Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #449
TB4

Drives: Looking
ZRL1....Mustangs toast in a straight line.

GM needs to slap in the LS9 now and offer it in both auto,manual versions!!!!
TB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #450
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post
I sure hope that the pot gets stirred before it gets to the table, other wise you just make a mess stirring it at the table.
This table has been a mess for a while... but in between all the bs there are some nuggets of good info passed along.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #451
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-little-perspective View Post
Seriously, I get that you hate Mustang and drag racing but a GT500 is equally capable on mountain roads just like a ZL1. To think otherwise is ignorant.

Public mountain roads are not road courses. Who in their right mind is going to drive on a mountain road like they drive on a road course?

The handling capabilities of the ZL1, how ever superior they may be, will be proven on a closed circuit course by a professional driver.
looks like someone hasn't heard of US 129 aka the tail of the dragon. google kill boy. I'm sure you'll find some miata's going sideways, some bikes fully leaned over going all out. to tell me that some people won't push these cars on a public road is naive. I'm not saying it's right to illegally do this. all I'm saying is people will do this, and people have done this. I've been passed on the tail and us 421, the snake, while I was above the speed limit. I won't say how much above because the speed limit is only 35 mph. it's hard not to be most of the time. but hey what do I know. I haven't hung around those roads at all.

also which would you rather take up there? a car that makes you look like a god or a car that is a handful?

both cars are what i expected. the ZL1 being an every mans handling car, and the snake being a handful but capable.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #452
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcfwu View Post
I wonder when will they (GM and Ford) produce 1000hps stock ponies at this bargain price, .
probably not going to happen. cafe standards be da**ed. but it would be awesome as an enthusiast.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:40 PM   #453
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
looks like someone hasn't heard of US 129 aka the tail of the dragon. google kill boy. I'm sure you'll find some miata's going sideways, some bikes fully leaned over going all out. to tell me that some people won't push these cars on a public road is naive. I'm not saying it's right to illegally do this. all I'm saying is people will do this, and people have done this. I've been passed on the tail and us 421, the snake, while I was above the speed limit. I won't say how much above because the speed limit is only 35 mph. it's hard not to be most of the time. but hey what do I know. I haven't hung around those roads at all.

also which would you rather take up there? a car that makes you look like a god or a car that is a handful?

both cars are what i expected. the ZL1 being an every mans handling car, and the snake being a handful but capable.
I wouldn't have said that if I was you.... You could be accused of pot stirring.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #454
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
I wouldn't have said that if I was you.... You could be accused of pot stirring.
so be it. I've been called a troll in the vert section before. won't hurt my feelings.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #455
r69rogue

Drives: 3 black ss camaro 2000-2002
Send a message via AIM to r69rogue
so with the stang .7 sec faster and the camaro heaver then the stang and 70hp less then the stang thats all the differance? in times
r69rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #456
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcfwu View Post
That's right... totally forgot about that.

On the other hand. I would love to see Motortrend asking Randy Pobst to drive these two beasts at Leguna Seca on the same day (hopefully same condition).

I wonder when will they (GM and Ford) produce 1000hps stock ponies at this bargain price, .
someone wrote that the head2head matchup from motortrend @ at laguna seca is coming June 27.

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #457
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
He brings meaningful dialogue, you never do.

Last edited by mlee; 06-14-2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: not needed
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #458
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by r69rogue View Post
so with the stang .7 sec faster and the camaro heaver then the stang and 70hp less then the stang thats all the differance? in times

Another person who clearly knows little of what they're talking about.

There is a HUGE difference between .7 seconds in cars that are running 11's and 12s compared to the same elapsed time in cars running 13's and 14s.
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #459
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Just as expected.

That GT500 is a HELL of a fast car. Although I'd still have the Camaro- picking up power is alot easier than fixing handling issues.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #460
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
BUT when it is 2 different drivers on the same road getting the same result would't you even give a little validity that what he said is true? If you read the artical you would see they swapped drivers after the first run with the same result. So are you saying they both did't do their best driving the Shelby?

Sorry I may be accused of stirring the pot again...
As far as I'm concerned the ZL1 out drives the GT500, period. But IMHO the future collector of the two is the GT500. Last of a breed. Passion will always outlast tech.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #461
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
He brings meaningful dialogue, you never do.
And I will continue to do so until I get banned.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #462
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
As far as I'm concerned the ZL1 out drives the GT500, period. But IMHO the future collector of the two is the GT500. Last of a breed. Passion will always outlast tech.
History will certainly back that up, even among like models...

Tags
inside line article, video, zl1 vs 2013 gt500, zl1 vs gt500