Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-28-2014, 09:37 AM   #337
DetailersDomain

Drives: Audi S4
got any photos of the fix?
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:42 PM   #338
InvictaII

Drives: 2011 2SS NIGHT RIDER STYLE!
Ill post some when I'm done I only did a small spot because I only had one pad for the Dremel, and it was getting dark.
InvictaII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:45 PM   #339
DetailersDomain

cool I will look for it.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:00 PM   #340
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Newbie here hoping for some help.

I got my new da polisher and buff and shine microfiber pads.

My question is, what do I apply with the DA? just the polish step? Sealants and waxes are all by hand?

Plan is to strip wash, clay (using speedy prep towel), decontaminate, polish with DA, spray down with IPA wipe down, glaze, seal. Seal, wax?

Glaze, seal, and wax all done by hand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:08 PM   #341
DetailersDomain

you should plan on

washing --> Decon ---> Clay ---> compound if needed ----> polish ---> seal or wax.

what color is your car and what products do you have or need?
Old 04-28-2014, 10:33 PM   #342
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I just ordered this from you guys... I'm sure I missed some discount too. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:27 AM   #343
DetailersDomain

thanks for the order.

email me the order number.

phil@detailersdomain.com
Old 05-24-2014, 07:21 PM   #344
70rsz28

Drives: 70 rsz28,97 30th aniv conv 13 ht wh
question , what is your thoughts on tire dressing ? I was told that they can cause tires to dry out and crack on the sidewalls .this year I have replaced tires on two vehicles due to cracking , mind you the tires were 5 yrs old. these vehicles have not had as much tire dressing as my Camaro's have and they have not cracked. my latest Camaro has 21 inch wheels and I don't want to cause them to crack from tire dressing .
70rsz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:11 PM   #345
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rsz28 View Post
question , what is your thoughts on tire dressing ? I was told that they can cause tires to dry out and crack on the sidewalls .this year I have replaced tires on two vehicles due to cracking , mind you the tires were 5 yrs old. these vehicles have not had as much tire dressing as my Camaro's have and they have not cracked. my latest Camaro has 21 inch wheels and I don't want to cause them to crack from tire dressing .
From what I have heard (worked at Discount/America's Tire Co.) the simple answer is that they don't cause dry rot.

First off 5 years is an acceptable amount of time for a tire regardless of the amount of wear it sees on the road. Especially if it's exposed to the elements, cracking and dehydration of the tire can occur more rapidly.

Some cheap tire dressings have chemicals in them like alcohol or other low-grade silicon products, IE: armor-all, that can contribute to dry rot. Anymore I believe tire dressings prolong the life of tires and fight against cracking and dry rot with UV protection.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:44 AM   #346
DetailersDomain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rsz28 View Post
it's a good idea to clean your tires with an all purpose cleaner like Adam's APC and dress them with Adam's Super VRT, we have had a great success with this combo.

Tires tend to dry out when using lower grade dressings. I don't recall the ingredients that dry them out.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:35 PM   #347
DetailersDomain

Figured we would let you get a jump on Father's Day with a HUGE 20% off promo code!

Get your orders in quick so we can get them out to you asap!

Here are the details:

1. 20% off your shopping cart - Promo Code: FATHERSDAY
2. Flat Shipping $8.88 on all orders over $50.00 (CONUS)
3. Free Ground Shipping on all orders over $120.00 (CONUS)
3. Promo starts NOW and ENDS 6/10/14 Midnight EST
4. Sorry we can't combine these offers and won't be able to credit any orders before this special.

Click here to start shopping.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:46 PM   #348
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
it's a good idea to clean your tires with an all purpose cleaner like Adam's APC and dress them with Adam's Super VRT, we have had a great success with this combo.

Tires tend to dry out when using lower grade dressings. I don't recall the ingredients that dry them out.
I see Adams has a new tire product that I may give a shot. I'm really disappointed with Super VRT because everything sticks to it. Put in on the rocker trim of my ZL1 during C5 fest and by the time I got home it was a solid coat of dirt.

Then last weekend I made an even bigger mistake. I used VRT on my engine bay hoses and now sand is stuck to everything. It's a complete mess.

Any ideas on how to clean it off or other products to use? Thanks
Old 06-21-2014, 03:44 PM   #349
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I see Adams has a new tire product that I may give a shot. I'm really disappointed with Super VRT because everything sticks to it. Put in on the rocker trim of my ZL1 during C5 fest and by the time I got home it was a solid coat of dirt.

Then last weekend I made an even bigger mistake. I used VRT on my engine bay hoses and now sand is stuck to everything. It's a complete mess.

Any ideas on how to clean it off or other products to use? Thanks
All purpose cleaner.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:23 PM   #350
13lstuner

Drives: 2013 2LS BLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck View Post
All purpose cleaner.
+1