Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-18-2013, 08:15 AM   #827
Rob21sf

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LLT
V6 LLT questions for the gang!

Happy Monday everbody! Well. I just started finishing up some upgrades on my LLT and have a few questions/Opinions on other future modifications for my car. So, if you have or had experience with any of the following questions please chine in.

1. RX catch can with oil cap breather: What is the concensus on this part with LLT owners? Yea or Nay?

2. HEX Vents: Good addition? Water issues even with the tray?

3. Oracle afterburner SMD lighting: Worth the looks? Easy to do?

4. Any other options on fog lights for the LS besides OE?

Thank you for all you time! Here's a picture of what she looks like for now, more to come!
Attached Images

Rob21sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #828
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Catch can with a breather is a great investment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #829
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Catch Can is a must ! There are a few really good ones out there. I went with a custom saikou michi catch can. They are widely used on higher end cars but is great for catching oil due to their muti- Stage catching. www.saikoumichi.com
On the fog lights, for my LS I went with the BFxenon kit. They use oem housings for an oem fit. I had HIDs installed but have seen the LED version and they look great also.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #830
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
How much is the trifecta tune if I have the cable ?
My car has never been tuned
No I think it's $300 because you already have the cable.

http://store.badnewsracing.net/Trife...-36L_p_39.html
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #831
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Going to be doing some road racing?

I want some new mods but my most recent mod (still need to install it) completely wiped me out. I did rip off my red stripes and put some black hash marks on the car
Only racing I really do is drag, Hoping the added power from the headers and the loss of some rotational weight from the rotors will show a good improvement.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #832
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob21sf View Post
Happy Monday everbody! Well. I just started finishing up some upgrades on my LLT and have a few questions/Opinions on other future modifications for my car. So, if you have or had experience with any of the following questions please chine in.

1. RX catch can with oil cap breather: What is the concensus on this part with LLT owners? Yea or Nay?

2. HEX Vents: Good addition? Water issues even with the tray?

3. Oracle afterburner SMD lighting: Worth the looks? Easy to do?

4. Any other options on fog lights for the LS besides OE?

Thank you for all you time! Here's a picture of what she looks like for now, more to come!
1. Yay. I would look into the elite catch can as well though. I like the elite more because of the way it is drained.

2. Yes, great addition. With the water trays, you should be good. A bunch of members have them and have had them through terrible thunderstorms and they said it was all good.

3. Depends on what you like. There was a product someone found on the internet that is the same as the oracle one but instead of showing all the light LED dots, it's a nice line of light. I'll see if I can find it and link it real quick.

4. You can do whatever you want with your fogs. If you order the RS fog light bezels, all you need is a 4" fog light housing and they will fit. I did that with mine and only ended spending about 40 dollars in total.

Car looks great by the way!

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #833
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Only racing I really do is drag, Hoping the added power from the headers and the loss of some rotational weight from the rotors will show a good improvement.
I know headers help top end so you should see a pretty good improvement there. I feel like our cars need more top end. When I race a guy who has an SS at the track, I keep up with him pretty much the whole way until the end when he takes me. If I had a little more top end, I could take him. I've beat him 3 times already but everytime, he's either gaining by the end or passes me.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #834
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
I agree with you guys on the catch can. I wouldn't do RX if I had it to do over again simply because it's a pain to drain it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #835
Rob21sf

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LLT
re

Quote:
1. Yay. I would look into the elite catch can as well though. I like the elite more because of the way it is drained.

2. Yes, great addition. With the water trays, you should be good. A bunch of members have them and have had them through terrible thunderstorms and they said it was all good.

3. Depends on what you like. There was a product someone found on the internet that is the same as the oracle one but instead of showing all the light LED dots, it's a nice line of light. I'll see if I can find it and link it real quick.

4. You can do whatever you want with your fogs. If you order the RS fog light bezels, all you need is a 4" fog light housing and they will fit. I did that with mine and only ended spending about 40 dollars in total.

Car looks great by the way!
Thanks you! I'll definetly look in to the ELITE catch can. Let me know if you find the link for LED dots for the brake lights.
Rob21sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #836
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
I know headers help top end so you should see a pretty good improvement there. I feel like our cars need more top end. When I race a guy who has an SS at the track, I keep up with him pretty much the whole way until the end when he takes me. If I had a little more top end, I could take him. I've beat him 3 times already but everytime, he's either gaining by the end or passes me.
Cool can't wait to see how I do when I go back out with all the new mods
Old 03-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #837
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob21sf View Post
Thanks you! I'll definetly look in to the ELITE catch can. Let me know if you find the link for LED dots for the brake lights.
Thanks for reminding me, here's the link for the afterburners. They look a lot better than the AAC ones (my opinion) and aren't as expensive either

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282319

Old 03-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #838
SixCyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
I agree with you guys on the catch can. I wouldn't do RX if I had it to do over again simply because it's a pain to drain it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Really? I never looked into the elite CC so I wouldn't know. What makes it so easy?
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #839
lscamaro

Its designed so you can unscrew the bottom half of the can. So it's a lot easier to do than the way you empty the rx one

Old 03-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #840
SixCyl

Oh sweet, I could see that being a problem if it has more oil than the half way point though, haha.