Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-27-2008, 08:49 PM   #29
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
ok so im not crazy, awesome
Camaro Lives On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:51 PM   #30
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_camaro_SS View Post
after watching the vid for the 25th time (sorry the car is just so damn gorgeous. There is a small "deck lid" spoiler on it... its just hard to see with the white. The spoiler is almost like a small lip on the back of the trunk which is classy yet sporty
There is a small deck spoiler for sure. On the original higher quality original vid you can see it clearly.
Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:56 PM   #31
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
I see bigger wheels!!! Those hockey stripes don't look that bad. still not getting them. I'm totally happy with the body. Looks very good. Still needs vents. I see the front vent is open on this one.

I saw the Camaros in Florida, they were not loud. Who said they were loud? According to the testers the said something to the efect of being the base V8 or V6 models.

I was referring to all the comments from the FL posters about how quiet the Camaro was when they saw it. Clearly this one is much louder than the ones down in FL which is an interesting difference.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:58 PM   #32
aaron7

Drives: 89 MR2, 93 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer CamAro View Post
Why is it that this camaro has only been shot with cell phones? Just a word of advice to the members in AZ. Keep your Cameras with you at all times. In other words that thing looks wiked!!!

AHH! I shot this with a 8mp camera! The quality is reduced for internet streaming.
aaron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:58 PM   #33
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
There is a small deck spoiler for sure. On the original higher quality original vid you can see it clearly.
Can we get a copy of the high-res video, some of us with DSL/Cable are not scared.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:02 PM   #34
SC Tiger
snake eater

Drives: '89 RS Vert (Goodwrench 350)
I've watched it more times than I can count and that thing looks really PISSED coming up and around that curve! I love that attitude on a car. There are very few like it, if any.

New to the site by the way. Don't worry though, I've lurked for a little over a year (sorry it took so long to register, just haven't really wanted to post until recently with all these videos and pictures coming out gave me the uncontrollable itch to post!). So, in essence, I know most of you and your posting styles and YES (!) I know they're not the real headlights, and I know who fbodfather (aka - Redplanet) is.

I have a midnight blue (w/ metallic chips) '89 RS convertible. Black ragtop. Great car in great shape, I'm the 3rd owner.

Feels great to finally post! Glad I'm here!

Oh yeah, one more thing, I know munkeedrummer is from SC and there's one more, can't remember who it is though. Anybody else?
SC Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:09 PM   #35
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncertime View Post
Can we get a copy of the high-res video, some of us with DSL/Cable are not scared.
ya, maybe that will load on my computer. im willing to wait as long as i have to for it to load, i just want to hear this thing, and even after installing the adobe update, it still wont let me :(.
Camaro Lives On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:09 PM   #36
decodethis
Dr. Decode

Drives: 1969 Camaro SS
Wow thanks for sharing! I'm not sure I'm digging that "performance" hood though. Looks a bit too "boy racer" for me.
decodethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:13 PM   #37
JimLE#1301

Drives: '02 SS LE Vert & '02 B4C
JimLE#1301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:18 PM   #38
smokn'

Drives: Banana boat
great post!
smokn' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:20 PM   #39
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncertime View Post
I've uploaded a slightly higher res/quality version.
Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:23 PM   #40
wabashcannonball

Drives: 2002 Dodge Stratus R/T
Am I the only one that isn't convinced this is an Z28/SS? I'm pretty sure that the V6 Mustang has more striping options than an V8 model.

On a side note, does anyone think that GM should invest in an original DOHC 5.0? I think it would be awesome to have a brand new motor for this bad boy, a la the original Z28? I would really like to see a smaller, revvier motor more like BMW's M3 or Audi's R8 power plant. Just an idea.
wabashcannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:38 PM   #41
black_camaro_SS

Drives: 13 BOSS LS
Send a message via AIM to black_camaro_SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabashcannonball View Post
Am I the only one that isn't convinced this is an Z28/SS? I'm pretty sure that the V6 Mustang has more striping options than an V8 model.

On a side note, does anyone think that GM should invest in an original DOHC 5.0? I think it would be awesome to have a brand new motor for this bad boy, a la the original Z28? I would really like to see a smaller, revvier motor more like BMW's M3 or Audi's R8 power plant. Just an idea.
Because its easier for chevy to just have a couple performance motors for easy production we are looking at probably an ls3 for the z28 which is 402 hp and 402 lbs of torque 6.2 liter v8 and probably a version of the ls9 for the ss package which will be a supercharged version of the ls3.
black_camaro_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:52 PM   #42
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
I doubt it's the SS. Those stripes are there just to model the possibilities for potential accessory options.