A LOT of beer.
With Tom on this one.
99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 98 bottles of beer on the wall.
Where's the guy with the huge beer fridge?

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:13 PM   #7
DeadCell

Drives: 2001 Ford Ranger Edge
My question is, how do you order one! Chevy just has 2011's on their site. And my dealer claims they don't even have pricing info yet
DeadCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:19 PM   #8
exflirt
Corvette Goddess

Drives: Soon - 2015 Z06 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadCell View Post
My question is, how do you order one! Chevy just has 2011's on their site. And my dealer claims they don't even have pricing info yet
Get a new dealer. Any dealer that doesn't know where/how to get their own pricing, how to order, or that they can place an order now will f*ck everything up and make your life miserable. And you've got a whole forum of information here at your fingertips. Use the button and educate yourself so you don't get taken.

Order from Becky or Eric at Classic if you have to. Trust me, a good dealer makes all the difference in the world.

Good luck.
8.26.2014 - Deposit placed with Mike Furman @ Criswell Corvette in MD for 2015 2LZ Laguna Blue Z06 Convertible, navigation, carbon flash gfx, carbon flash stinger stripe, spectra gray wheels, dark gray calipers, gray interior, suede seat inserts. EXCITED is an understatement!
exflirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #9
MiracleAces

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS Coupe
Waiting for your heart attack to occur...

"Being persistant and never giving up may not always get the job done, but it just may annoy someone else enough to make it worth your while."
MiracleAces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:40 PM   #10
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Six days??? F U! LOL I ordered mine October 15th, 2008 and didn't get it until June 29th, 2009!!!

Do you hear that? Its the world's smallest violin!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #11
DeadCell

Drives: 2001 Ford Ranger Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by exflirt View Post
Get a new dealer. Any dealer that doesn't know where/how to get their own pricing, how to order, or that they can place an order now will f*ck everything up and make your life miserable. And you've got a whole forum of information here at your fingertips. Use the button and educate yourself so you don't get taken.

Order from Becky or Eric at Classic if you have to. Trust me, a good dealer makes all the difference in the world.

Good luck.
My dealer is new to the Chevy biz but we've done business with him at his Ford dealership. He actually gave us a fair deal last go around on the Explorer my dad had bought. I had went to another Chevy dealer close to home but they were pathetic, the guy knew less about the car than I did and he treated me like I was some kid, I'm 25 thank you. He went to hand me his card as I left and I told him to stick it, I won't be needing it.

I do need to figure something out though. How does the order process work in terms of signing for the car and such? That doesn't happen til the car arrives, right? I know there will be a fee for ordering that you can't get back if you back out for any reason. I'm just asking for info.
DeadCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:56 PM   #12
Rencor

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Oh and just, then when you get it, you gotta break her in. I am at 225 miles and this slow driving is killing me!!
Rencor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:59 PM   #13
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
eet jus cah... you git it luv yu long time
Old 07-26-2011, 04:04 PM   #14
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
I went through the same thing when I ordered my 2011 in May and waited until July 9 to pick her up. Not as long as the ones that pre-ordered, but the wait is still crazy. Wait until it is on the train or truck and you will have a stroke.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote