Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 02-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
MFIC

Drives: Black 2ss/rs
Connections with a body shop?

Whats up everyone. So I got rear-ended a couple weeks ago and my insurance is giving me about $1500. Now I really want the cash so I can upgrade to a ZL1 front fascia but my insurance company will not write the check in my name. They will mail the payment to the shop. I've been fussing with them for like 3 weeks now and it's really starting to bug me. Do any of you have a connection with a body shop that would basically cash the check for me? I'm willing to pay the shop some money so I can get the damn check.
MFIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
You can always take it into a shop. Speak with them on your wants and probably just pay the difference in parts cost between an ss fascia and a zl1 fascia.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2018 ZL1
PM Sent

Rob
AirManFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #4
MFIC

Drives: Black 2ss/rs
Thanks for the replies fellas. I'm sorry, I wasn't clear in my post. The insurance company is giving me $1500 to replace the stock front fascia, the rear lower diffuser, and money to re-spray the rear bumper. I would like to purchase the ZL1 kit from Gary's (a member on here who sells the full ZL1 kit) using ALL of the insurance money so I don't have to pay anything out of pocket. I'm willing to fix the rear bumper with my own funds later down the road, which is why I would like the cash from the insurance. I understand that this is "fraud" but I think it's bullshit that my insurance won't let me use the money however I please since it is not a HUGE repair.
MFIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #5
maxgee

Drives: 2002 Corvette C5Z
What's the name of the insurance company? The other party at fault have insurance?
maxgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #6
Codeman1407
TEAM LLT!

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT
Try sending a PM to GTAHVIT, i believe his situation was similar, he got backed into, and replaced his fascia with the ZL1 stuff using insurance. Worth a shot.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #7
DR TOOLS

Drives: 2012 2ss 45th Anniversary
Do you have a loan on the vehicle? If you do that's why they are writing the check to the body shop. To ensure the vehicle is repaired.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #8
redxed36
Rob

Drives: 1986 Camaro in build process
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFIC View Post
Thanks for the replies fellas. I'm sorry, I wasn't clear in my post. The insurance company is giving me $1500 to replace the stock front fascia, the rear lower diffuser, and money to re-spray the rear bumper. I would like to purchase the ZL1 kit from Gary's (a member on here who sells the full ZL1 kit) using ALL of the insurance money so I don't have to pay anything out of pocket. I'm willing to fix the rear bumper with my own funds later down the road, which is why I would like the cash from the insurance. I understand that this is "fraud" but I think it's bullshit that my insurance won't let me use the money however I please since it is not a HUGE repair.
Did you find a shop to help you out yet?
redxed36 is offline   Reply With Quote