Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-20-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
Evilkosh99

Drives: 2010 Black SS/RS
Question Is anyone else having problems changing their order?

I am trying to change a couple of the things on my order with my dealer, but when he tries to save it, it says "personal data cannot be changed" and we are unable to save the updated order.

I guess I could cancel/rebuild my order, but I am wary of doing this as I placed the order on 10/13 first at my dealer and don't want to move back in line or lose my place overall in the ordering.

Has anyone else been able to change their order? Any ideas on the potential impact of cancelling/reordering?

Thanks in advance
Evilkosh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:42 PM   #2
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
I would like to know this as well, as I was interested in getting the polished RS wheel option, but do not want to lose my order or place in line....and will not let my order be cancelled for something that small....so if anyone has done this, please post up!
Old 10-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #3
jimbo57

Drives: 2010 SS, '06 EQUINOX, 72 MONTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilkosh99 View Post
I am trying to change a couple of the things on my order with my dealer, but when he tries to save it, it says "personal data cannot be changed" and we are unable to save the updated order.

I guess I could cancel/rebuild my order, but I am wary of doing this as I placed the order on 10/13 first at my dealer and don't want to move back in line or lose my place overall in the ordering.

Has anyone else been able to change their order? Any ideas on the potential impact of cancelling/reordering?

Thanks in advance
your order can be changed. i'm sure your dealer wants to discourage you from doing so. they as a whole were not prepared for this overwhelming response. submitting changes or trying to re-order a whole new vehicle will more than likely end up in further delays, and possible disappointment for you.but if your mind is made up, speak to the sales manager or general manager--the big cheese.
jimbo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:56 PM   #4
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo57 View Post
your order can be changed. i'm sure your dealer wants to discourage you from doing so. they as a whole were not prepared for this overwhelming response. submitting changes or trying to re-order a whole new vehicle will more than likely end up in further delays, and possible disappointment for you.but if your mind is made up, speak to the sales manager or general manager--the big cheese.
Thinking I may just accept my RS w/ the silver wheels, instead of taking a chance on losing my order or place in line...or until I hear how more people go about making changes in the next month...
Old 10-21-2008, 01:31 PM   #5
Evilkosh99

I'm working with the sales manager - it is displaying an error in the system. Is anyone else having this problem??? Has anyone else successfully changed their order???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo57 View Post
Old 10-21-2008, 01:38 PM   #6
Bo

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
I'm working with the sales manager - it is displaying an error in the system. Is anyone else having this problem??? Has anyone else successfully changed their order???
I think it may depend on what you are trying to change. I do not believe they can change personal data relating to the order, but they do have the ability to change the vehicle configuation. I took someone else's place that had previously expressed interest...... and changed the color and eliminated the auto. However, the order still has the other name attached to it.... and I was told that the personal data could not be changed??

HTH,

--Bo
Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:48 PM   #7
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
When you order is the price on the form or just the rpo codes ? my dealer says the put the order in and says he'll give it to me for msrp. but there is not a price on the form ?
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:52 PM   #8
Evilkosh99

Just the RPO codes.

Bo - were they able to give you a print out with your saved configuration and the other person's contact information? I'd be a bit uneasy about having their info. on my order though
Old 10-21-2008, 02:05 PM   #9
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

I am going down tomorrow evening to see if I can get the polished wheel option added to my current order (2SS/RS)....that should mean all I would have to do is add option Q9J to the order, correct?
Old 10-21-2008, 02:11 PM   #10
13F20

Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
I have told my dealer about the polished wheels with the RS package and he is telling me that GM has not updated his info, but he will inform me when he gets the info. What do you think?
13F20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:19 PM   #11
Bo

Quote:
Just the RPO codes.

Bo - were they able to give you a print out with your saved configuration and the other person's contact information? I'd be a bit uneasy about having their info. on my order though
Yes, they did print out the updated order with the confirmation number. The dealer (whom I have never dealt with before) seems to be shooting straight.... so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, as they have my deposit attached to this order. I guess if I get burned in the end.. lesson learned. They did try to update the order with my personal info, but were unable to change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 HRSS View Post
I am going down tomorrow evening to see if I can get the polished wheel option added to my current order (2SS/RS)....that should mean all I would have to do is add option Q9J to the order, correct?
I tried to add Q9J to my order yesterday, and the system would not allow them to change the order yet. Someone please let us know when they are able to make the wheel change.....

--Bo
Old 10-21-2008, 02:20 PM   #12
s.norman

Drives: not worth it
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Hugger View Post
When you order is the price on the form or just the rpo codes ? my dealer says the put the order in and says he'll give it to me for msrp. but there is not a price on the form ?
i don't have an exact price but the manager put in writing that i have agreed to pay msrp which is what they will charge..so i'm cool w/ it
s.norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:24 PM   #13
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
Yes, they did print out the updated order with the confirmation number. The dealer (whom I have never dealt with before) seems to be shooting straight.... so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, as they have my deposit attached to this order. I guess if I get burned in the end.. lesson learned. They did try to update the order with my personal info, but were unable to change it.

I tried to add Q9J to my order yesterday, and the system would not allow them to change the order yet. Someone please let us know when they are able to make the wheel change.....

--Bo

Why didn't your dealer just cancel the original order from the other guy and place a new one with your correct personal information?
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:37 PM   #14
Bo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Why didn't your dealer just cancel the original order from the other guy and place a new one with your correct personal information?
Looking back, that is a good question.

However, I'm not really worried about it in the grand scheme of things. I know the window sticker will have someone else's name on it... Not a deal breaker for me. It won't be the first time!

The title will have my name on it, and I'll be behind the wheel..... so all will be good in the end! <fingers crossed>

--Bo