Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 06-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
cjingle

Drives: 1969 Camaro RS, 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Albuquerque - SMS Track Day 06/19/2010

Just confirmed!

SMS Cars, Coffee, Chile, and Speed is on for June 19th. The original brochure did not have this date listed. But, I confirmed with the man himself, Jim Guthrie that it's a go!

So, ladies and gents, be there or be square. Let's see what your beasts can do on the track!

We'll do the same as before. Meet at Hotel Albuquerque in Old Town around 7:30 AM, then cruise on out to the track in formation.

See you then.

Enjoy!

Curt
cjingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #2
WiccaJew

Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
heck ya im down
WiccaJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:11 PM   #3
2010 BADSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I'm not sure we'll be in town for this one, but if so, I for one know what I'll be doing Sat morning. I should have my clear bra on then, so I don't even have to worry about rock chips.
DSS 9" rear with 3.90 gear
Pfadt suspension/Hotchkiss chassis brace
Forgeline Wheels VR3S/Nitto tires

Beware of the LPE Sisterhood
2010 BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:22 PM   #4
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Rock chips....what are those?? lmao

I might need new paint before I end up paying mine off! lmao

Thanks for getting us an answer Curtis!! Hopefully we can see some of the folks who have "been dying to get out there" actually show up and track the rigs!

Looks like the "Wicca" is in....

Who else is gonna make it out?!!
-Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:33 PM   #5
cjingle

I received my NoWeeds Diverter yesterday. I hope to have it put in early next week. Plus, I still have to put in the CAI that I bought from Bad Karma. Maybe this weekend. But, my hope is that it's ready for the track on the 19th.

See you all there.

Curt
Old 06-11-2010, 07:58 PM   #6
ZZTOM

Drives: 67 Camaro 350, 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjingle View Post
I received my NoWeeds Diverter yesterday. I hope to have it put in early next week. Plus, I still have to put in the CAI that I bought from Bad Karma. Maybe this weekend. But, my hope is that it's ready for the track on the 19th.

See you all there.

Curt
Just a heads up, I read a thread recently about scorching the floor board and melting of the brake lines from a diverter. Don't remember which brand but something keep an eye on.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:53 AM   #7
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZTOM View Post
Just a heads up, I read a thread recently about scorching the floor board and melting of the brake lines from a diverter. Don't remember which brand but something keep an eye on.
C'mon Tom, we all know Curtis' rig is a showcar...he ain't gonna rip ass with em open very long.

I heard that too, but the Noweeds ones (I personally believe) look like they might be less prone to it since they actually have that nice turndown built into them.

Perhaps...lol

But you never know...he just might "roll dirty" with em wide open 24/7 and melt his whip. We'll see.

Moving on.....lol

Just counted 26 total (24 Camaro owners) on all of our threads who have posted at least 3 times.

1.CJingle
2.BethGrace
3.Maro10SS
4.ZZTom
5.Bad Karma
6.RHarp
7.68RSZ
8.SSRS2010 (LC?)
9.TMac1Granger33 (??)
10.hclove09
11.Blown396 (G8 Owner)
12.TBonz
13.GTRules50
14.Soundwave
15.ReJeweled_SS
16.rez14USN
17.Hellboy (!!!)
18.jnewberr2ssrs
19.2010 BADSS
20.bigsquirrel
21.RS-SS2
22.tanderson
23.WiccaJew
24.jruss1078
25.jthibodaux
26.andredmg

Yes....I'm calling everyone of you out. LOL.

Dig it, with Curtis's help, we're going to try and get Jim and the SMS team to let us take some pictures up against the Front Wall of the track. This is going to be an excellent opportunity to get all of us lined up and have some great pix (hint hint...Larry or Joe) taken at the track with all of the ABQ C5.com Team.

If you have obligations or are just busy, that's cool. But if you don't try and make it out to see what the fuss is all about.

There is nothing more cool than to see these guys getting the cars sideways and smelling burning rubber for 4 hours......nothing.

Hope to see you ALL there!
Ivan
Old 06-15-2010, 09:27 AM   #8
cjingle

I confirmed with Jim Guthrie. Yes, we can line up the cars and take all of the pictures we want.

We'll do the same as before: Meet at Hotel Albuquerque at ~7:30 AM Saturday and caravan out to the track. Let's get all 26 in a row!

See you then, Curt
Old 06-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #9
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
I confirmed with Jim Guthrie. Yes, we can line up the cars and take all of the pictures we want.

We'll do the same as before: Meet at Hotel Albuquerque at ~7:30 AM Saturday and caravan out to the track. Let's get all 26 in a row!

See you then, Curt
Now we're talking!
-Ivan
Old 06-15-2010, 05:35 PM   #10
cjingle

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Watch out!! I now have the NoWeeds Diverters on the Camaro. It sounds awesome!!

I can't wait to try it out on the track!

Enjoy!

Curt
Old 06-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #11
rharp

Drives: 2010 SVT Raptor/ 70 Chevelle SS 396
We're there guys & gals. Tane's even gonna make this one, no damn nail appointment. I told her that I was gonna try to get Jim to take her around the track, I hope he will, way more scary then if I did. See you all Saturday mornin 7:30.
rharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:30 PM   #12
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen:

Watch out!! I now have the NoWeeds Diverters on the Camaro. It sounds awesome!!

I can't wait to try it out on the track!

Enjoy!

Curt
Like! lol...Nice little bump in power as well right?? Can't wait to see it on your car man.

"We're there guys & gals. Tane's even gonna make this one, no damn nail appointment. I told her that I was gonna try to get Jim to take her around the track, I hope he will, way more scary then if I did. See you all Saturday mornin 7:30."

Woot! Woot! Trying to round up my posse for the ride as well. They are all geeked to go up there and watch Daddy "peel out." lmao.

Just re-installed the Doug Thorley Catback after I polished it. Had an unexpected afternoon off and couldn't think of a better way to spend it then polishing up some of the goodies.

Where's everyone else at?? Anybody not going to be able to make it?

Teaser.....
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2010, 07:30 PM   #13
Racer-X
Rhymin and Stealin

Drives: The Search is on ABM V6.....
Send a message via MSN to Racer-X
Quote:
Originally Posted by rharp View Post
We're there guys & gals. Tane's even gonna make this one, no damn nail appointment. I told her that I was gonna try to get Jim to take her around the track, I hope he will, way more scary then if I did. See you all Saturday mornin 7:30.
Make sure she brings a change of clothes. LOL
Racer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:30 PM   #14
2010 BADSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Karma View Post
Like! lol...Nice little bump in power as well right?? Can't wait to see it on your car man.

"We're there guys & gals. Tane's even gonna make this one, no damn nail appointment. I told her that I was gonna try to get Jim to take her around the track, I hope he will, way more scary then if I did. See you all Saturday mornin 7:30."

Woot! Woot! Trying to round up my posse for the ride as well. They are all geeked to go up there and watch Daddy "peel out." lmao.

Just re-installed the Doug Thorley Catback after I polished it. Had an unexpected afternoon off and couldn't think of a better way to spend it then polishing up some of the goodies.

Where's everyone else at?? Anybody not going to be able to make it?

Teaser.....
I love those nice shiny parts Ivan. Looking good. Unfortunately, we will miss this track event. Going out of town. :( But we're definitely planning to attend the drag night next week, as well as the SMS track day on the 10th. We might even have another special visitor from El Paso on the 10th...

Can't wait to HEAR your car Curt. I'll bet it sounds as good as it looks.

IAS, that's good advice on the clothes change!
DSS 9" rear with 3.90 gear
Pfadt suspension/Hotchkiss chassis brace
Forgeline Wheels VR3S/Nitto tires

Beware of the LPE Sisterhood
2010 BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote