Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-05-2012, 01:13 AM   #43
Rockies4

Drives: PT Cruiser 02
How about making the explorer your second car?

I have my 2010 2SS/RS, 1967 Camaro SS/RS, and my daily driver is my PT.

My bike fits great into the PT and I cruise on the weekends in one of the two Camaros.

Come try the weather in California. It was 75 to 80 degrees depending where you drove today.

Rockies4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:18 AM   #44
PitchBlack
(with a little chrome)

Drives: The Black Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfusion View Post
Maybe you can use some of that money you will be saving to go to a doctor
and get your damn neck fixed, your picture drives me nuts lady.

[COLOR=seagreen]Mods Installed:
Backup sensors
American Racing Rogue Wheels
AAC LED Interior Light Kit

Ordered:
BlingLights Fog Light Kit
AAC Footwell Ambient Lighting Kit
Complete Lamp Protection Kit
(Smoked Finish)
PitchBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:34 AM   #45
BaldCamaroStud
Camaro Owner & Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
I can definitely understand the situation you're in. My wife and I are medicaid foster parents, and we have a kid in a wheelchair, which we have a full size van for with a lift. It will also double as the "family car" if/when we ever have kids of our own. It's pretty old and has over 190,000 miles on it so it's mostly an in town driver (although it held up very well on a 1250 mile round trip to Alabama during Thanksgiving week to my mom and step dad's place).

So, we have a Malibu (she uses for work mostly) and I have the Camaro. If we still lived in Massachusetts (where we're originally from), the car situation would very different. Good luck in any case.
BaldCamaroStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:05 AM   #46
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysSS View Post
I had to make a decision (you guys are like THANK GOODNESS) and I have gone through it in my head a million times. I've thought about this for 2 weeks. Everyone knows how much I loved my Camaro, BUT considering the fact that the weather is hell on these cars as a daily driver (not looking forward to ice and snow) and that I can't throw my bike in and go ride, I've decided to go with the Explorer. It is with a VERY heavy heart. I loved it so much but this will be more PRACTICAL:( I hate praticality. I'll have another someday, or maybe even the new Vette that is coming next year! I'll still be lurking on here though living
vicariously through my good ol' Camaro5 friends! What's cool about you guys and girls is that you "get it." Thanks for all the great info and if anyone in OKC is looking for a new 2012 2SS/RS black on black, it's sitting at Bob Howard in Edmond. I'd rather one of you have it then someone that won't love it.
I bought a 2001 Buick for the snow. I got it in 2009 when my SS came in. Prior to that, I drove all of my Camaros through the snow and it sucked. Why don't you keep your Camaro and buy an older SUV for practicality?
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:54 AM   #47
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Gotta do what's best. But, why didn't you buy a "beater" for winter? Possibly do a layover on the Camaro's insurance. Maybe no room or place to store.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:19 AM   #48
nycoupe11

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs Summit White
Oh wow that's horrible to see .. Hate seeing one of the people whOs posts I actually read have to go .. And I'm in the same boat with the weather. I tried driving mine in 2 inches and almost crashed 30 times. Took 3 hours to go on an hour triP
2011 2ss/RS Summit White / Grey and Black Interior. TSP VVT-2 Cam, ARH heads and Exhaust, CAI, Ported Throttle Body, Plasti Dipped tailight bezels and rims. AAC interior lighting. Tuned by East Coast Supercharging.
nycoupe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:22 AM   #49
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
This is why i am happy to also own a new traverse. Lets me enjoy this and have a better option for kids, trips and hauling stuff around in. Bummer. Hope you like the explorer.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #50
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycoupe11 View Post
Oh wow that's horrible to see .. Hate seeing one of the people whOs posts I actually read have to go .. And I'm in the same boat with the weather. I tried driving mine in 2 inches and almost crashed 30 times. Took 3 hours to go on an hour triP
Do you have proper snow tires and rims?
or are you running on the performance summer only tires that come with the RS package?

I am fortunate enough to be able to store my vert for the winter and I am driving one of our older vehicles for the winter.
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:48 AM   #51
nycoupe11

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by '11 cyber grey vert View Post
Do you have proper snow tires and rims?
or are you running on the performance summer only tires that come with the RS package?

I am fortunate enough to be able to store my vert for the winter and I am driving one of our older vehicles for the winter.
No i dont have snow tires as i just pulled the trigger on a Cam and bolt on and pace car package =[ ...ill just have to make due..2 months left luckily no more snow yet
2011 2ss/RS Summit White / Grey and Black Interior. TSP VVT-2 Cam, ARH heads and Exhaust, CAI, Ported Throttle Body, Plasti Dipped tailight bezels and rims. AAC interior lighting. Tuned by East Coast Supercharging.
nycoupe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #52
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycoupe11 View Post
No i dont have snow tires as i just pulled the trigger on a Cam and bolt on and pace car package =[ ...ill just have to make due..2 months left luckily no more snow yet
The PZeros tires that come with the RS package are summer only performance tires...that is part of your problem with driving the camaro in the snow.
There are lots of people on this forum that drive their camaros in the snow but have snow tires and have no issues other than clearance under the car on bad days.
If you plan on driving your camaro year round, IMO you should invest in separate snow tires and rims, if not for this winter at least for next winter
so that you don't end up crashing your nice ride.
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #53
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Sorry to hear it. Sounds like you made a good decision regardless though.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:09 PM   #54
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
Don't sell it, these Camaros handle just fine in the snow.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote