Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #71
surfgun

Drives: 2010 SS, 2002 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
you guys really dont get aerodynamics do you?
How can 1" equal 13% increase? How much of an increase would one get with 1/2" drop? 6.5%, 3% or 10%? The math does not work. I'm sure it will increase mileage, but 13%?
surfgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #72
stratman
Goldmember

Drives: 06 CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfgun View Post
How can 1" equal 13% increase? How much of an increase would one get with 1/2" drop? 6.5%, 3% or 10%? The math does not work. I'm sure it will increase mileage, but 13%?
What math? You are just throwing out numbers. It is not a simple linear relationship between the drop amount and MPG% increase. Drag and air flow are tricky concepts with slightly complex math. I would assume since we are talking about an established company here they did some actual testing along with running calculations to come up with that number. Others here have stated seeing increases in MPG with their lowering of vehicles in the past. It would make since that it has been a seldom talked about benefit cause what performance guy used to care about MPG? Even though a properly tuned performance setup can actually make more power and get better mileage, a lot of mods send the fuel curve the other way and who cared if it made power. Plus we are talking about like 3 MPG here. That isn't a ridiculous number. You could get that by adjusting your driving habits.
stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:29 PM   #73
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brjray View Post
You can get the complete kit with free shipping from www.streetsideauto.com with a $35 coupon early in the week sometimes for about $440. I have been watching it like a hawk but havent pulled the trigger yet.

Its $450 shipped now after coupon for the V6 springs and sway bars.
http://www.streetsideauto.com/produc...YMM&Reset=True

The V8 kit is the same price $450 shipped after coupon for springs and sway bars.
http://www.streetsideauto.com/produc...YMM&Reset=True

If anyone finds better pricing let me know. It also shows these as in stock.
Got mine yesterday for 439 from streetside auto with 35 dollar discount
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Mickey Thompson @25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:11 PM   #74
CamaroPR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Can you share the discount code that you used!
CamaroPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:30 PM   #75
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
Problem is the code is only good for one day then they take it off. I tried the same code the next day and it didnt recognize it. But if simply check the website each day it will come again. I found it on a wendsday only thing that sucked was it wont arrive until monday so the people that want to order ealier in the week to get it by the weekend probably wont see that big of a discount. Just check it everyday it runs 24hrs I am pretty sure before it changes. Its 25 dollars off today
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Mickey Thompson @25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:00 PM   #76
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Like someone already said, I am not worried about gas mileage with this car.

That being said, the ride is about 15% stiffer with the springs and sways. The body roll is almost eliminated and the handling improves 100%. I almost lost the car on the freeway and attribute the save to the improved handling of the sways & springs.
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2010, 03:18 PM   #77
corvette_dad

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs red/grey stripes
it is curious that firming up the suspension and lowering it yields better fuel economy. i like it.
corvette_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:33 PM   #78
Don O
Camaro and Vettehead

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM L99 69 427/400 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSizzle View Post
Thanks Don O! How do you feel about the ride difference? Same or just a little stiffer? Is it worth it?
Not much ride difference at all. The handling is a little more responsive when getting on the freeway on a clover leaf. But the looks are killer. The pictures do not do it justice. No regrets at all. Love the looks and the handling is great.

Don O

Don O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:32 PM   #79
reefdiver

Drives: Cheverlot
Since today was a huge snow day here in NC I turned on the heater and did the Eibach Springs & Sways. Took me 7.0 hours. The awesome DIY write up linked to this sight (although it wasn’t Eibach) was very helpful; however, 1.5 just trying to get the stock bar out from the front was killing me. I took a break, searched the web and I loosened the front engine bolts (as recommended by another brands webpage) and bam, the bar was out within a minute. New one went in just as smooth. Tightened the bolts back and pressed on with the front springs. The Camaro sits the same height as my C6 which gets 30mpg due to less under carriage drag! Looks sweet…can’t wait to drive her and get the front end re-aliened!
reefdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:41 AM   #80
Midnight Maro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS W/ Kenne Bell 2.8LC SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
It lowers it 1". That spec was sort of obscure in the mileage write-up(2nd column, top page) instead of the kit feature where you would think it should be.

Oh and one other thing that annoys the hell out of me. How hard is it to help a fellow forum member with an answer instead of one of these ?
+1 +1 +1000 There is one of the reasons I don't post on this forum very much. Seriously, we are all fans of Gen5 here and everyone has different experience levels. Why do some people see the need to and Condescend others just because they don't have the immense amount of free time necessary to read this fourm thoroughly as you do.

Sorry to threadjack here I just wanted to send a little to someone who finally stood up and said something which actually made sense.

1/4: 13.330 @ 105.52 MPH - bone stock
Midnight Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 04:16 AM   #81
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Maro View Post
+1 +1 +1000 There is one of the reasons I don't post on this forum very much. Seriously, we are all fans of Gen5 here and everyone has different experience levels. Why do some people see the need to and Condescend others just because they don't have the immense amount of free time necessary to read this fourm thoroughly as you do.

Sorry to threadjack here I just wanted to send a little to someone who finally stood up and said something which actually made sense.
Do you find it odd that the ONLY ones to get those reponses are the new people? There is a search function on EVERY board i'm on. If the question is an obscure one, that's one thing, but if you just don't care to READ the opening thread or do a 20sec search, we consider you lazy. Searching for you own answers is a great way to learn a lot. Do you think the vast majority of this or any other forum learned what they know from asking questions about readily available info? Research your question FIRST, then if you don't find the answer, ask here. You'd be suprised at just how much you learn about stuff researching on your own. Google is also your friend, ABUSE IT.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:03 AM   #82
paigeodad

Drives: 2010 ss/rs black/slvr 6 spd
how hard are these to install and should it always be done by a professional???
paigeodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:11 AM   #83
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Ride quality is awesome! Feels tighter, and it is perfect in my eyes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
But what about ride quality? No B.S. from the ones that have them. I want the look, but I don't want a harsh ride. I've been in some dropped cars and the ride wasn't for me (very harsh - feel every little bump in the road).

What's the options for someone like me? I want to do a 1" drop while maintaining close to stock ride quality.
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:47 AM   #84
Tim Adams

Drives: 2020 Elkhart Lake Blue 1LT Z51 C8
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Do you find it odd that the ONLY ones to get those reponses are the new people? There is a search function on EVERY board i'm on. If the question is an obscure one, that's one thing, but if you just don't care to READ the opening thread or do a 20sec search, we consider you lazy. Searching for you own answers is a great way to learn a lot. Do you think the vast majority of this or any other forum learned what they know from asking questions about readily available info? Research your question FIRST, then if you don't find the answer, ask here. You'd be suprised at just how much you learn about stuff researching on your own. Google is also your friend, ABUSE IT.
Yes, someone else with some common sense who argees with me!!

2020 C8 ordered!!

"The greatest sound in the world is a Rolls Royce Merlin over 100 inches"

www.timadamsphotography.com
Tim Adams is offline   Reply With Quote