Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: How do you park?
I pull in forwards! No fear here! 57 18.57%
I back up almost all the time! It's the only way! 105 34.20%
It depends on the parking lot and the cars around me! 145 47.23%
Voters: 307. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2013, 10:25 AM   #43
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65TIMM View Post
Exactly
[QUOTE=batman53201;6831714]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post

you dont have cross traffic when backing in, like you do backing out. you dont have to agree, but facts are facts, it makes no difference if you are talking fleet, or your own vehicle. the fleets do it for safety, i would think private owners can benifit doing the same.

Im a Driving Safety Instuctor, and teach this same thing where I work.
Oh my God! I'm sitting in a starbucks and the people coming in are walking backwards! 3 fell down, 1 broke a hip and another knocked over a display! Thank God we are such a safe country.
Ha! I see your point. Im just funnin you guys. But backing a car into a parking space seems a bit much to me.

[QUOTE=upflying;6831815]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
Hmm, you've never been to a fire station apparently.
Backing a police car is all about officer safety.
So, when I pull someone over, I need to back up to them?
And I was a volunteer firefighter for 2 years. Sure, we backed the equipment in the bay....but nowhere else because its not feasable.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!

Last edited by Avenging Orange; 07-29-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #44
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Never back in....never saw the benefit to that. I do park far away unless I can get a prime end spot or something up close.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #45
sanjosebmx

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
I usually won't back in (sometimes) but if I have a chance to pull through so I'm facing out, I do that. Since I usually park far away from the store / other cars..that's what I usually do.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:24 AM   #46
ConqSoft

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVTI View Post
back in and far away from other cars
I'm with you.
Attached Images

ConqSoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:36 AM   #47
McRat

Drives: 2010 ZR1 "Satan"
Note, some colleges have No Back In policies, especially if it's a Front Plate Optional state.

That being said, it's harder to tow your car if you back in. Not impossible, just harder.

If a car is burglarized or hotwired, it is far more conspicuous if the nose is outward.
2010 ZR1 "Satan" no times yet.
2013 Volt SCCA Solo2 #771 HS3.
And a bunch of Duramaxes.
McRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:43 AM   #48
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
back in.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:51 AM   #49
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeb View Post
Its not that I can't park a car. I can park a CAR. But I have never parked one with such a long nose! I don't want to scrape the side of the car beside me with my front end! I am sure I will get used to it, BUT I am just taking precautions.
Don't feel bad, I've been driving a long time and a variety of vehicles in that time. Parking the Camaro can be a bit of a PITA due to its low visibility profile. Practice over time will get your confidence up. I always check the lines after I've parked to know what I did right/wrong for next time. Rinse, repeat. I was sloppy the first few times, now just about every time I'm near dead center of the spot. [6400 miles into ownership]
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:38 AM   #50
Da2ss

Drives: Blueray metallic 2ss
Install curb alert and you can go either way
Da2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:41 AM   #51
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
I pull in forward, of course it is WAY out as far as I can and by myself...

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:43 AM   #52
Da2ss

Drives: Blueray metallic 2ss
Install curb alert and you can go either way
Da2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:50 AM   #53
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
I always back in. Makes it easier to pull out of the spot when you can look and see any cross traffic without having to contort around.
Plus as a bonus, when I was in to hyper-miling my Geo, it was worth an extra couple of MPG because you're not slowly working your way out.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:10 PM   #54
Dwarfey

Drives: 2011 1LT A/T Black w/ Red Stripes
I usually pull in forward, I try to get my ass-end even with the end of the paint. Usually you'll end up about 1.5 ft away from the "splitter destroyer".
-MRT v2.0 Exhaust -Painted Red Racing Stripes -Volant Cold Air Intake -Painted Red Interior Accents -Anzo Projector Headlights w/ Oracle White/Red Halos -Black Bowties -Rockford Fosgate 10" Sub w/ 1000W Kenwood Amp
-ZL1 Spoiler - Gloss Black Powder-coated 20" SS Wheels
Dwarfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:31 PM   #55
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
I back in with the passenger's side tight to a curb (or other protective object), whenever possible.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:46 PM   #56
satxrider
Bad 45th

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversay Edition SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarfree135 View Post
Don't listen to everyone backing in is a current fad, yes it allows you to leave faster in an emergency but if you're in a metropolitan area like a parking lot it would be faster to just run away due to the traffic jam that would be created in the event of a life threatening emergency lol I have to do it for my job in the natural gas field which is understandable due to potential risks. On another note I've owned an 85 z28 and that car drug/scraped all the time yet my ss with gfx hasn't scraped yet (knock on wood) lol :-P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Not sure its just a fad..., in public parking lots, I've been backing in most of the time for all my vehicles, trucks and cars since 1981. Its just that much easier to pull out later but with the Camaro is even makes more sense, because the front spoiler is so low it grabs curbs rather easily.
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger / Alky Meth Injection / Lingenfelter GT12 Cam / Kooks LT Headers, 3 inch exhaust & QTP electric cut outs / Monster LT1-S Twin Disc Clutch / MGW flat blade short throw shifter / Haltech CAI / VMax Throttle Body / DSS Stage 3 axles/ BMR Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Suspension Bushing and 1" lowering springs / Taylor 8MM Plug Wires / Tuned by Henderson Performance Technologies / EBC dimpled and sloted rotors / G2 Painted Calipers / GM Tower Strut Brace / ZL1 Factory Rep Wheels
satxrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backup, camera, dimension, forward, parking