Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 04-08-2009, 06:12 PM   #15
FNKNSTN
Banned

Drives: A Black Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM'r_For_Life View Post
Transmissions:
MXO Transmission, Automatic 6 Speed $995.00
MXO Transmission, Automatic 6 Speed &2LT or 2SS $1,185.00

Extra cost is for Remote start.
You can not get remote start on a 1SS
You can get remote start on a 1LT if you choose the Convenience and Connectivity Package (SRJ)
Maybe I'm just clueless... but what does starting a car and letting it idle while it's already in "Park" before you get into it have to do with the Transmission?
FNKNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:41 AM   #16
FNKNSTN
Banned

If the Convenience and Connectivity Package is a standard option once you upgrade to the 2SS, then why would it be tacked onto the price of the transmission?
Old 04-09-2009, 12:57 AM   #17
Grape Ape

Drives: 96 Bronco w/ a 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNKNSTN View Post
If the Convenience and Connectivity Package is a standard option once you upgrade to the 2SS, then why would it be tacked onto the price of the transmission?
Think of it as a $200 discount for the 2SS & 2LT stick shift buyers who don't get the whole Convenience and Connectivity Package (no remote start).
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:07 AM   #18
Grape Ape

Drives: 96 Bronco w/ a 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNKNSTN View Post
Maybe I'm just clueless... but what does starting a car and letting it idle while it's already in "Park" before you get into it have to do with the Transmission?
No automaker will offer remote start with a stick shift because sooner or later someone is going to hit the start button while the car is in gear and kill or maim someone. And I bet there is a law (or five) against it.

I imagine that in the 2040s some of these cars might be old and busted enough that the keys can be removed in park and started in drive. But I also know that autos creep pretty slowly on the starter motor and I bet the ECM is programed to kill the starter and slam on the brakes if it starts to move while being remote started.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:55 AM   #19
FNKNSTN
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape Ape View Post
No automaker will offer remote start with a stick shift because sooner or later someone is going to hit the start button while the car is in gear and kill or maim someone. And I bet there is a law (or five) against it.

I imagine that in the 2040s some of these cars might be old and busted enough that the keys can be removed in park and started in drive. But I also know that autos creep pretty slowly on the starter motor and I bet the ECM is programed to kill the starter and slam on the brakes if it starts to move while being remote started.
Ahhhhhhh dude, you're right.

Now that I think about it... that's wiggity wiggity wiggity whack!!