Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #1
solteroblues

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS IBM
Couple of questions regarding TORQUE and air temps

Ok, so I have my mace 25mm spacer and Vararam intake installed, so I was looking at air temps using my TORQUE app. It doesn't make any sense. The temp shown on my radio said 55 this morning, the local weather said it was 55, so that seemed accurate. I was reading the ambient air temp and intake air temp on TORQUE, and I was getting that it was 50.8 ambient with a 60.8 air intake. When I was sitting still, the air intake went up to about 70-75, which seems reasonable, but I don't understand why it's telling me the ambient air temp is 50 on the app, but everything else says 55. The 60.8 temp on the air intake was nearly constant the whole time during the 40 mile commute to work, other than in stop and go.

What is TORQUE monitoring for ambient air temp, and why is it different from what the radio shows? Even if it were reading a more accurate 55, should the intake temp be 5-6 degrees warmer with the VARARAM?
solteroblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I have both the Vararam and the Torque app. Love them both.

I have never tried the ambient air temp monitor, but I do have the air intake temp set up to be monitored. It usually reads between 2 - 5 degrees higher than what is shown on the radio, or higher if you are sitting still which is completely normal.

Not really sure why the Torque ambient temps are off.