Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
Hendu

Drives: 2SS 45th Anniv LS3
2012 Color Options

For starters, I am a short term lurker and...hopefully...soon to be owner. I guess that means...Hello!
I currently drive an '05 mustang and am ready for a new car. After a few months of looking at what I'd want, I have come to my decision on a Camaro.

I was going to order a 2011, but fell into a great deal in ordering a 2012 2LT/RS since ordering closed while I was working with the salesman (I am a bit stubborn). The dealer was hoping to get the order in this week, however, they ran into a snag with the color options. Part of the reason I am ordering is that there are very few camaros in IBM that are available. The handful of 2011's in the 5 state area that I found were not to my liking.

They have indicated that the IBM option is still on hold when they try to order. They will keep checking as they do have my allotment set for me but they can not order until the IBM is available. My next followup will be Tuesday.

My question is this: Has anyone heard how long are they expecting this to be the case? I thought I saw that the factory is back up and running. I am not entirely concerned about it yet as it is pretty early still and they will not be begining production yet. I think it is just a peace of mind thing for me to know it's going to be ordered soon.

Thanks!
Hendu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:55 PM   #2
barb7218

Drives: 2011 Camero
Have you received your camero yet? I know mine in Florida was back ordered and finally shipped
barb7218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #3
Hendu

Drives: 2SS 45th Anniv LS3
I ended up going with a 45th anniversary instead of the IBM. I know I was going to stick to my guns on that, but I started drooling over the carbon flash and now I am completely in love with it. I just hate how the dust shows, but I guess that means my car gets to by shiney more often
Hendu is offline   Reply With Quote