Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-26-2014, 10:51 PM   #1
AbsoluteMayheM
LongTimeLurker

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Convertible L99
GMconnect - iPhone "play" function

I have a 2011 2ss/RS and one thing that bugged me with the GMconnmect was I could not figure out how to play tunes after I turn my car off.

For me, I connect my GMconnect fire up the tunes on iPhone and drive. But if I stop at the corner store, turn off the car and start my car again, my phone is still connected via GMconnect but I have to press play on my phone to start playing music again.

My wire has a 2012 cruise and the radio controls have a Play/pause button. My 2011 does not.

I discovered by accident, if you use have your GMconnect working and connected to your phone, simply turn the radio off and on, and it will start playing music again!

No more grabbing my phone and pressing play!

I am not sure if this is a repost, but I never saw a post about it before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AbsoluteMayheM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 12:48 AM   #2
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
What is GMConnect ?

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 01:37 AM   #3
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Seems like it doesn't. So I guess your work around might be helpful. Of course wouldn't hitting play be just as easy as turning the radio off and on again?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269879

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 02:28 AM   #4
KidKilowatt

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
With IOS8 you can just say "hey Siri" " resume music" this has to be setup under settings on your phone under Siri. Phone has to be plugged into a power source to use Hey Siri, I believe.
2011 LLT RS Black on Black Loaded. [x]Showstopper 45th Anniversary inspired Camaro RS Stripes, [x] MPD1 Spoiler, [x] GM Heritage Grille. [x] Removed RS and Bowtie Emblems. [x] 30% Tinted Headlight Armour DRL's. [X ] Ruff Racing R954 Wheels [X] Solo Cat Back Mach X-LLT Exhaust [X ] Vmax Ported throttle body [x] Halo SC Reverse Hood Kit [x] Showstopper Painted, Modded Engine Cover [x] Cold Air Inductions CAI [x] Tinted Tails and Black Bezels [x] Megan Racing Street Series Coilovers [x] Belltech F&R Sways
Check out my build thread!
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212178
KidKilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:37 AM   #5
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
The play button on the radio would be nice because I often don't take my phone out of my pocket. So it's a lot easier if I could just hit a button on the radio to resume playing whatever was before.

Such is life though with an antiquated head unit. I put an aftermarket unit in my wifes 2014 wrangler to get hands free and it has a play/pause function, it's really nice.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 09:32 AM   #6
AbsoluteMayheM
LongTimeLurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
Seems like it doesn't. So I guess your work around might be helpful. Of course wouldn't hitting play be just as easy as turning the radio off and on again?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269879
No, that's why I made the post, it's easier to turn the radio on and off. The iphone will resume playing music.

There is no more fumbling with the phone. Usually its in my pocket or maybe its in the elbow rest console compartment charging.

On the 2011 head unit model, there is no "play" button, so (until now) I always had to actually press play on the iphone.

Not anymore!

Old 09-27-2014, 10:30 PM   #7
lawman007
Panama-Gulf War Vet

Drives: '11 SW 1LT/RS 6M
Hello there,

I have a 2011 just like you but I use my Zunes and ipod with the USB connector in the armrest( I have no iphone). I never turned on the Zunes or ipod, they generally turned on once plugged in. I turned on the radio, and the radio used the devices as hard drives basically. So it indexes the songs and then you can search them and then it just starts to play them. I think it is the volume or tune button which starts the song you pick. I think that in cold conditions it won't recognise that there is a device hooked up to the USB. It defaults to the radio. So I am stuck pushing every button under the sky. So in the spring summer fall no problem. But I am without any music. But the time it is working right, I play the radio, search songs on the radio and turn it on and off as I get to my various destinations. When I'm done, then get in turn on the radio then drive get to next destination, power everything down, repeat.

How do I get it to recognise the devices and start playing right away. Was that what that first recall was about? Thanks. Troy Lawson
Old 09-28-2014, 12:42 PM   #8
AbsoluteMayheM
LongTimeLurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman007 View Post
Hello there,

I have a 2011 just like you but I use my Zunes and ipod with the USB connector in the armrest( I have no iphone). I never turned on the Zunes or ipod, they generally turned on once plugged in. I turned on the radio, and the radio used the devices as hard drives basically. So it indexes the songs and then you can search them and then it just starts to play them. I think it is the volume or tune button which starts the song you pick. I think that in cold conditions it won't recognise that there is a device hooked up to the USB. It defaults to the radio. So I am stuck pushing every button under the sky. So in the spring summer fall no problem. But I am without any music. But the time it is working right, I play the radio, search songs on the radio and turn it on and off as I get to my various destinations. When I'm done, then get in turn on the radio then drive get to next destination, power everything down, repeat.

How do I get it to recognise the devices and start playing right away. Was that what that first recall was about? Thanks. Troy Lawson
We are talking APPLES and Oranges here Troy.

Bluetooth via GMconnect and USB

I never use my USB except for charging, and even then I rarely use the one in the elbow box. Normally I use a VERY SMALL low profile USB charger to AVOID the USB connection to my phone to USB. I just keep my USB adapter in my car charger port by my shifter

This is very similar to my adapter but my light is blue.

Old 09-29-2014, 02:20 AM   #9
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
My phone is for calls - not music. I'm looking for a CD cassette player to install in the trunk and tied into the Boston Acoustics "state of the art system" that has NO CD PLAYER or plug in jack for a cassette player.

Buncha commies building cars there days.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:30 PM   #10
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash View Post
My phone is for calls - not music. I'm looking for a CD cassette player to install in the trunk and tied into the Boston Acoustics "state of the art system" that has NO CD PLAYER or plug in jack for a cassette player.

Buncha commies building cars there days.
Please be sarcasm
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote