Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-13-2009, 02:19 AM   #1
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
My RT

I suppose muscle car forums will never change and everybody will have an opinion as to why their car is "better" than others. I love muscle cars - period. They have always held a fascination for me, regardless of make, model or year: They are simply very cool. My first was a 74 Camaro (almost a 67), my current, a 09 Challenger. When my wife and I decided to buy a muscle car, we considered them all. She was hooked on the Camaro and I was leaning towards the Challenger, but was intrigued by the new Camaro. I have always loved Mopar, particularly the 70's Cuda's and Road Runner's.

In making my decision, I recognized I'm not 16 years old anymore, I knew I would not be racing every other muscle car I saw on the street, and I would not be running from the police or chasing my buddies on neighborhood streets with tight turns. I did know that when I found the right car, it would "speak" to me and there would be no doubt it was the right car. For me, that car is the Challenger - I have never loved a car like I do this RT. It has everything I wanted and more. Plus, my wife fell in love with it as soon as she test drove it. Plus, plus, I can modify it and turn it into a "super" muscle car with over 1000 hp if I want to.

Regardless, for those of you sitting on the fence as to which car you want, wait till you find "the one." For me, my Challenger is the most kick ass car on the road - any road. Give me a Ferrari and I would sell it to buy more Challengers (OK, maybe even a Camaro for Sundays and a Shelby Mustang for Mondays). Do some research, be patient and don't base your entire decision on magazine articles, peer pressure or opinions from all knowing "experts."

Now, let the barbecue begin...

AZ MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:30 AM   #2
MY1STSS

Drives: Waiting impatiently for Blk2SS
I know what you mean about the right car "speaking" to you. I think challengers are kick ass cars too but to me the my Camaro is the hottest, most bad ass thing on the streets! Im glad you got the car you love. No roast from me. Have fun.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:47 AM   #3
broncosman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via Skype™ to broncosman
That's a nice ride. I love the body style on the Challenger as well. I just think Dodge really could have done better for that car. It just seems like they skimped on it a lot and rushed it out the door just to get the car out before the Camaro. Know what I mean?

By no way am I dissing that car.

2SS/RS with painted Rally Stripes
http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/index.php
broncosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:56 AM   #4
AZ MSCL

Know what you mean

If I had to name one complaint, it would be the car should have more HP/torque because of the added weight, particularly knowing the HP their prime competition was going to put in the Camaro's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosman View Post
That's a nice ride. I love the body style on the Challenger as well. I just think Dodge really could have done better for that car. It just seems like they skimped on it a lot and rushed it out the door just to get the car out before the Camaro. Know what I mean?

By no way am I dissing that car.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:59 AM   #5
AZ MSCL

NEAT!

You too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STSS View Post
I know what you mean about the right car "speaking" to you. I think challengers are kick ass cars too but to me the my Camaro is the hottest, most bad ass thing on the streets! Im glad you got the car you love. No roast from me. Have fun.

Old 08-13-2009, 03:43 AM   #6
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
No roast here either! I too know exactly where you are coming from! My Camaro was a total impulse buy! I looked at all the picture and I was kind of BLAH... Then I went home and seen one in person... and BOUGHT IT!!! I'm not a company fanboy... I like what I like! Did basically the same thing in 2005 except then it was the redesigned Mustang...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:32 AM   #7
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
I personally believe that while WE ( Camaro 5 ) love the Camaro that it does not matter what brand you have. It takes all kinds to make the world go round, and to be a Muscle Car Nut is an awesome thing. Some of us here are too young to remember sock hops and muscle cars from yester year. This just kinda brings back days of old and it is awesome, while I may be 41 still wished I had been a little older and had a '56 Chevy 2 door post going to the drive-in with my sweetheart.

Oh well Congrats on your car, enjoy it, be safe and beware of the Awesome Camaro
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:44 AM   #8
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
I think challengers are hot, of the 3 muscle cars they made the best retro design, love the looks but it HAS TO BE an srt8 btw i drove a challenger, it's a huge car. i'm sure you get used to it but at firs, you know that feelings when you arent sure if you can fit between a double parked car and a parked car on the street, it was like that for me the whole ride lol hot car though def a winner in the looks dept.
fdjizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:29 AM   #9
Ash1977

Drives: 2013 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca
Great looking car. I think the Challenger looks the best out of the three muscle cars. I test drove one before I ordered my Camaro and then bought a Shelby. As long as your happy with your ride, that's all that matters.

Last edited by Ash1977; 08-13-2009 at 08:11 AM.
Ash1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:16 AM   #10
Curt@BMCPerformance

Drives: 2005 Ford Mustang GT
i agree with you 100% I loovee the challengers, wish i had the money for another car cause that would definitley be the one!! Good luck with it!! I know i love my car when i come back from the NY international auto show and still love mine the best. lol. But i get a thrill from every new modern muscle vehicle on the road.
Curt@BMCPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:24 AM   #11
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
No roast! You followed your heart, and got the car that spoke to YOU...instead of listening to what others think you should have. I too love the look of the CHallenger...if I could change only one thing it would be to shave 300 lbs off of it to make it a little more nimble.

It is a great car!
Old 08-13-2009, 08:50 AM   #12
ironpeddler

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Nice car man! Looks great!
ironpeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:11 AM   #13
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
Motor Trend recently described the Challenger as the Harley-Davidson of automobiles. I think it fits and that's not a bad thing.
2002 White Camaro Z28 A4
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:19 PM   #14
benjj

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE
how dare you come on camaro5 with your good attitude and non camaro vehicle...ooooo your gonna get it buddy

nice car
benjj is offline   Reply With Quote