Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

View Poll Results: Should "pre-order" cars be built now before all others?
Yes- I agree 204 87.18%
No- I disagree 30 12.82%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #799
John Farnen

Drives: 1969 RSSS Convertable
My dealer, McClinton Chevrolet is excellant and keep me informed with each update they get, only problem - they can only tell us what is passed on to them. The original preorder did not specify a build date, but I would expect the cars to go to the dealers in approx the order of being built. There are different allotments based on sales etc. The only thing I am complaining about is why are cars produced 4 weeks after mine and others for sale while mine sits in the land of Oz? I was at a dealer 30 min from mine today, they had a V6 and 2SS, both yellow, the 2SS would be a clone to mine except it wasn't an RS. Other than that, it was the same. They are selling at 5K over, but did offer it to me at 4k over. It's vin was over 5000 after mine. @ 200 per day, that makes it about 5 weeks newer than mine. Why is it there? The dealer ordered it for themselves, received it this week along with the V6. My dealer had to buy 4 Impalas from another dealer to get a V6 as a demo. None of this makes sense to me. I knew that dealer cars, rental and others would be mixed with preorders, that's OK, but why are the early builds not shipped? QA issues, build a car from scratch in a couple of days, but it takes 6 weeks and counting to fix one! All we want is an ETA and status.
John Farnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #800
CSams

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS
What is gping on?

I keep reading that you don't want to piss off GM or your dealer. Has everyone forgot, you are the customer? GM has made you all feel like they are doing you a favor. Other car companies keep you informed all the way and it is no bother to call and ask questions. Stop giving GM the power to shut you out. You are paying them big dollars, they need you to stay in business. Make them accountable to you, the paying customer. My opinion.
CSams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:04 PM   #801
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Fritz Henderson will be holding a Q&A session for 30 minutes this Monday. Much more appropriate then logging a complaint with the BBB.

http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/archives...on_monday.html
Old 05-09-2009, 06:03 PM   #802
Cam10RS

Drives: Camaro 2LT RS
For your Information!

To the ones that believes or accept (something) as true; feel sure of the truth as One that search for it can find it.

So, after saying that, I like to inform you of this. The word is that they are going to start filling all pre-orders first now.
3100, Order available to sequence
3300, Order scheduled for production
3400, Order broadcast-- 09/14/09
3800, Order produced. VIN# 9/22/09
4000, Available to ship
4104, Bailment Invoice
4200, Shipped
4300, Intermediate Delivery
4B00, Bayed
5000, Delivered to the dealer. 9/27/09
6000, Delivered to the customer. 9/29/09
Cam10RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:18 PM   #803
Cam10RS

Drives: Camaro 2LT RS
Thats how you get things done, They need you (us) to survive like any business, so think about it, would you buy a computer and wait 8 months to receive it?
I have ran a business when I was younger, and learned a lot about the power of the consumer and in great numbers, believe me they will listen.
3100, Order available to sequence
3300, Order scheduled for production
3400, Order broadcast-- 09/14/09
3800, Order produced. VIN# 9/22/09
4000, Available to ship
4104, Bailment Invoice
4200, Shipped
4300, Intermediate Delivery
4B00, Bayed
5000, Delivered to the dealer. 9/27/09
6000, Delivered to the customer. 9/29/09
Cam10RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:34 PM   #804
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam10RS View Post
To the ones that believes or accept (something) as true; feel sure of the truth as One that search for it can find it.

So, after saying that, I like to inform you of this. The word is that they are going to start filling all pre-orders first now.
Ok, I'll bite. Where'd this info come from?
Old 05-09-2009, 07:52 PM   #805
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
You don't know where "the word" comes from?

SPILL IT, Cam10RS!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:22 AM   #806
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
LIVE call is happening now!!

http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/
Old 05-11-2009, 09:32 AM   #807
rcphotography
Photographer Chick

Drives: '10 SS IOM- SOUL SHAKER
Oh my -I wonder how many of us are trying to post questions about the Camaro?! lol
Old 05-11-2009, 06:01 PM   #808
PatrickfromMD

Drives: Buick Enclave/Corvette/2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitboy View Post
I do not think posting negative comments to the BBB on GM is the proper way to address this problem. The BBB is like a court of last resort when you have been stuck with a product that did not perform properly, or have been ripped off by the manufacturer in another way causing financial loss. Its a way to inform potential customers that it is not safe to deal with a particular business, and applies more to an individual dealer than the manufacturer in this case. But only if the dealer is guilty of unethical business practices (like ordering a car in your name, guaranteeing MSRP, and then selling it to someone else for a higher price).

I'm not happy about the way GM is treating us pre order customers either in respect to the order the cars are being built, but it really does not fall in the catagory of a BBB complaint. I doubt it could even be a valid class action suit. A basis for a financial loss would be subjective at best and based on each individual circumstance and would not be collectible after they declare bankrupsy anyway. And GM is doing the best they can to avoid giving us an inferior or unsafe product.

I think we're all stuck in the same boat, and if you want to jump overboard the dealer will give you your deposit back. I'm torn between waiting and buying a used XXXXX car instead too. And has been said so many time before, much of this pain and the individual problems caused by these delays could be avoided by a few simple statements and status updates by GM. I guess its just not a good time for them to be making many statements with all that is going on.

A good lawyer would probably be telling GM to just keep their mouth shut right now. And GM is known for listening to their lawyers......
I respect your opinion, but I would not characterize the BBB as the court of last resort. I do work with a great many businesses, and have used the BBB effectively on several occasions.
They are a 3rd party intermediately with now actual authority to make a company do anything (unless the company is a contracted member with GM is not)
You can tell a great deal about how a company will respond by reviewing their report verses those of other companies.
GMs report indicates they will review the complaint and respond. Isn’t that what many of us are trying to achieve.
They might even provide some meaningful information. They will definitely record the complaint and it might help them better plan in the future.
If they agree that they could have managed this better we might see some sort of customer retention incentive.
I can tell you one thing, 48 house after submitting my complaint, I finally moved from the status I had been for the last 7 weeks.
Maybe a coincidence. I made my order on the 1st day with the desire of having my Camaro on my 25 HS reunion which happened last week.
I was known for my fbody cars, and I has a bit disappointed to have to show up empty. My buddies that had Mustangs then and mustangs now were there. So we talked about mustangs.

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:43 PM   #809
2LT_Dad

Drives: Lexus
I ordered from Brady Stannard in Brewster because they had an allocation available and were selling at MSRP. They have had the first two selected by GM but my order (3 of 3) sits at 1100.
I called the GM 800 number yesterday and the person I spoke with was livid that my order had not yet been accepted. This GM rep claims to have opened a "file" on my behalf in which GM is going to investigate the dealer to make sure they have not placed later orders ahead of mine.
I spoke with the dealer who said I am in the system and it is now a matter of GM pulling it from the queue to be built.
2LT_Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:00 PM   #810
detroitboy
Pinholic

Drives: 11 Silverado, 08 Shelby GT500 Conv.
I don't see where giving GM a black eye in the files of the BBB for not building a car for you that has the potential to catch on fire makes sense. As Spock would say "that is not logical". Therefore GM has an "out" in this matter. Your order is delayed so that GM can make changes or additions to build car properly, and the BBB is does not have the authority to intervene in that process or speed it up. Therefore whoever takes your complaint can do nothing but put your complaint in the file and tell the public later that they had "X" amount of complaints against GM for not producing the product in a timely manner.
Now if you were to be making a complaint to the BBB over a dealer having put orders in for manufacturing that were placed after you placed your order that would be the type of complaint the BBB is there for. If you were making a complaint against GM for building you a car that was unsafe, not reliable etc the BBB would also be the correct path for correction/restitution on that.
I just don't see the sense of wasting the time of the BBB for an issue that they have no control over. Stop in thieir office and you will find they are extremely overworked and understaffed (I've been there on a quality issue on a car recently). The attorneys that mediate the cases do this on a voluntary basis pro bono per what they told me.

ordered 01/19/07
3000 - 2/27/09
3400 - 3/27/09
3800 - 4/17/09 (built and lost in the vortex)
ship date ??????? (I gave up and got a GT500)
5/11/09 - order cancelled
5/27/09 - vehicle arrived at dealership for whoever bought it after me
detroitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:03 PM   #811
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Fritz Henderson will be holding a Q&A session for 30 minutes this Monday. Much more appropriate then logging a complaint with the BBB.

http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/archives...on_monday.html
I called his office today and after 30 min of the run around and no help i told hes office good luck finding a new job.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:19 AM   #812
getoverit

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
I called his office today and after 30 min of the run around and no help i told hes office good luck finding a new job.
I am sure he is now terrified.
getoverit is offline   Reply With Quote