Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 08-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #13315
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
OH and your jersey was in attendance...

:
I will always be there in spirit.

But it would have been funny to have a pic with it draped on the Z/28. You know why of course.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #13316
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Old 08-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #13317
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Sooooooooper smooth. But I'm dizzy from watching
Old 08-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #13318
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Sooooooooper smooth. But I'm dizzy from watching
Wish I could have made a few more runs.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:28 PM   #13319
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I need to hide in here for a minute...

This was the best run fest by far... and some people... very few, but the loud few just have to have something to complain about... and some of them are lying through their teeth....

I look forward to the "man it would be cool if you guys could fix..." or it would really be helpful if you guys could..."

the event was not perfect...

I feel like there are a few that give no consideration as to why it is the way it as and are just pissed it wasn't the way they wanted it...

I should have thicker skin by now....

.....that's enigmatic.......I'm lost...<but that is easy for me>...
Old 08-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #13320
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...come East my good man, Englishtown, Maple Grove...yes....yes, now you are feeling it.....<Jedi mind trick>...bring the gathering East.....
Old 08-08-2013, 11:41 PM   #13321
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Think bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Circuit of the Americas for a future FEST. We would need some assistance from GM as the track rental is about $40,000 a day and worth every penny.

GM can introduce the 6th Gen here. I'm sure the drag strip will be built by then... I have assigned MLEE to get it done. We can start at turn 5 and finish at turn 13.

Now that I have done all the ground work I'll turn it over to Mr. Wyndham, GTAHVIT, Killer and company to flesh out the details.
When GM rolled out the 5th Gen at the Back to the Brickyard event it was a static display with some great presentations from the Camaro TEAM. Attendance was impressive. If and it is a huge IF, the Camaro TEAM would like to roll the 6th Gen moving vehicle public and press launch into the world's largest Camaro event along with the presentations we could skip a year of drag racing. I know that would be a HUGE disappointment to many C5 enthusiasts, but I am hoping they would trade that to be among the very first to get a ride or in a perfect world a drive in a 6th Gen.

GM could have the full track a day or two before for media... There are sooo many ifs, but maybe, just maybe
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:49 PM   #13322
JusticePete

Did I mention the two fastest cars were on Pedders? The L/28 of course, but also Bruce Raymond's Peddersised 1LE. Oh yeah Michael Rupp Pedderised. Ray in his Pedderised V6. Jordan Priestly of JDP was third fastest in the shop car class, but he could have been faster if the stuff wasn't not red ;-) The DSE race car fourth.

Done running my big mouth.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:37 AM   #13323
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa

That was wild and beautiful, Pete.

Yours too mlee. What pipes are you running?

That thing sounded like the growl of an ancient dragon at the end, so deep and menacing. Love Love LOVE it !

Edit: I did go look at your #23 thread mlee. Are those pipes stock with just the mild-to-wild?

Last edited by Scarrzz; 08-09-2013 at 04:59 AM.
Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #13324
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:

Did I mention the two fastest cars were on Pedders? The L/28 of course, but also Bruce Raymond's Peddersised 1LE. Oh yeah Michael Rupp Pedderised. Ray in his Pedderised V6. Jordan Priestly of JDP was third fastest in the shop car class, but he could have been faster if the stuff wasn't not red ;-) The DSE race car fourth.
I haven't seen elbow action like that since Gordie Howe retired...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #13325
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:

Done running my big mouth.

Pete what is the list of what has been Pedderised on Bruce's 1LE?
Thanks
Old 08-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #13326
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post

Pete what is the list of what has been Pedderised on Bruce's 1LE?
Thanks
1LE Peragrin
32 mm rear Z Bar, full radius bushes and EP1201HD full sub-frame bushes.

Then we added Supercars to the 1LE Permagrin package.

Bruce did heads, cam and a tune, plus the CTS-V 6 pots and rotors up front with Cobalt Friction pads. With 530 to the rear wheels and the other goodies it tears up the track. If I were a Z/28 I would be worried.

Last edited by JusticePete; 08-09-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #13327
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
1LE Peragrin
32 mm rear Z Bar, full radius bushes and EP1201HD full sub-frame bushes.

Then we added Supercars to the 1LE Permagrin package.

Bruce did heads, cam and a tune, plus the CTS-V 6 pots and rotors up front with Cobalt Friction pads. With 530 to the rear wheels and the other goodies it tears up the rack. If I were a Z/28 I would be worried.
Sweet! Sounds exactly like what I'd do. What's the estimated cost of what he ordered from Pedders?
Old 08-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #13328
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Think bigger.

When GM rolled out the 5th Gen at the Back to the Brickyard event it was a static display with some great presentations from the Camaro TEAM. Attendance was impressive. If and it is a huge IF, the Camaro TEAM would like to roll the 6th Gen moving vehicle public and press launch into the world's largest Camaro event along with the presentations we could skip a year of drag racing. I know that would be a HUGE disappointment to many C5 enthusiasts, but I am hoping they would trade that to be among the very first to get a ride or in a perfect world a drive in a 6th Gen.

GM could have the full track a day or two before for media... There are sooo many ifs, but maybe, just maybe
That would be an unbelievable experience. I plan on going to the next fest but I would quit my jobs to make it to something like this. I really like COTA from the little I have seen but really I would be happy with any road course C5 fest and hopefully we would be allowed to race on the track.

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014