Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-31-2013, 10:10 AM   #15
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
PM me if you want a recommendation on a dealer that will absolutely take care of your car no matter where you bought it. May be a little bit of a ride but it is worth it.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:14 AM   #16
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Have you posted this in the Dealership/Stealership sticky.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:16 AM   #17
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Have you posted this in the Dealership/Stealership sticky.
no, I did not even know there was a section like that.
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:24 AM   #18
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Joe like Ozzie mentioned David Maus has been servicing my Suburban and my Camaro since they day they opened I have never had an issue. My service advisor is Billy and he always walks around the vehicles and makes note of any issues before they take it in. I did not purchase my vehicles from them I purchased the Subruran from Starling Chevrolet, and the Camaro from Castriota Chevy.

Good luck with this mess I hae never liked courtesy chevy even when they were World Chevrolet back in the day the service department has always sucked.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:26 AM   #19
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
http://www.dealerrater.com
Old 07-31-2013, 10:35 AM   #20
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
no, I did not even know there was a section like that.
Mhm it's the link above my sig picture.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:38 AM   #21
cbass

Drives: .
Which courtesy chevrolet?

It says you are located in FLorida, but there is a courtesy Chevrolet in Phoenix.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:45 AM   #22
joes407

i posted them in the thread but i don't know how to hyperlink.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:45 AM   #23
joes407

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
Which courtesy chevrolet?

It says you are located in FLorida, but there is a courtesy Chevrolet in Phoenix.

Orlando courtesy by the airport
Old 07-31-2013, 10:50 AM   #24
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
Quote:
so as many here know my car has been at courtesy chevy by the airport since Monday for a simple list of warranty repairs. when the car was dropped off we did a full walk around inside and out so there would be no issues upon pick up. yesterday I stopped in to check on progress and the techs are working on my car with no fender guards to protect the paint. this morning I go to pick up my car that is supposed to be done. when I get there the first thing I see is the hood is severely scratched up from them putting in the new ecf insert, then I open my door and the side bolsters on my seat are crushed and wrinkled. then under the hood theres coolant all over top of intake and other engine parts that the tech didn't clean up after his work was done. the instructions I left were there was to be no wiping on the exterior paint period as I just paid to have to car polished and waxed to a mirror finish. needless to say whoever wiped down my car scratched the piss out of it. so I then talk with service manager who then tells me the seat is nomal wear although after 25k miles of driving it did not look like it does now when I dropped it off. immediately he got defensive and said hes not going to put a new seat in. I didn't ask for a new seat i was just pointing out the issues at that time. he then told me my car has a laundry list of repairs which is total b.s as the only repairs I get are warranty work or service bulletins. I told him we always have issues when my car gets left overnight. last time someone stole the valve stem caps and wrote wash me in the dust on the car, another time the tech wasted my door edge on the cement wall, on my SS they greased up the orange leather beyond cleaning and the list of monkey antics goes on and on. at that point the service manager told me he does not care about my car or what happens to it because I did not buy it there. on top of it they've had it since Monday and they still didn't fix the rearend noise yet they are throwing parts at an issue theyre unsure of the cause. take this warning and DO NOT USE COURTESY CHEVY FOR REPAIRS or your car will be damaged! now im stuck with the monkey brigade attempting the rest of the repairs since no other dealer wants to fix other dealers screw-ups. this is unacceptable behavior for a dealership and obviously they don't care about the cars brought to them for service bulletins especially if you didn't buy it from them. although if they had a ZL-1 when I got mine I would've bought from them but they only got 1 for 2012 and had no other allotments. im not sure what to do at this point but I will be finding a new dealer. I called g.m customer service and they opened a case but told me theres nothing they can do, they do not reprimand bad dealerships. with the way I was treated there today I will never buy another chevy from an autonation dealership and at this point I may not buy another chevy.
That really sucks.

Had a really popular dealer in Plant City FL put dirty /oily hand prints all over my just cleaned ZL1 changing the oil. Also they quoted one price on the oil change and once it was done they raised the price $10.

So my next oil change I took my car back to the dealer I bought it from... Ferman Chevy in Brandon. Car was in for an oil change. Everything was great. They noticed a coolant leak and stated it should be repaired. (The typical LSx engine coolant leak at the oil cooler.) Again all positive and I was happy they found the issue. So I dropped off the car. Four days later I picked up the car at close of the dealership. I drove home and parked it till the next morning. I was due to go to a car show so I get up and wash the car. Then I see the door ding in the middle of the drivers side door. I drive it straight back and show them. They first said I did it. I know for a fact the car did not have the dig before it was in the shop. The location is typical of someone hitting the door on a two post rack getting in or out of the car. They said they would call back but never did. If they will not follow up on an issue then.

So far I have not found a good dealer to work on my car. Really sucks as I had a great one in Indiana.

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:52 AM   #25
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Quote:
as far as the answer I got from g.m about my complaint was a joke too. they told me they don't reprimand dealers and that any dealer has the right to refuse to do the warranty work on my car if they don't want to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello joes407,

I have sent you a private message regarding the status of your case.

Jessica (assisting William R.)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Until you go public then they fall all over you.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:15 AM   #26
WLNY

Drives: ZL1
Complain on Facebook and Twitter to Chevy. Also if the dealer has a Facebook page post it there as well.
WLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:18 AM   #27
joes407

you know the real sad part is that this service manager never took his ass of his seat to come and look at the issues being discussed or why he was screaming at me. he truly couldn't give a care since i didn't buy it there. i paint houses for a living and if one of my crew screws something up i wouldn't even want to address the customer until i had seen the issue with my own eyes. he would rather argue with me and say im a problem customer because i have the service bulletins addressed on my car. by the way i had to provide the bulletin #'s because the dealership conveniently couldn't find them anywhere.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:27 AM   #28
RexZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Yeah,
I just have a general mistrust of dealerships in general. It all started when I was young and had a Honda. One of my friends dad owned the local Honda dealership, and he used to tell me about how they would break stuff on one service visit just so you had to come back for more service.
I can't decide whether I'm gonna use the dealer here to service my car or not. I guess for warranty there's no choice, but I need to find a good performance shop that will take the kind of care with my car that the originator of this thread wants. Cause yeah...I'm that picky too....
But hey thanks to the Chevy team that responds on this forum, that's important work!
RexZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote