Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-06-2009, 08:33 AM   #71
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
If both dyno's were set up identically, I'd have to say nothing but, "HOLY SNIKEYS!"

However, we have two different pulls on two different dyno's. How the dyno's are set up and the dyno alone will jack with numbers. You can get a basic idea, but you can't really say that part "x" gives you "y hp" gain.

If we could get a second dyno run on the same dyno, then we'd be in business. for now, I agree that the Vararam is going to kick ass. Never had doubts anyway...just anxious to get one to see for myself.
So you now the seconded dyno is a Mustang dynamometer and the first is the Superflow at K&N, The reason you can not do back to back is on t E38 ECM need time to learn You need to drive some 35-50 Mi between changing intakes and 1/2 that is done in city driving. One Day if some one will let me have a dyno for all day i will try that.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:36 AM   #72
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
So what you're saying is with a fan (or real driving conditions), we can expect over 40 rwhp?
It depends on your car put i think 30-40 is right.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:45 AM   #73
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
It depends on your car put i think 30-40 is right.
You're going to have to expect people to be critical of that kind of claim from just an intake, but if it's true, I'm glad I'm in the front of that pre-order line

Can't wait for Vararam's official unveiling...

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:28 PM   #74
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
You're going to have to expect people to be critical of that kind of claim from just an intake, but if it's true, I'm glad I'm in the front of that pre-order line

Can't wait for Vararam's official unveiling...
You are right the fact is this car came to life after the intake The TQ goes up from the time we punch it, It went up to 345 lb and up to 360+ all the way till we shot it down at 5850 rpms as the dyno can not take a lot more mph.
At 5844 RPM this car did 144.0 MPH .
Old 09-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #75
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
144 in 4th gear not bad. I think I can't wait to get one.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #76
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Scott that is all we can do as the dyno was only Abel to go to 160 Mph and at 145 the operator was scared to go to the end of the pulls in 4rth.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:12 AM   #77
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
There's no way you get 40 HP with just an intake PERIOD. You can't do a baseline almost 2 months ago on a SuperFlow dyno then do the Vararam intake dyno now with
a Mustang dyno. They aren't even the same type of dyno. A Mustang dyno will always get drastically different numbers than SuperFlow and Dynajet dynos, there's no comparison. Besides that, you've put how many more miles on your car in almost 2 months? These cars build more horsepower as the engine and drivetrain break-in, all the way up to 10,000 miles.
Do the test on the same day, same conditions, same dyno, and then let's talk!!!
Old 09-07-2009, 08:04 AM   #78
2SSRS@Gen5diy

The only way you can do the test is 4 hr apart as the ECM on this car needs to learn, You need to drive it some 50+ MI for it to learn.

Put i will tell you what in 1-2 weeks i will pull of the Vararam and put my stock air box on and go back to L.V. and redo the Dyno for us.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:37 AM   #79
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Drives: 4th Gen
Either way, for this and the NE OTR intake your not gonna see its full potential on the dyno. Ideally, you'd want to go to the track around 7pm make 2 runs with the stock intake (hot off the street), switch the intakes out, get permission to leave the track and come back at 8 or 8:30pm (driving around the whole time to allow ECM to adjust), put 1-2 gall of gas back in it (to correct for weight) and re-run with Vararam intake using the same launch technique. To me that would be the most true test of its performance. Who cares how much it makes on a dyno, what really matters is how it "performs" on the street/strip. Between 7pm and 8pm there should be a minimal change in temperature/DA, so to me, this would be the absolute "best" comparison test...Just my $0.02
Old 09-07-2009, 11:09 AM   #80
Jferrell88

Drives: black 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmd View Post
Either way, for this and the NE OTR intake your not gonna see its full potential on the dyno. Ideally, you'd want to go to the track around 7pm make 2 runs with the stock intake (hot off the street), switch the intakes out, get permission to leave the track and come back at 8 or 8:30pm (driving around the whole time to allow ECM to adjust), put 1-2 gall of gas back in it (to correct for weight) and re-run with Vararam intake using the same launch technique. To me that would be the most true test of its performance. Who cares how much it makes on a dyno, what really matters is how it "performs" on the street/strip. Between 7pm and 8pm there should be a minimal change in temperature/DA, so to me, this would be the absolute "best" comparison test...Just my $0.02
agreed although i still think this intake will match other systems dyno gains, and seriously one up them on the street or the track as it is a ram air piece best intake so far IMO, can't wait to see some track #'s on one of these. thanks for the info 2ssrs
Old 09-07-2009, 11:20 AM   #81
2SSRS@Gen5diy

We have to see what Vararam will say.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #82
2L8IWON

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS SIM
Sounds like you could simply do a dyno with either the stock box or Vararam box. Swap the air boxes out. Cruise up and down the highway for 2 hours then get the other dyno done. That's not asking for so much is it? Or we just shop around, make a valid choice, and move forward. Sheesh Some of us are already sold on Vararam because of past products and thorough testing. If one thinks they can do better with a different brand, do it.
I personally think the beta testers have gone out of their way far enough already and it's much appreciated! We all know what the manual SS's are dynoing stock all across the country... mid-360's HP. It's common sense to me that if this one dynoed at 380HP, he's gaining 15-20HP with the Vararam. Let's be real here! And that's a huge gain for an intake and it will only be better while driving through real air, especially through the winter time and also even better with after-market exhaust and a tune.
Everyone runs their intakes with or without after-market parts so there is way too many variables here to debate. Temperatures, mileage, parts, etc. Catch my drift. Enough scientific logic here. Buy it and enjoy it or buy another and enjoy it. This will be the best intake in my opinion hands down! Again, just IMHO
Old 09-07-2009, 03:07 PM   #83
2SSRS@Gen5diy

I thing i don't have 93 octane gas out hear in AZ or NV, And lets see what guys that are out on this side get, And like i said we did not go to 6000 rpm's as i was going 144.0 mph in 4th gear.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:59 PM   #84
sales@vararam.com

Drives: 2010 camaro
Vararam Update!!!!

The VR Camaro system has completed its test cycles and all Beta test units have been shipped.
Two VRX Beta systems have already accumulated over 1,000miles of testing "each" in just 1 weeks time ,with No issues and No custom tuning.

We are now moving the Camaro unit to full production tooling.

We have decided to make the production models from "Rotary tooling". This will allow for a more seamless design ,with many features incorporated in that were not present in the test units allowing for a quick and easy installation (8-10 min!) with no cutting or drilling on the car.

Quality- The quality will be OEM as promised. ,This type of tooling allows for the type of quality you expect from an OEM

The Look and Feel- Here improvements have also been made as this type of tooling allows for more architectural freedom,allowing for a smoother more attractive part

We feel this will give customers one of the finest products they can buy for the new 2010 Camaro
We promised the Camaro owners something very special and we will be delivering just that.

We have been quoted 3-4weeks for the new tooling and we are already underway.

We appreciate the Patience that Customers have shown as we have been testing the new system. It is important for us to always run long term test mileage on new systems, Datalog and run Wideband air/fuel tests as well.This takes time and we know that everyone wants their new "TOY"now. In the end VR has created the most powerful Ram air system we have ever created for a Road car of any kind.

The "NO Tune" models will absolutly shock with there dyno numbers and there real world performance gains- This unit represents a new way of designing our induction systems around GM's E38 computer system.This is where we spent most of our R&D time and it shows!
( We easily reached 3 tenths and 3 MPH 1/4 mile gains and 1/2 second off 0-60mph)
This unit will also cary a gurrantee on it's power gain!

The "Tune Only" models - These are tools for enthusiasts and Tuners alike to use to set records and win races with Period!

The exact specs for each unit ,video footage of some of the R&D and Dyno information will be leaked soon and we are sure that the VRX test units will find there way on to dyno's as well.
sales@vararam.com is offline   Reply With Quote