Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-30-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
cstproductions

Drives: Future 1LT IBM Camaro
Question Anyone familiar with industrial gearboxes?

Is anyone familiar with industrial gearboxes/speed reducers? Im selling two gearboxes that were going to be used as extras at a goodyear plant in tyler incase any of them failed. Im going to get a ten percent commision if I successfully sell them but I dont know very much about them. Anyone experienced in them?

I have more pictures too

cstproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:52 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
I do, those things are pretty big, and appear have CHAIN drive sprockets! which is somewhat unusual, ANYWAY, you need to go and get all the info off their name plates, as that is some of the first things anybody that it looking at them needs to know. the MFG. the model, serial numbers......get it all.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
I do, those things are pretty big, and appear have CHAIN drive sprockets! which is somewhat unusual, ANYWAY, you need to go and get all the info off their name plates, as that is some of the first things anybody that it looking at them needs to know. the MFG. the model, serial numbers......get it all.

Perhaps those are the output sprockets, in which case a chain drive would be normal. And yeah those things are huge, ur lookin at needing around 250 horse to drive em.
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 05:30 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brunsy View Post
Perhaps those are the output sprockets, in which case a chain drive would be normal. And yeah those things are huge, ur lookin at needing around 250 horse to drive em.
I knew they were the output shafts.......but with all the huge gearboxes I deal with.....NONE of them are chain driven. It just depends on the output shaft speeds.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:10 PM   #5
Big Brunsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
I knew they were the output shafts.......but with all the huge gearboxes I deal with.....NONE of them are chain driven. It just depends on the output shaft speeds.
What kind of output device do you use, and what type of things do you drive them big bastages with?? I guess the gearboxes I deal with aren't ANYWHERE near that big. We mainly use them to drive conveyors and adgitators. Biggest gearboxes we have are in our Homoginizers which are driven by 150hp motors. Other than that the biggest we got are track drives in the cooler that run 10hp motors.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:51 AM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Big Brunsy, I work at a NUCLEAR PLANT, hence my name, for the last 30 plus years, in the maintenance department......Some of the gearboxes on a few of our cranes make those look TINY.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:22 AM   #7
Big Brunsy

hmmm Nuclear Plant > Milk Plant