Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-13-2009, 12:34 PM   #15
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
RT's are nice. I have seen several in my area with really nice striping schemes and what not. Very slick looking and the old school just oozes from them.

I will say that dodge truly did Retro the best with this car. Even better than Ford IMO.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:08 PM   #16
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjj View Post
how dare you come on camaro5 with your good attitude and non camaro vehicle...ooooo your gonna get it buddy

nice car
I really needed a laugh today, been a rough couple days, dad's not in good health.

AZ MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #17
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
I personally think challengers are awesome and if I pass one in my camaro i will definitely wave and hope he/she waves back. A mustang well thats another story. There are just so many damn mustangs on the road. I think camaros and challys look great stock but all I see is base mustangs i think the need a little something to seperate them. Just my two cents.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:26 PM   #18
attymf

Drives: 2017 SS
I agree 100% with what you said. Get what you like. I like all muscle cars. Ofcourse, I'm partial to Camaros but if I ever saw a Mopar or Ford racing a ricer or euro car I'd root for the AMERICAN CAR.

American cars have their own style. Big, beefy with a V8.
attymf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:35 PM   #19
dieseldave24v
PowerStroke this Ford boy

Drives: Like Don Garlits "Big Daddy"
Well since he is showing his off I guess I will to...lol. I hope some of you read our post in the "Challenger owners have this skin" Thread

Hey big man let me hold a dollar
dieseldave24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #20
FI4T0MCAT

Drives: 1969 SS Camaro
Dave that first picture got me so excited i almost pooped. I see your in NC as well. We should link up sometime and go for a cruise.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:39 PM   #21
dieseldave24v
PowerStroke this Ford boy

Drives: Like Don Garlits "Big Daddy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by FI4T0MCAT View Post
Dave that first picture got me so excited i almost pooped. I see your in NC as well. We should link up sometime and go for a cruise.
I would LOVE to. My car is going to be out of service in a few weeks for about a week. After that I am always down for a weekend cruise. Maybe we could meet halfway, eat lunch and go for a ride.

Hey big man let me hold a dollar
dieseldave24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:58 PM   #22
FI4T0MCAT

Drives: 1969 SS Camaro
That sounds great man. I look forward to checking out your ride. I rode around with a red SRT8 and a red mustang GT today, when you get these 3 muscle cars together, there isnt a head on the road that does not turn to look.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #23
RS Driver

Drives: 67 RS / 12 2LT RS
If it wasn't for the Camaro, I would have purchased the Challenger. They're awesome.
RS Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:03 PM   #24
DBLNUT

Drives: 2009 Challenger R/T
I bought the R/T,if it was not for the challenger I would have bought the camaro!
DBLNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:20 PM   #25
MustangConvert

Drives: ABM 1LT Camaro
Although I was a Mustang guy and would have bought one if it wasn't for the new Camaro. I have to say that the new Challenger is one sharp car. All three of the american muscle car lines have been really well done and anyone that buys one should be proud of their ride.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:17 PM   #26
Hanzo

Drives: '10 Black 1SS/RS LS3
Thanks rham for making such a loving thread, brings a tear to my eye. But hey, you couldn't have said it better. I like all three, just the Camaro fit me better. Almost pulled the trigger on an R/T but glad I had the strength to wait.
Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:23 PM   #27
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
Almost crapped my pants today...

Wife has started making noise about a new Camaro convertible (good thing, I'm all for it). If she gets one, the Challenger is mine to do with as I wish (in 2.5 yrs, warranty over.) headers, intake, cam, heads, supercharger. Probably shooting for 600-800 hp, maybe less (keep it reasonable). Anyway, I was leaving my Army Reserve center today with the guys to go to lunch and there was a solid black new SS parked right next to my Chally. One of the guys I was with had his 02 T/A as well, but parked further away. We looked 'em all over - wish I'd had a camera - the Camaro and Chally together were quite striking. A female Soldier with the Camaro walked out and said "I wanted the Challenger, but my husband wanted the Camaro." It was a beauty, none the less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
Thanks rham for making such a loving thread, brings a tear to my eye. But hey, you couldn't have said it better. I like all three, just the Camaro fit me better. Almost pulled the trigger on an R/T but glad I had the strength to wait.
Thanks for the kind words Hanzo.

AZ MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:18 PM   #28
Analogy

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rham48 View Post
Wife has started making noise about a new Camaro convertible (good thing, I'm all for it). If she gets one, the Challenger is mine to do with as I wish (in 2.5 yrs, warranty over.) headers, intake, cam, heads, supercharger. Probably shooting for 600-800 hp, maybe less (keep it reasonable). Anyway, I was leaving my Army Reserve center today with the guys to go to lunch and there was a solid black new SS parked right next to my Chally. One of the guys I was with had his 02 T/A as well, but parked further away. We looked 'em all over - wish I'd had a camera - the Camaro and Chally together were quite striking. A female Soldier with the Camaro walked out and said "I wanted the Challenger, but my husband wanted the Camaro." It was a beauty, none the less.

Thanks for the kind words Hanzo.

Nice! I actually parked right in front of a black/black SRT8 today at the mall lol. I have a black/black 1SS/RS, it rained a lot today so we were both dirty or else I would have taken a bunch of pics

If the Camaro never was going to come out I would of bought a Challenger for sure. Hell, if the SRT8 was in the 30-35k range, I may have had a tought decision on my hands. I always have loved Camaro's, but the retro style/feel, interior room, and comparable stats to the SS would have made a tough call. Lucky for me the STR8 is priced out of my range, so I went with the Camaro, and do not have any regrets at all. Much love to all the muscle cars

Ordered 1SS/RS 3-2-09 1100
2000 4-24-09
2500 4-29-09
3000 4-30-09
3300 5-22-09
Analogy is offline   Reply With Quote