Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 04-16-2013, 08:10 PM   #295
ken53007

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by driser View Post
OK I just talked to Angie and we have 25 (after correcting Dex), so we are good to go.

Ken, she says that she got you in touch with Misty who got you on the Camaro Corral?

We lost a few today, which I corrected on the sign up list, but there must be one more on my list that is not coming because I have 26.

Thanks to everyone for signing up and buying tickets.....this is really going to be a lot of fun. I will post a final update tomorrow night with as many of the details as are available.

Thanks again,

David

Yea I called to double check with angie and she transfered me to misty and got me all set
Thanks David
ken53007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #296
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by csjcsj View Post
Might as well cross me off the list as well! Just found out Janet's mom is getting out of the hospital Friday, in a place in Snellville for Alzheimer's, and gonna have to deal with that and placing her in a home this weekend!
Really sorry to hear you guys are going through this. Was looking forward to see you guys again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1LE View Post
I'm still in rain or shine but instead of 2 attending it will be just me on Friday and most likely Saturday. I'll probably get to the track around 10am Friday. I'm driving up from Alpharetta.

I may have missed it, where are we going for dinner?

Thanks, Mike
Southern Smoq BBQ
7380 Spout Springs Rd
Flowery Branch, GA 30542

Check out post #239 for the map from the track.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #297
Dexcam1
ACE5.org

Drives: "Flightrisk"
[QUOTE=driser;6431167]OK I just talked to Angie and we have 25 (after correcting Dex), so we are good to go.

Heyyyy!?!?!? I put in a comment that I was with the camaro coral when I purchased tickets online. I even used your full name .
lol
Old 04-16-2013, 10:53 PM   #298
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Might as well cross me off the list as well! Just found out Janet's mom is getting out of the hospital Friday, in a place in Snellville for Alzheimer's, and gonna have to deal with that and placing her in a home this weekend!
Sorry to hear about your MIL. It's challenging to take care of a parent, for sure.

I know it shows rain the forecast right now, but that forecast has changed twice already. Supposed to have been thunderstorms today, but I didn't see a single one........

Looking forward to the weekend. Found out some of our family friends are also running the Continental Series, so I may have to cheer a little for one of the Mazda-3 teams........

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:55 AM   #299
ken53007

Hey does anyone want to cruise over to atlanta dragway after dinner to watch or do some racing?

Last edited by ken53007; 04-17-2013 at 03:11 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:08 AM   #300
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken53007 View Post
Hey does anyone want to cruise over to atlanta dragway after dinner to watch or do some racing?
If it rains or shows rain it will be closed! Call there before you was to attempt to go!
Old 04-17-2013, 04:23 AM   #301
ken53007

Quote:
If it rains or shows rain it will be closed! Call there before you was to attempt to go!
10-4
Old 04-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #302
HubStep

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS
Ok so what's the deal? Are we doing everything as a one big group or do we have multiple smaller groups doing different things?

When/where do I show up friday morning to get this party started?

My Camaro with the Memphis Belle!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267316
HubStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #303
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubStep View Post
Ok so what's the deal? Are we doing everything as a one big group or do we have multiple smaller groups doing different things?

When/where do I show up friday morning to get this party started?

So pretty sure David will be posting up details by this evening, but this is what has been posted so far.

Friday, some folks might want to meet to eat breakfast/lunch around 10 or 11 before going to Road Atlanta, possibly Cracker Barrel

Events slated are:
Friday - Parade laps 5PM-5:30PM
- Cruise/dinner 6:30PM
Southern Smoq BBQ
7380 Spout Springs Rd
Flowery Branch, GA 30542
I'll edit the post with the map later
- possible informal trip to Atlanta Dragway, Commerce (we all know the weather is a highly changeable variable. I love the rain we're getting now seems like a beautiful spring day to me. Not at all like the rain I saw forecasted )

Saturday - Hot Lap passes 10:15 and 3:15
- Meet & Greet with Stevenson Racing 10:15
- Continental Race at 11:30
- Rolex Race at 4:30
- Possible cruise to Year One Braselton Bash after race

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:12 PM   #304
HubStep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
So pretty sure David will be posting up details by this evening, but this is what has been posted so far.

Friday, some folks might want to meet to eat breakfast/lunch around 10 or 11 before going to Road Atlanta, possibly Cracker Barrel

Events slated are:
Friday - Parade laps 5PM-5:30PM
- Cruise/dinner 6:30PM
Southern Smoq BBQ
7380 Spout Springs Rd
Flowery Branch, GA 30542
I'll edit the post with the map later
- possible informal trip to Atlanta Dragway, Commerce (we all know the weather is a highly changeable variable. I love the rain we're getting now seems like a beautiful spring day to me. Not at all like the rain I saw forecasted )

Saturday - Hot Lap passes 10:15 and 3:15
- Meet & Greet with Stevenson Racing 10:15
- Continental Race at 11:30
- Rolex Race at 4:30
- Possible cruise to Year One Braselton Bash after race
I like it! Which cracker barrel and who's going?

Old 04-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #305
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubStep View Post
I like it! Which cracker barrel and who's going?
Cracker Barrel at Hwy 53 and I-85! Can't miss it!
Old 04-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #306
HubStep

Quote:
Cracker Barrel at Hwy 53 and I-85! Can't miss it!
Nice! Ok cool, I'll confirm times then Thursday night.

Old 04-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #307
driser

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Update on Corral

OK I lied, probably will have a couple of more updates, but couldn't wait until tomorrow to put this out.

I was able to secure 25 hot lap passes with Chevy Racing (they run the pace cars for the race), which will be at 3:15 pm on Saturday. It is described as hot laps with Team Chevy drivers, which will be awesome.

There is also a driver autograph session from 2:15 pm - 3:00 pm in the infield near turn 10, which will also be a lot of fun to attend. Last I heard, our corral parking is just above turn 10, so we should be right there.

There is also a bunch of stuff going on in the Vendor area, which is also right by where we are supposed to be. Lots of stuff to look at there, and usually some give away items associated with some of the vendors.

I don't know exactly what all I will have to give away in a raffle drawing, but at least some Pfadt shirts, two Adams detail kits (retail $ 49.95), and hopefully some discount coupons from Maxie Price Chevrolet in Loganville. MTI Racing is supposed to come by on Saturday and hand out some Camaro Corral Shop specials, and Diane was working on some things too.

For those who have never been to Road Atlanta, just a few tips to get prepared. I plan on spending time in the Paddock area checking out the cars and teams, and the Rolex paddock in on our side of the track, and the Continental Series pits are on the other side of the track (accessable by walking over a bridge). I also enjoy walking to each area of the track while the race is going on to see the cars at all portions of the track. The track is close to 3 miles around and the elevation change is huge. The paddock area is way below where we will be parked, so if you chose, you will be doing a lot of walking up and down hills. BRING COMFORTABLE SHOES!!!

The only thing we have scheduled as a group on Friday is the parade lap between 5:00 pm - 5:30pm. Since people will be coming in at various times, lets say everyone be in the corral parking area around my car (red with white stripes) no later than 4:15 pm for the parade lap.

After the lap (s), we will head to dinner.

On Saturday, we have the meet and greet with the Stevenson Race Team at 10:15 am, so everyone should be in the corral parking area by my car by 9:30 am at the latest. After that the Continental race will be going, and then we need to make sure we are back in the corral parking no later than 2:45 pm to get to the hot laps.

I will be getting more details on when and where we need to be for the parade lap and hot laps on Friday, so the times might change a little.

I plan on eating breakfast at Cracker Barrel at I-85 & HWY 53 around 9:00 am on Friday. That should put me at the track by 10:00 am. Anyone who wants to join me is welcome.

If you don't have you ticket in hand, you will need to go to Will Call and pick them up when you get there. Will Call is right when you pull into the entrance gate, so you can't miss it. Dex that is where you need to go to get your Camaro sticker.

Once you come throught the entrance to the track, you just go up the hill, over the bridge and the our parking should be on the right just after you cross the bridge.

Let me know if you have any questions, and see everyone on Friday!

Thanks,
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #308
michael's maro
RAM'S CAMARO

Drives: 2010 camaro ss 2015 Z-28
I wish I had the time off to join everyone, OK a lie, wish my car was running, I was just in Atlanta yesterday dropping my car off at MTI.
I will be at Road Atlanta May 4,5 running with Chin.