Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #15
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
One thing to keep in mind is that if you're doing diff bushings it's a lot easier to drop the subframe. It's a whole lot less work to drop the subframe once to do diff and subframe bushings at the same time than do it twice.

Food for thought!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:48 PM   #16
B-Rex

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
well, i dont have an insane amount of power, and im only concerned about hard acceleration in a straight line at the track, so i wanted to give this mod a try (tires/wheels are also on the to-do list) and see if i was happy with the result.

i am, however, certainly not writing your advice off. i may wait and do it all at once like you suggest

besides i like modding the car, its a good way to spend a day imo
Old 08-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #17
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Modest RWHP drops differential bushes down the list of priority mods. The one set of bushes we all agree should be upgraded to address wheel hop are the sub-frame bushes.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #18
B-Rex

so sub frame will show more gains than diff while im sitting at 405hp/398tq to the wheels, and once i go over 450hp?/45xtq? the diff bushings will show more gain?

keep in mind that the HP numbers will change (i only have a year-ish left in Colorado before i move back to Texas ) and i fully intend on having a high HP car a few years down the road.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:22 PM   #19
JusticePete

There is no doubt about it from our experience with the Camaro. How high do you plan to go?
Old 08-16-2011, 05:29 PM   #20
B-Rex

thank you, it makes it easier to set goals for my mods when i can quantify it like that.

600 rwhp and i would be happy. i plan on a centrifugal s/c set up down the road.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:34 PM   #21
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rex View Post
thank you, it makes it easier to set goals for my mods when i can quantify it like that.

600 rwhp and i would be happy. i plan on a centrifugal s/c set up down the road.
EP1201HD sub-frame bushes are for you.

Regardless of RWHP these bushes will keep your IRS stable. If you do happen to have an off road incident or crater like pot hole impact, there is just a hair of compliance to protect the sub-frame.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:45 PM   #22
B-Rex

Im glad i waited to buy the diff bushings then, i almost bought them last night haha.

there's a good chance youll be hearing from me pretty soon
Old 08-16-2011, 06:41 PM   #23
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rex View Post
Im glad i waited to buy the diff bushings then, i almost bought them last night haha.

there's a good chance youll be hearing from me pretty soon
You are a man with a plan and I'll be here on C5 when you are ready.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:08 AM   #24
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The trailing arms mount to the sub-frame. The sub-frame mounts to the monocoque. The sub=frame bushes hold the entire IRS. In terms of function, they are the foundation. You start with the foundation and build your 'house' on it.
What about the road noise :(?
Old 08-17-2011, 07:05 AM   #25
B-Rex

turn up the radio

ill sacrifice a little comfort for performance, i didnt buy a cadillac for a reason
Old 08-17-2011, 07:51 AM   #26
Synner

Drives: cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
The cradle bushes added zero noise. The differential bushings typically will add some.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:16 AM   #27
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
The cradle bushes added zero noise. The differential bushings typically will add some.
I meant the sub frame ones!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:42 AM   #28
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
The harder or more dense the material the more efficiently it will conduct road noise. That is a law of physics that doesn't change. The question is how much noise?

In a bone stock car with OE tires you will hear tire song more clearly in the cabin. I know we lose sales over saying this, but it is true regardless of what other companies may say. Now if you have done power mods to your engine, if you have a cat back or headers or full exhaust, you probably will not hear it.

If you are bone stock and incur this additional cabin noise most owners would not care let alone complain. On the other hand, if you really enjoy how quiet your 5th Gen cabin is the increase in noise may be more than you want.

Hopefully I have expressed in print what we hear in the car and from our clients.

Or you could just turn up the radio one notch