Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 05-15-2015, 01:22 PM   #533
GM-ACE
Old school tech

Drives: Ruby 1LE - 2024 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricio View Post
Agreed... but what would have made them happy with this release? Obviously they enjoy the current looks because they bought off on them. If the General strays too far, he takes an unneccessary sales risk with low odds they'll impress the 5th gen faithful. If he doesn't go far enough, the threshold for change won't be met to ensure they'll trade in before they are ready.

So tell us, what radical change in looks did you guys want? Point us to some overdone rendering that would never have a chance to actually be mass produced? Did you vet how many people actually like it besides yourselves?

Yes, you are entitled to your opinions, but in my opinion, GM had never really had a chance at getting much positive feedback from 5th gen owners regardless of what they did.
I think it's a mistake to assume that the negative feedback on this new car is mainly from a "5th gen owner/guy" perspective.
I'm a third generation mechanic, I've seen every American car ever made, and I fell in love with Camaro in the 70s and to this day, so I'm a car guy. I will shred any other car maker enthusiast when they want to compare performance, engine, trans, and suspension because I know why Chevrolet does it best.
I'm absolutely sure I'll love the interior and the drive, but man this exterior is disappointing from one major standpoint: It's not setting the new trend, just redoing the old. I think that's where most of the displeasure comes from here.
Ordered: 6/15/23 Accepted: 7/5/23
3000 - 7/5 ---> 3100 - 7/19
3300 - 7/20 --> 3400 - 7/20 -->TPW - 8/7
4300 - 8/14 --->4B00 - 9/5
DELIVERED 9/20!!
Old 05-15-2015, 01:23 PM   #534
BigBlock427
ConceptZer0

Drives: 68 427 Camaro, 11 2SS/RS, 13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I'm not saying he is, just that the sarcasm in his post I quoted was starting to cross that border.
Who are you? I was crossing the boarder.... Man its a car fourm...I didn't know you were the inforcer of 6gen conduct.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:25 PM   #535
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
I like the front and rear lights. Still need to see more pictures to really make an opinion, but no matter what, I will always love the Camaro.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:25 PM   #536
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock427 View Post
Whatever man I don't even care. People are way to sensitive. I'm not trolling. Haven't made a negative comment about the car. I have 4 Chevy's currently in my garage. A 66 stingray, 68 camaro, 2013 ZL1 and I just sold my 11SS.

I have also been on this forum in one form or another since the it was created. Please this isn't the playground. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings in anyway. But I stick to my guns the cars looks are not exciting and not what I personally would like to have scene for this generation. Its my opinion deal with it. Its a car forum. Hence drinking the koolaid. If you all want to sit and say the same thing then just talk aloud and pound the keys with your eyes closed... I personally like conversations with different views on the subject. Sorry.
Hey, calm down a little. I didn't say you were trolling. I said you were walking a fine line, with just the one VERY sarcastic comment about not being able to say you don't like the car. Just in fewer words. Just like this post I quoted is basically bashing anyone that likes the car. So look in the mirror before you try and take the high road.

ps, my feelings aren't hurt. so no need to apologize.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:26 PM   #537
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock427 View Post
Who are you? I was crossing the boarder.... Man its a car fourm...I didn't know you were the inforcer of 6gen conduct.
I just didn't want you to get an infraction, because I read Trans post just a few minutes earlier. Sorry for trying to look after fellow Camaro enthusiasts. Troll on, if that's what you want to start doing.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:27 PM   #538
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Hopefully the 1LE will be even more hardcore than the current one if MRC is available on the SS. Make it a Z/28 lite. Stripped interior, stiffer suspension, upgraded brakes.

If you want a car that is comfortable and trackable, get the SS with MRC.
So, do you foresee a new 1LE having conventional shocks? Or being MR+other stuff? We are supposed to be convinced at this point that MR is the shizzle for track use now, right?
Old 05-15-2015, 01:28 PM   #539
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
I'm really liking the front. The rear is not bad, but I'll have to see more pictures tomorrow. As of now, I think I foresee a 6th gen in my driveway.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Old 05-15-2015, 01:30 PM   #540
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
How bout we talk about something we all love....The sound of the LGX. I also counted just about 14 seconds on that take off to 105. Are we thinking 1/4 and it looked like it was wet?

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
Old 05-15-2015, 01:32 PM   #541
swizz

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS Black
Since the thread is about 19 pages long, I doubt anyone will really read my post. In general I find the styling to be a bit of a let down. I'm sure it will look very nice in person but I was expecting something radically different/new. Obviously all the camouflage over the weeks told us it would be fairly similar.

In general, it looks ok, just more like a mid-cycle refresh look. If anything for me the most important thing at this point is going to be the interior. To me the weakness of this car for years has always been the interior. If they put a lot of R&D into making the interior upscale and not cartoonish then we might be in for a treat. Also I can already tell with the redesign that you won't have a significant blind spot on the side of the car like before since the rear arches have slimmed down significantly.

Overall, I was hoping for more C7 in this car and we didn't get that.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:33 PM   #542
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
Id just like to thank fenwick, number 3, and fbod father for keeping me sane in the last few months as Ive lurked the forum

also chaz for his REDICULOUSLY AWESOME renderings (as well as how quickly he updates them)

but, for everyone angry, annoyed, or upset about GMs soft reveal today...this is a marketing trick, they didnt show off anything we (as the enthusiasts) didnt reasonably know, chaz's renderings have been spot-freaking-on, so youre annoyed that GM put out a slightly higher quality image, on a show youd have never seen before? more importantly, on a show with MILLIONS of people watching, people that might go "hey, that v6 is pretty snazzy" and help us (as team camaro) ahead of the rustangs and fiats

so ya, you got an early peak, at a car youre already excited to see, even if you dont buy it. the exterior was never really a mystery, well all pour over the images that will be either released, or taken by the forum members tomorrow (most likely both)

as for everyone on the "I hate the wing" bandwagon, GM spent how many hours wind tunnel testing this thing? we had an entire post from GM about how much work they put in to the aero on this car I can garuntee there were few stylistic choices made that would sacrifice power. some goes for the "gaping maw" crowd. form > function. were going to get a rompin, stompin peice of equipment that a lot of people are going to try to "coolify" and ruin all the aerodynamics of simply because its "tuner" looking, I grew up in the 90s, Im willing to bet thats a demographic GM is going to push against hard, and Im also willing to bet a lot of us equate wings with speed.

and finally, power numers. Im going to laugh at that 440/450 output, I dont know what the per unit difference on price is for headers vs tri-ys, but those look welded, and GM wouldnt waste the money on a set of pipes that werent going to boost performance at least marginally, base corvette makes what? 455 hp? lets take out "standard" camarovscorvette horsepower diminshment of ~7 hp, leaving us with 448 hp, alright LS3ers, I know you can get that out of tune. lets see if tri-ys can get us 2%? I believe in 2%. theres another 9 hp back, putting us at 457 hp, and if we assume that there was ACTUALLY an x-pipe in at least one model based on the original teaser site, Id give it an extra ~1%, putting us at about 462 hp. tack on the dual mode exhaust for an extra ~5 hp or so, were sitting just south of 470hp. I like them odds.

So yes, its not revolutionary, we knew it wouldnt be, but itll hold its own against the fiats and the rustangs. lets get pumped for some numbers. because when people that arent enthusiasts see "camaro crushes in head2head" well have our day.

/rant

Last edited by Waiting46; 05-15-2015 at 01:47 PM. Reason: grammar is important
Old 05-15-2015, 01:33 PM   #543
AlexM

Drives: Used to be 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Can't believe the reveal was undermined by this CNBC story...

BEE used to have
MyLink with NAV
Black 10 spoke FR41 wheels (ZL1 Replica)
Roto-fab CF CAI / Scoop and Washer Bottle Relocation KIT
Vmax yellow painted ported TB
Solo HF Cats with Kooks 2.5" catback
SLP Replica Spliter, CF Stripes and CF bowties
Hawk ceramic brake pads
OEM Strut Tower Brace - Yellow Plastidip
Range device - AFM Delete
Halo/DRL Harness (Halo/DRL on day and night while driving)
Engine Cover/Air Compressor Delete
Old 05-15-2015, 01:37 PM   #544
swizz

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
Can't believe the reveal was undermined by this CNBC story...
Brian Williams broke the story first. He was there during the design process
Old 05-15-2015, 01:38 PM   #545
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
If you don't like the rear end on this, at least we know in 2 or 3 years we'll be able to replace it with the 6th generation refresh! (if its good lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
How bout we talk about something we all love....The sound of the LGX. I also counted just about 14 seconds on that take off to 105. Are we thinking 1/4 and it looked like it was wet?
Right on! It sounded good! I think with a few tweaks it could be made a bit better (lower) but I still loved the growl. I bet it sounds great on start up and crusing. I will definitely get the dual mode exhaust whether I go V6 or V8.

LGX performance numbers (hoping they offer a performance option with gears). I'm saying 5.2 0 - 60, and 13.5 1/4 mile.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:41 PM   #546
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting46 View Post
Id just like to thank fenwick, number 3, and fbod father for keeping me sane in the last few months as Ive lurked the forum

also chaz for his REDICULOUSLY AWESOME renderings (as well as how quickly he updates them)

but, for everyone angry, annoyed, or upset about GMs soft reveal today...this is a marketing trick, they didnt show off anything we (as the enthusiasts) didnt reasonably know, chaz's renderings have been spot-freaking-on, so youre annoyed that GM put out a slightly higher quality image, on a show youd have never seen before? more importantly, on a show with MILLIONS of people watching, people that might go "hey, that v6 is pretty snazzy" and help us (as team camaro) ahead of the rustangs and fiats

so ya, you got an early peak, at a car youre already excited to see, even if you dont buy it. the exterior was never really a mystery, well all pour over the images that will be either released, or taken by the forum members tomorrow (most likely both)

as for everyone on the "I hate the wing" bandwagon, GM spent how many hours wind tunnel testing this thing? we had an entire post from GM about how much work they put in to the aero on this car I can garuntee there were not few stylistic choices made that they would sacrifice power for. some goes for the "gaping maw" crowd. form > function. were going to get a rompin, stompin peice of equipment that a lot of people are going to try to "coolify" and ruin all the aerodynamics of simply because its "tuner" looking, I grew up in the 90s, Im willing to bet thats a demographic GM is going to push against hard, and Im also willing to bet a lot of us equate rings with speed.

and finally, power numers. Im going to laugh at that 440/450 output, I dont know what the per unit difference on price is for headers vs tri-ys, but those look welded, and GM wouldnt waste the money on a set of pipes that werent going to boost performance at least marginally, base corvette makes what? 455 hp? lets take out "standard" camarovscorvette horsepower diminshment of ~7 hp, leaving us with 448 hp, alright LS3ers, I know you can get a tune out of that. let see if tri-ys can get us 2%? I believe in 2%. theres another 9 hp back, putting us at 457 hp, and if we assume that there was ACTUALLY an x-pipe in at least one model based on the original teaser site, Id give it an extra ~1%, putting us at about 462 hp. tack on the dual mode exhaust for an extra ~5 hp or so, were sitting just south of 470hp. I like them odds.

So yes, its not revolutionary, we knew it wouldnt be, but itll hold its own against the fiats and the rustangs. lets get pumped for some numbers. because when people that arent enthusiasts see "camaro crushes in head2head" well have our day.

/rant
EPIC first post.

Closed Thread