Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 07-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #1
DolionGrey

Drives: Camaro
Exclamation Tuners for SS Camaros

Okay so I've done a few cosmetic upgrades but now i'm ready to do some performance upgrades. What type of tuner should I use for maximum hp gains? I heard diablosport is good ;but it's pricey. I've also been told hypertech is good for the money. Any input would be greatly appreciated! I also want to get rid of the speed limiter and pretty much all of them do that correct?
DolionGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:34 PM   #2
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
maximum gains? find yourself a reputable local LS tuner and get it on the dyno. don't bother with the handhelds. if you're looking to learn to tune yourself, my friends recommended HP Tuners to me, and i've heard great things about the forum community they have for them.

if you're just starting on performance mods, hold off on the tune until you've at least got intake and headers done. you'll have to retune afterwards anyway, so might as well save the money.

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:12 AM   #3
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Where in CA are you?
Old 07-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #4
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
In the bay area check out TPS motorsports. They tune cars as well as so repair work on them. Great company and fantastic group of people. To give you an idea on their work check out their site http://www.tpsmotorsports.com/ . They are located in campell close to San jose

My car shoudl have a video up today. They currently have pictures of the work listed on their site.

If you plan on doing it yourself and if you have no experience diablo sport may be a better choice. HP tunes is fantastic software but it allows you to change just about anything and if you do not know what you are doing you can really mess up your car. Diablo sport limits your interaction and allows you a way to safey get back to stock.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
Team STILLEN

Drives: Varies
Quote:
Originally Posted by DolionGrey View Post
Okay so I've done a few cosmetic upgrades but now i'm ready to do some performance upgrades. What type of tuner should I use for maximum hp gains? I heard diablosport is good ;but it's pricey. I've also been told hypertech is good for the money. Any input would be greatly appreciated! I also want to get rid of the speed limiter and pretty much all of them do that correct?
Where in California are you? We are located in Orange County.

What have you done to your vehicle so far? As for the Tune, we use HP Tuners for our Camaros.

PM or Call me directly if you have any questions.

Thanks

JT
Team STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro tuner, diablosport, horsepower upgrades, hypertech