Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #113
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Ariana.....we need an update. What's the dealer saying now?
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #114
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post

I even had a salesman once tell me "and I thought this would be easy because you're a girl."

And that's all I'm saying.

Just trying to help look out for the ladies bc I'm just a chivalrous guy.
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #115
Brandonmos

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Name:  escalate.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  3.9 KB
Old 08-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #116
kmmink

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS/GFX CRT/Beige A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Nobody is saying that a female is not capable... most (including me) are saying that Dealers are going to take far more liberty in trying to rip of a female, just as the vast majority of auto mechanics will do. They could make my mom pay $500 for a refurbished 18- volt Fetzer Valve, but if they tried that with me, there's going to be a different ending to the story. Dealerships every unfair disadvantage they think they can identify, and, unfortunately, many are sexist. They will also do everything they can to rip off elderly people (they SCREWED my grandfather), or even males who have that blank and clueless look on their face (that was me a few years ago... damn they got me good. I'm still pissed).
And what I am saying is that a dealer can try to rip anyone off, but if you go in having done your homework and well prepared, then no one can take advantage of you. Has absolutely nothing to do with being male or FEMALE.

I'm a 5', 100lb female and no one is going to take advantage of me. They can try, but it's not going to happen. I research the hell out of all big purchases that I make and don't do impulse buying.
kmmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #117
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmmink View Post
And what I am saying is that a dealer can try to rip anyone off, but if you go in having done your homework and well prepared, then no one can take advantage of you. Has absolutely nothing to do with being male or FEMALE.

I'm a 5', 100lb female and no one is going to take advantage of me. They can try, but it's not going to happen. I research the hell out of all big purchases that I make and don't do impulse buying.
Um...no offense but some women are in denial. Car dealerships have preyed upon women since forever. How do you think that reputation is soo prevalent? It's isn't a rumor or a myth...it is a fact. Nobody is saying that every woman is going to get ripped off. And nobody is saying that men don't get ripped off either. But it is an absolute fact. It has even been proven and written about numerous times. Women (and minorities for that matter) tend to pay higher prices for cars. So every female out there who this doesn't apply to does not need to get up in arms because most of us guys don't agree with such discrimination. But to act like it doesn't happen because it doesn't happen to you particularly is just denying the fact that there are millions of women who this happens to constantly.

Salesmen who get commission will take advantage of anyone they see as an easy target. And the statistics show them which group is more susceptible. I think the trend is dying off somewhat, but the stigma is there because the pre-dominantly male dealerships and salesmen have earned it over the decades.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #118
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Ariana.....we need an update. What's the dealer saying now?
Hopefully she took the car back, got her money back, and is at a different dealer signing on a killer deal as we speak!!
Old 08-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #119
Quackersacker

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
I always negotiate the best deal I can for a car, then negotiate the best rates I can for a car when I go to the finance office.
When I went to pick up my camaro had the deal all done. 0% interest couldnt do any better then that. Was also told I would get the rebates, took the car done to 38,500 or there abouts. Went to sign papers and saleman says that they made a mistake and I could have either 0 or rebates. I turned bright red, ended up walking out, but in their defense they did the right thing and I now own my car.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #120
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Woah...you payed wayyyy to much. Give them the car back like...right now.
And then start throwing all kinds of assorted fruits and vegetables at the saleman lol. J/k...but seriously I would let them have it back. That's alot for a base LT.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #121
kmmink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Um...no offense but some women are in denial. Car dealerships have preyed upon women since forever. How do you think that reputation is soo prevalent? It's isn't a rumor or a myth...it is a fact. Nobody is saying that every woman is going to get ripped off. And nobody is saying that men don't get ripped off either. But it is an absolute fact. It has even been proven and written about numerous times. Women (and minorities for that matter) tend to pay higher prices for cars. So every female out there who this doesn't apply to does not need to get up in arms because most of us guys don't agree with such discrimination. But to act like it doesn't happen because it doesn't happen to you particularly is just denying the fact that there are millions of women who this happens to constantly.

Salesmen who get commission will take advantage of anyone they see as an easy target. And the statistics show them which group is more susceptible. I think the trend is dying off somewhat, but the stigma is there because the pre-dominantly male dealerships and salesmen have earned it over the decades.
Um...I'm not in denial and I'm not saying or acting like it doesn't happen...anyone can be taken advantage of - if they allow it to happen.

The OP was asking what she should do. Some think she overpaid and should let the dealer take it back. Some think she should try to keep the LT, but not sign anything new or give them any additional money.

It's ultimately her decision and she is the one that has to live with it.

Either way, she should post her experience with that dealer here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621
Old 08-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #122
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
Quote:

You will never get through to some. Warn them. Let them go on in denial and get ripped off.
SSBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #123
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Um...I'm not in denial and I'm not saying or acting like it doesn't happen...anyone can be taken advantage of - if they allow it to happen.

The OP was asking what she should do. Some think she overpaid and should let the dealer take it back. Some think she should try to keep the LT, but not sign anything new or give them any additional money.

It's ultimately her decision and she is the one that has to live with it.

Either way, she should post her experience with that dealer here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621
I totally agree. And she should call the dealer General Manager and tell him what happened.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #124
kmmink

Quote:
I totally agree. And she should call the dealer General Manager and tell him what happened.
Yep...maybe one of the GM reps on this site has already contacted her and is taking care of things for her.

This looks like one of the shady dealers that slipped through the cracks when so many were shut down.

Would definitely not do any further business with them including service.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #125
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Yep...maybe one of the GM reps on this site has already contacted her and is taking care of things for her.

This looks like one of the shady dealers that slipped through the cracks when so many were shut down.

Would definitely not do any further business with them including service.
It may not seem right but unfortunately there is really nothing shady about it. And this really has nothing to do with GM as they have zero to do with the financing.

With that said I would not consider this a good business practice as most dealers rely in return buyers and referrals, not going to get many doing things like this. Dealers like this are only think of the current sale and not the long term effect.

I wish I lived closer to the OP, I'd go with her to the dealer and have this straighten out in 5 minutes.

Personally I'd drive that car back to the dealer faster then I drove it away from the dealer.

Sent from my 2LT/RS using Tapatalk

Last edited by nyrfan; 08-28-2012 at 01:03 PM.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #126
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post

I even had a salesman once tell me "and I thought this would be easy because you're a girl."

I prefer "easy girls"...................
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote