Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-05-2010, 06:09 AM   #1
Impact

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Car and Driver - Mustang vs. Camaro Poll. How did Mustang win by over 230,172 votes?

I just seen the Mustang vs. Camaro poll that Car and Drive did and how does
the Mustang beat the Camaro so bad in voting? I always thought these cars were even in popularity until I started doing research. I never knew that the Mustang let in sales so much during the last almost 50 years. I read articles that during the 90's and 2000's that the Mustang outsold the Camaro and Firebird combined 2-1. Why did people buy the Mustang if it was slower?

I also read that the Mustang had a sales record in 1964 of single cars sold in a year that hasn't been broken yet, how is that possible? The Camaro has outsold the Mustang most of the year and I thought this was the norm, where people just waiting for the 5.0 return? How do you think 2011 is going to be with sales of the two? I understand that the Camaro had been gone since 2002 and people really missed them and when our 2010 rolled around people jumped at the chance to purchase one and the Mustang had been around forever it seemed. With 2011 GT's coming out do you think they will lead in sales against the 2011 Camaro?

Results

Which Fanboy Are You?

Camaro 5% - Votes: 12485
Results

Mustang 94% - Votes: 242657
Results

Neither 1% - Votes: 1696
Results

256909 total votes Back home
Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:19 AM   #2
Gnarlygianni

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS
thats wrong. they messed up the camaro had wayy more votes than that.
Gnarlygianni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:47 AM   #3
Impact

I've been checking the voting almost everyday, the Camaro never had more votes that what is depicted. I remember seeing the voting the other and the Camaro was ahead by a couple thousand, I believe the voting was around 3,000 that day and I was laughing to my friend about it but then I checked it yesterday and the Mustang was ahead of over 100,000 votes and it made me sick. Now over 200 thousand.

I'm not going to call foul though because what is, well is. I've noticed that when something doesn't go the way some of the people on these boards want they call the magazine bias so I'm not going to do that, I just wish the voting was higher is all. It's people voting for what car they enjoy more so it's no big deal. There are so many Mustang Clubs around here I guess it makes sense. I guess most people are idiots though haha.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:49 AM   #4
Unfair
Banned

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
That's because people from this forum cheated on the camaro poll adding a few thousand... then the mustang guys just outright destroyed the poll. twiddle dee and tweedle dum, monkey see monkey do, and all that jazz.

p.s: impact, not everyone buys cars because of speed. the demographic for hardcore drag racers that buy these vehicles is very low compared to everyone else.

Read up on the sales history, everything you said is possible and happend.
and I do believe it will lead in sales again.
Unfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:09 AM   #5
Impact

Yeah I've not been into Camaros that long so I honestly didn't know much about either. I won't lie and I'll admit I used to drive turbo Talon TSI. I was into imports very heavly for a time. My Talon wasn't stock though and had a boost controller with boost running 17 psi, with exaust and few other bolt ons. I was able to run stock Z28 Camaros and GT Mustangs and win and lose some.

I got into Camaros and Muscle cars when I met my friend Travis (1989 IrocZ, 2001 Z28) through my girlfriend's brother and ended up getting my 2010 Camaro V6. I've recently just met his other friends and started hanging out. Allen (1996 Mustang Cobra, 2002 Mustang GT convertible) Jonathan (1994 Z28) Neal (2003 Mustang Cobra) and Randal (1971 Z28 Camaro, I think) and we all became great buddies. The past week I've seriously considered trading in my car and taking a loss and trading it on an 2010 Camaro SS or trading in my 4 Runner for a LS1 Camaro or LS1 Trans-Am because It sucks being beat by these jerks. I go up to Galenburg Tn and about everyone up there drives Corvettes, V8 Stangs and Maros and it sucks being the slowest. People just like to start stuff and rev or ride my ass in my car, jesus.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:35 AM   #6
assasinator
1 n the head,2 n da chest

Drives: 2002 cadillac deville
the mystery of the mustang outselling the camaro throughout history will remain so to the average camaro fan. you guys think a v8 is the only reason to buy a pony car.

the original 1964 1/2 came with an inline 6 cylinder.
2011GT E85, Kooks 1-7/8", 3" offroad X, 2-7/8" overaxles, Roush mufflers, CobraJet intake, SCJ monoblade throttle body, drew 4.5" CAI, Boss302S exhaust valve springs, Baby CobraJet exhaust cams. 3.73 gears, lightweight 300A. 455rwhp @7800/410rwtq SAE 5000lb roller dynojet
assasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #7
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Just like yesterday or the day before the Camaro was ahead by a few thousand...and now its down a couple hundred thousand!!?? What?

I'm an IT guy, and I'd say some other IT smart guy (that happened to be a mustang fan) just ran some program on an endless loops that kept voting for the Mustang.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:30 AM   #8
Unfair
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Just like yesterday or the day before the Camaro was ahead by a few thousand...and now its down a couple hundred thousand!!?? What?

I'm an IT guy, and I'd say some other IT smart guy (that happened to be a mustang fan) just ran some program on an endless loops that kept voting for the Mustang.
Looked like the mustang fellas wanted to make it blatently obvious, to piss off the camaro fellas that cheated in the poll... it was funny to me, one side cheated better is what it comes down to lol
Old 05-05-2010, 10:34 AM   #9
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by assasinator View Post
the mystery of the mustang outselling the camaro throughout history will remain so to the average camaro fan. you guys think a v8 is the only reason to buy a pony car.

the original 1964 1/2 came with an inline 6 cylinder.
Not all of us feel that way! My Camaro is a v6, and I'm proud of it. Win or lose, the car, IMHO, is impressive. As is the 2011 Mustang, both GT and v6. Both cars are good for each other, although the Mustang only needs the Camaro to get horsepower increases, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfair View Post
Looked like the mustang fellas wanted to make it blatently obvious, to piss off the camaro fellas that cheated in the poll... it was funny to me, one side cheated better is what it comes down to lol

It ain't cheating until you get caught!! But that's still funny!!
Old 05-05-2010, 10:35 AM   #10
Dan@showstopper

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
This forum should be renamed Camaro vs. Mustang, lol
Dan@showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:58 AM   #11
bigearl

Drives: 10 Camaro 2lt
If you close your eyes fast enough when you start to see a mustang, and put your fingers in your ears and go "la la la" when people start to talk about them- then they don't really exist.

I'm a Camaro fan, but if you look into it at all you can't help but notice that the Mustang has ALWAYS been more popular except for the last 9 months or so.
bigearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:22 AM   #12
gameovergt
G@M30v3RgT

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT 5.0 DIB
Mustangs have always been more popular. Its mostly from the image of both cars in the public eyes. Mustangs are seen as sporty cars for fun. Camaros have a white trash stigma.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:57 AM   #13
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Even though the Mustang won the poll , we know who the real winner is
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:06 PM   #14
Unfair
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerouSS View Post
Even though the Mustang won the poll , we know who the real winner is
The camaro was down before members from here added a few thousand votes, either side didn't let the poll go naturally so who knows who the winner would have been.

Even if it was the mustang or camaro without any cheating you/them would just say the other side cheated anyway.
So before the poll began you already chose a winner, that makes the poll useless doesn't it?

Blew your mind, I know