Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-02-2017, 06:41 PM   #1
Autosenses

Drives: MK7GTI, 21 Traverse
Send a message via AIM to Autosenses
Dealer locating 1le

Hey,

I reached out to my local dealer, which is pretty big and has many GM high performance cars and said I am looking for a 14-15 CPO 1ss 1le, could you help? the sales man emailed back saying "they actually have the capability to purchase these". I emailed back but got nothing- i'm sure he has the weekend off.

Does anyone know what they mean? like at auction or through other GM dealers?

I'm getting antsy as the pick'in for 14-15 gen5's are getting smaller.

Hope to get in one before the summer, hell i want one before spring!!

Thanks for the input!
Autosenses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:02 PM   #2
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Well, I would imagine he's referring to the dealership making a wholesale purchase, either via auction or trade-in...good luck with the search!
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:04 PM   #3
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Haha! One thousandth post!
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:29 PM   #4
Autosenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
Well, I would imagine he's referring to the dealership making a wholesale purchase, either via auction or trade-in...good luck with the search!
I figured he meant auction. To bad all the 1le's I found are very far away.
Old 04-16-2017, 02:48 PM   #5
dalejrnut

Drives: Black 2015 2SS 1LE "Batmobile"
Not sure where in NY you are but I would look at Bridgewater Acura in New Jersey. I drove there from Maryland because they had the exact car I was looking for
Old 04-16-2017, 07:53 PM   #6
Full Lock
Evasive Maneuvers

Drives: SIM '15 1SS 1LE
I had to drive 7hrs to get my first 1LE with the options I wanted. may need to expand your search and if you find one at a chevy dealer, your local dealer should be able to purchase the car for you or you can road trip. the return drive will be worth it
GL with the search
'13 Camaro 1LE AGM *SOLD*
Full Lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 08:24 PM   #7
Autosenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalejrnut View Post
Not sure where in NY you are but I would look at Bridgewater Acura in New Jersey. I drove there from Maryland because they had the exact car I was looking for
Im only 3hrs from Bridgewater acura. Im very interested in what they have but its not CPO. Do those cars have any warranty from chevy?

I feel like im ending 28k its gotta have some warranty backing.

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2017, 09:52 PM   #8
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

What year is the one in NJ? You'll at least have the balance of the factory warranty.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

Old 04-17-2017, 06:47 AM   #9
Autosenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
What year is the one in NJ? You'll at least have the balance of the factory warranty.
Theres a 2013, 14, and 15. I like the 2013 and will go after that one.

Can you explain how it works?

Thanks
Old 04-17-2017, 09:09 AM   #10
Tunamanz

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Buying CPO does not always cover you.......pay attention to what you are buying and if you are buying out of state pay someone to inspect it before buying it.

With this car, which I no longer have after fighting through the Ohio Attorney General, was a internet visual only purchase. I bought it and had it shipped.....you can read the rest if you want.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=456174
Tunamanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:51 PM   #11
Autosenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunamanz View Post
Buying CPO does not always cover you.......pay attention to what you are buying and if you are buying out of state pay someone to inspect it before buying it.

With this car, which I no longer have after fighting through the Ohio Attorney General, was a internet visual only purchase. I bought it and had it shipped.....you can read the rest if you want.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=456174

Yikes dude. Thats why im working with my local dealer or willing to travel 3hrs. Bridgewater acura is less than 3hrs away but those 1LE's are not CPO cars. So the question is there any coverage on those cars?

http://www.bridgewateracura.com/used..._filters=false
Thanks!
Old 04-17-2017, 08:33 PM   #12
Tunamanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1ce View Post
Yikes dude. Thats why im working with my local dealer or willing to travel 3hrs. Bridgewater acura is less than 3hrs away but those 1LE's are not CPO cars. So the question is there any coverage on those cars?

http://www.bridgewateracura.com/used..._filters=false
Thanks!

As long as they are under the 3YR/36K miles you would be able to purchase an extended warranty for them.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:30 PM   #13
Autosenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunamanz View Post
As long as they are under the 3YR/36K miles you would be able to purchase an extended warranty for them.
So I just bring the car to my local chevy dealer and buy extended warranty at their service desk?

Thanks
Old 04-18-2017, 11:16 PM   #14
Tunamanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1ce View Post
So I just bring the car to my local chevy dealer and buy extended warranty at their service desk?

Thanks
I would call them first but that should not be a problem. If you have a problem call my cousin Jeff Hobson @ Hobson Chevrolet in IN. He will shoot you straight! The dealer you buy it from will probably try to sell you an extended warranty as well. There are so many independent warranty companies out there.

If you buy it from the selling dealer you can roll it into financing. If you buy it from somewhere else you will have to pay out of pocket. That is the only difference.

My Infiniti M35 when I bought it in FL they wanted to much for the extended warranty so I just paid out of pocket and bought it over the phone with Infiniti of Scottsdale AZ.