Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 05-01-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
DIY - Running wire through firewall, passenger side of car

Sorry for the crappy pics, they aren't in the best place for the car for this. The small red wire was used to pull my radar detector wire through.

You will need to remove the passenger side kick panel.
Remove the passenger side cover from your dash (part 1)

Then remove the passenger sill plate (part 7), and then the cowl trim (part 4).

You will then need to remove the passenger side cowl. Pop up the three plastic tabs, remove the retainers, then lift the cowl out.(see first attached image)

From the inside of the car, under the passenger side cowl cover (kick panel) slide the carpet back and remove the rubber plug. Then run your wire though. You can make a slice in the rubber plug so it works like a grommet.
Attached Images

Last edited by skuttduck; 05-01-2010 at 07:09 PM.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:23 AM   #2
FRKNlo

Drives: VStar 1100 Classic, 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Thanks! Im sure this will come in handy someday soon
FRKNlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:50 AM   #3
skuttduck

Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRKNlo View Post
Thanks! Im sure this will come in handy someday soon
You're welcome.

I kind of wish I could have gotten a better picture of the wire coming out into the car. It was hard to hold the camera, and pull the carpet aside.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:49 PM   #4
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I had to use this the other day and I wanted to throw in my thoughts.

For clairification I'm going to mention that the plug that is needed is behind the Cabin Air filter frame.

Initially I just pulled out the fiter and didn't move the frame. There are two of those 1/2 plugs and one probably 2" plug. I tried for quiet some time to fish I line using those plugs without successes. After I was about to give up I decided to pull on that frame. Sure enough it pops right off and there is the plug.

I ended up pushing it through and losing the plug. You hand doesn't have alot of room when it's sharing space with that loose frame. I ended up coverint the wire with some rubber foam and then jamming that into the hole. It should stay just fine.
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:39 PM   #5
skuttduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I had to use this the other day and I wanted to throw in my thoughts.

For clairification I'm going to mention that the plug that is needed is behind the Cabin Air filter frame.

Initially I just pulled out the fiter and didn't move the frame. There are two of those 1/2 plugs and one probably 2" plug. I tried for quiet some time to fish I line using those plugs without successes. After I was about to give up I decided to pull on that frame. Sure enough it pops right off and there is the plug.

I ended up pushing it through and losing the plug. You hand doesn't have alot of room when it's sharing space with that loose frame. I ended up coverint the wire with some rubber foam and then jamming that into the hole. It should stay just fine.

I didn't have to do anything with the in cabin air frame. Once I found the plug on the inside of the car and popped it out it was easy.

Can you find your plug on the inside of the car anywhere?
Old 03-29-2011, 05:15 PM   #6
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttduck View Post
I didn't have to do anything with the in cabin air frame. Once I found the plug on the inside of the car and popped it out it was easy.

Can you find your plug on the inside of the car anywhere?
Looked for the plug but couldn't find it. No big deal....I should be okay with what I did.

I didn't see it until after the frame came off. It easily pops off and back on though for anyone that wants to do it that way.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:18 PM   #7
skuttduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Looked for the plug but couldn't find it. No big deal....I should be okay with what I did.

I didn't see it until after the frame came off. It easily pops off and back on though for anyone that wants to do it that way.
Don't feel bad, I spent 3 days of a couple hours each on the drivers side trying to find the other hole, then I pulled off the kick panel and cowl then found this one.

As a bonus I found the incabin filter as well.