Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #981
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
will the runs be posted
Old 08-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #982
FFPM73
Firefighter/Paramedic

Drives: RJT 2SS/RS M6 LS-3
I was originally scheduled for Friday AM but due to family issues I was not able to make it till Saturday. I talked with Rob at Pedders about it prior to the fest and he understood and told me to come Saturday. With that said, I may have taken some time/runs from people and for that I apologize. Basically in a nut shell we were with grandpa (he lives in Hilton Head) and he is down too months/days of living. Back to the racing, due to my issue, I only got 2 races, they were running 45-60min behind. I did work the corners as asked and also helped take down the track. If anybody is wondering why guys not scheduled for Saturday showed up and got to race, I am one of them. Sorry I took your race/time but I had a blast and met a lot of good guys and am very proud to be a C5 member.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #983
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Well I worked the Friday AM session and run in a local AutoX where I live so I will comment. The people who ran in Fridays AM session really got the shaft. The timer was not working so hardly any runs were kept track of. This happens everywhere and sometimes can not be avoided. When I ran in the Friday PM session my first run was not timed and my next two were. I was to tired after that to do any more.
This was a huge undertaking done by volunteers. I feel they did the best they could under the circumstances. Each session ran smoother than the one before. One of the concerns I had was that as I was assigned a number they did not take any of my information ( name or screen name) how was I to know I was eligible to run in the Saturday PM session? Also I would suggest that the sessions be broken down into smaller sub sections, i.e. stock, modified, etc, of about 10-15 cars. Let that sub section run three runs then work corners while the next sub section runs and so on. The good news is the people who volunteered to work the whole AutoX this year have volunteered to offer their services again next year. This will make the process better especially as this event grows. There will always be growing pains especially if we do this some place differing every year.
I for one want to thank Norm, Pete and Bruce and all the others who sacrificed there time and effort to make this possible.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #984
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
I gotta say I was pretty disappointed with the autocross. I was scheduled for the fri afternoon session but showed up for the early session and offered to help but was told none was needed then asked again after the course walk. I drove a thousand miles for this btw and got 4 runs. On Saturday am I asked about times and how the afternoon fast group was going to be picked or find out if I qualified and nobody knew. I went over to the vendor area for a little while then come back and see cars lined up. When I ask if this was the fast group I was told yes and we're the fast group because " they thought they were fast". WTH. I helped with the cleanup and walked away disappointed. My suggestion would be to get rid of the timing all together if it is having that many issues. Just go have fun especially if the times are not shared.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #985
5THGENRS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT RS, 08 IOM G8 GT, 87ta
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
Well I worked the Friday AM session and run in a local AutoX where I live so I will comment. The people who ran in Fridays AM session really got the shaft. The timer was not working so hardly any runs were kept track of. This happens everywhere and sometimes can not be avoided. When I ran in the Friday PM session my first run was not timed and my next two were. I was to tired after that to do any more.
This was a huge undertaking done by volunteers. I feel they did the best they could under the circumstances. Each session ran smoother than the one before. One of the concerns I had was that as I was assigned a number they did not take any of my information ( name or screen name) how was I to know I was eligible to run in the Saturday PM session? Also I would suggest that the sessions be broken down into smaller sub sections, i.e. stock, modified, etc, of about 10-15 cars. Let that sub section run three runs then work corners while the next sub section runs and so on. The good news is the people who volunteered to work the whole AutoX this year have volunteered to offer their services again next year. This will make the process better especially as this event grows. There will always be growing pains especially if we do this some place differing every year.
I for one want to thank Norm, Pete and Bruce and all the others who sacrificed there time and effort to make this possible.
+1
I defiantly want to thank Pedders and all the volunteers that put this on and made it happen, despite some of the issues that happen and some things that could of been done differently, their efforts have to be acknowledged. Thanks
2500 = Preferenced (1/12/2010)
3000 = Accepted by Production (1/13/2010) TPW = (2/8/2010)
3100 = Sequenced (1/29/2010)
3300 = Scheduled (1/29/2010)
3400 = Broadcast (1/29/2010)
3800 = Produced (2/10/2010) VIN # 2G1FG1EVXA9192608
4150 = Invoiced (2/11/2010)
4200 = Shipped (2/12/2010)
5000 = Delivered to Dealer (2/24/2010)
6000 = Delivered to Customer (3/1/2010)
5THGENRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #986
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingraye View Post
I'm pretty upset with how the autocross was operated for the Sat AM session. The group that started going first (the scheduled AM session) was only allowed to make 3 runs before we were stopped and they started running the second line of cars which were cars that ran yesterday and already had gotten 6-7 runs on friday! Then after the second group ran, they shut down for lunch and that was it for the AM session! All 3 of my runs took place n 45 minutes, we were moving through pretty quickly. I don't understand why we were stopped after only 3 runs and the cars who already had gone yesterday got to make more runs. I didn't do any drag racing, so I paid $80 as a driver + $20 admission, and only got to do 3 runs. I love to autocross and I was just getting a good feel of the track and am upset I didn't get more of an opportunity than that. If I make it to the fest next year, I likely won't be racing at all. Can't justify $80 for something like that.
Unlike the drag strip where the course is in place, the timing gear is in place wired up and the facility employed track staff work the event, the C5FEST AC is run by 100% UNPAID VOLUNTEERS and we start from scratch every time the fest moves. These are TERRIFIC PEOPLE are members of the C5 forum that PAID their expenses to come to C5FEST so YOU can run on an autocross course. They worked 11 hours on Friday and 8 hours on Saturday, paid their own expenses are exhausted today. I am sure they feel much better after reading your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5THGENRS View Post
(+1)
I hate to gripe but hes right and we didnt even start til sometime after 11am, 2+ hrs late.
From what i read you were in a group session: fri am, fri pm, sat am, and sat pm. Not sure why people from fri either am or pm were running in our time slot on sat am? We should of been allowed to run longer especially when most of us were there at 8am and people were just starting to arrive to set things up at 9am when thats when we were suppose to start.
Did some stay up to late partying?
Late? Late by what measure?

We have asked, asked, asked and asked for those that want to participate in the Autocross to complete their paper work ONLINE. Less than half the participants, less than half of the drivers that ran autocross completed registration online. Tell me again who it it is that was late?

Did any of the autocross VOLUNTEERS complain that the pre-registrations were not complete? Did they complain that the driver's were not at their car at the appropriate time? Did the C5 MEMBERS than VOLUNTEERED complain when driver's did not promptly follow instructions to the letter?

Your comments are not directed at the paid staff of a track. They are directed at C5 members, people like you, that were working hard so you could play.

I must have missed the part where you thanked the Autocross Expert that directed you through the course walk or the volunteers that stood out in the hot sun picking up cones or the way the entire AC TEAM bent over backwards extending the total number of cars from 100 to 125 to 150...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy SATX View Post
The Friday AM group got anywhere from 3-5 runs. The timer had malfunctioned so several runs were not timed thus allowing for more runs (no stoppage for timer issues since it was a non-stop issue). The make up session allowed for people to get proper recorded times. The late start can be attributed to the members who were late or didn't show up when they had volunteered and staff making amends for the short-handed workers. Autocross isn't show up, run and go home. It is show up help set up, work and stand corners as well as run With about 200 or so entries you are going to average 3 runs if some got more they were lucky. Most runs you see at a local SCCA is about 5 depending on turn out. So with about 75% of the entries this year totally novice there were going to be bumps and delays. Timer issues are part of the process. They are obviously vital but can be glitchy. "That being said..." (heard that somewhere hmmmm) yes there were spots it can be smoothed out. Each heat got more efficient and organized. For a group of people many of which were strangers on day one to pull this off is pretty tough but they did it. I would like to thank those who volunteered and then did show up for their times. Those of you who stood corners were a great help. I had great fun, met some great people and saw (and learned from) some amazing drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Before anyone complains too much... first, make certain you helped with the operation of the course. If you did, please give constructive feedback on how it could be improved next year.

If you ran but didn't assist.... STFU. You have no right to complain.

The entry fee goes toward the facility rental for the weekend, not auto-x staffing. Everyone knew since the beginning their help would be needed to make it work.

This is done just once a year, it isn't operated by a professional staff, it's operated by volunteers, with the help of Pete and his crew to try and smooth out the bumps. (I don't even want to know how much cash Pete spent to furnish materials for the AC... )

Since it's fresh in everyone's heads, make a list of those who helped, they get priority next year. Those who ran but conveniently forgot to help, you can have an opportunity to redeem yourselves next year by staffing the course the morning of the first day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
OK, i kinda agree with each of the last posts, only because I got to do a few runs "after hours" on Friday night. Which were my best runs.

I also appreciate what everyone did to help, BUT...
I came around FRIDAY AFTERNOON and was asking people questions about how things were going, process, if they needed help, etc. and all I got was short and rude answers of "you will find out everything in your drivers meeting". Which start over an hour later than it was was supposed to, and ALL the morning people were there waiting on time of a half hour +/- 5 minutes.

I have no idea how the other two went, but it was not the drivers fault then, It was the drivers fault when they didn't have their cars cleaned out like they should have, like they were told.

If I only got the 3 runs I did Saturday morning, for the $80, I think I would have been a little salty to. Then, I did work the corners after I made my three runs. The other drivers should NOT have taken from our driving session time. People should have had to work friday corners if they were driving on saturday and the other way around.

Again, thanks for everyone who helped with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFPM73 View Post
I was originally scheduled for Friday AM but due to family issues I was not able to make it till Saturday. I talked with Rob at Pedders about it prior to the fest and he understood and told me to come Saturday. With that said, I may have taken some time/runs from people and for that I apologize. Basically in a nut shell we were with grandpa (he lives in Hilton Head) and he is down too months/days of living. Back to the racing, due to my issue, I only got 2 races, they were running 45-60min behind. I did work the corners as asked and also helped take down the track. If anybody is wondering why guys not scheduled for Saturday showed up and got to race, I am one of them. Sorry I took your race/time but I had a blast and met a lot of good guys and am very proud to be a C5 member.
I may be completely wrong, but the Camaro5 community has been a neighborhood inhabited by family and friends. I could feel that in our After Action Review. When the rain shut everything down on Saturday, the Autocross volunteers were locked up in my room WORKING. We made our list based on our experiences and our guest's comments. As beat-up and tired as they all were, every single dedicated manager from the AC TEAM committed to the same function and same work load for C5FEST4. I sincerely hope that the comments made on this page encourage them to continue to work harder so the AC gets better every year.

To my AC TEAM: You guys are absolutely AWESOME! We took a blank sheet of paper with newly purchased equipment and created a great event. I loved working with you and wish that C5FEST IV was staring next week. Great Job! Exceptionally well done. I cannot thank you enough.

If there are any other issues with the AC you feel need to be addressed direct your comments to me and me alone. I was the man in charge. I am the one that disappointing you. I regret you were less than thrilled with the event and want a refund email me at PGB@PeddersUSA.com.

My comments are not directed specifically at those that have posted. It is my frustration with the lack of gratitude toward the volunteers that make this possible. Take my word on this. You have no idea how hard the AC TEAM works. I get thanked constantly for doing this. Melanie had it right. I am a figurehead. The AC TEAM does all the work.

I have very strong feelings on where C5FEST IV should be held and how we can reduce the work load on my AC TEAM and the C5 Moderators for C5FEST IV. They will improve the guest experience while reducing stress and workloads for the volunteers.

The AC was an incredible success. We almost tripled the number of drivers participating in the AC. The smiles we see on the faces of the drivers keeps us going. We are already planning C5FEST IV AC to be smoother, handle more carss and deliver more runs. See you at XXXXXXXXXXXXXX for C5FEST IV on &&&&&&&&&&
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #987
Bad70supreme

Drives: 2010 aqua blue SS/RS M6
The ABM with the flowmasters dumped, white strips in the second vid is me. Nice, I just wish some one had my 3rd run, that looked like my first, was slow! My first was a 44, second was 41 sec, my 3rd was a 40.2 and had first gear ripping! That was so fun, stupid rain killed the rest of the day and never got another chance. Definitely hooked on autocross now.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #988
Bad70supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingraye View Post
I'm pretty upset with how the autocross was operated for the Sat AM session. The group that started going first (the scheduled AM session) was only allowed to make 3 runs before we were stopped and they started running the second line of cars which were cars that ran yesterday and already had gotten 6-7 runs on friday! Then after the second group ran, they shut down for lunch and that was it for the AM session! All 3 of my runs took place n 45 minutes, we were moving through pretty quickly. I don't understand why we were stopped after only 3 runs and the cars who already had gone yesterday got to make more runs. I didn't do any drag racing, so I paid $80 as a driver + $20 admission, and only got to do 3 runs. I love to autocross and I was just getting a good feel of the track and am upset I didn't get more of an opportunity than that. If I make it to the fest next year, I likely won't be racing at all. Can't justify $80 for something like that.
I agree, I was very upset! I did drag on Friday and that got messed up because they never did a class race, then we got screwed on Saterday because these guys got to run again and we got rained out! I am so disappointed I only got 3 runs, if I would have known I would have never did drag on Friday!
Old 08-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #989
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Unlike the drag strip where the course is in place, the timing gear is in place wired up and the facility employed track staff work the event, the C5FEST AC is run by 100% UNPAID VOLUNTEERS and we start from scratch every time the fest moves. These are TERRIFIC PEOPLE are members of the C5 forum that PAID their expenses to come to C5FEST so YOU can run on an autocross course. They worked 11 hours on Friday and 8 hours on Saturday, paid their own expenses are exhausted today. I am sure they feel much better after reading your post.

We have asked, asked, asked and asked for those that want to participate in the Autocross to complete their paper work ONLINE. Less than half the participants, less than half of the drivers that ran autocross completed registration online. Tell me again who it it is that was late?

Did any of the autocross VOLUNTEERS complain that the pre-registrations were not complete? Did they complain that the driver's were not at their car at the appropriate time? Did the C5 MEMBERS than VOLUNTEERED complain when driver's did not promptly follow instructions to the letter?

Your comments are not directed at the paid staff of a track. They are directed at C5 members, people like you, that were working hard so you could play.

I must have missed the part where you thanked the Autocross Expert that directed you through the course walk or the volunteers that stood out in the hot sun picking up cones or the way the entire AC TEAM bent over backwards extending the total number of cars from 100 to 125 to 150...

I may be completely wrong, but the Camaro5 community has been a neighborhood inhabited by family and friends. I could feel that in our After Action Review. When the rain shut everything down on Saturday, the Autocross volunteers were locked up in my room WORKING. We made our list based on our experiences and our guest's comments. As beat-up and tired as they all were, every single dedicated manager from the AC TEAM committed to the same function and same work load for C5FEST4. I sincerely hope that the comments made on this page encourage them to continue to work harder so the AC gets better every year.

To my AC TEAM: You guys are absolutely AWESOME! We took a blank sheet of paper with newly purchased equipment and created a great event. I loved working with you and wish that C5FEST IV was staring next week. Great Job! Exceptionally well done. I cannot thank you enough.

If there are any other issues with the AC you feel need to be addressed direct your comments to me and me alone. I was the man in charge. I am the one that disappointing you. I regret you were less than thrilled with the event and want a refund email me at PGB@PeddersUSA.com.

My comments are not directed specifically at those that have posted. It is my frustration with the lack of gratitude toward the volunteers that make this possible. Take my word on this. You have no idea how hard the AC TEAM works. I get thanked constantly for doing this. Melanie had it right. I am a figurehead. The AC TEAM does all the work.

I have very strong feelings on where C5FEST IV should be held and how we can reduce the work load on my AC TEAM and the C5 Moderators for C5FEST IV. They will improve the guest experience while reducing stress and workloads for the volunteers.

The AC was an incredible success. We almost tripled the number of drivers participating in the AC. The smiles we see on the faces of the drivers keeps us going. We are already planning C5FEST IV AC to be smoother, handle more carss and deliver more runs. See you at XXXXXXXXXXXXXX for C5FEST IV on &&&&&&&&&&
Pete, the fact is, NONE of our sponsors work harder and spend more (time and money) to be a part of the Fest than you and your team does.

I know you well enough to know that you've been a business man your entire life. Most business men who are exposed to so many potential customers do every thing they can to make money... Not lose it... I know this was a costly event for you. I also know that Camaro5 and Pedders work hard to try and mitigate as much of that cost as possible.

So, Sir, with all due respect. We'll be refunding money if people are not able to reconcile the cost against the experience...

We are endebted to you. You have commited your company and staff to the future of the Fest and we can't thank you enough.

We are going to have to give some hard thought to settling in to a multi track rotation, instead of reinventing the wheel over and over again.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #990
Bad70supreme

I do want to say though, you guys worked very hard on this. I personally want to thank you for the best time I ever had in my car even though it was very short lived... and I am sure it's not easy to put things together like this. I hope I can make next year, and I will help in any way possible.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #991
5THGENRS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT RS, 08 IOM G8 GT, 87ta
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

we were suppose to start running at 9:15 if i read that correctly.
I cant speak for everyone especially when you guys set up the online registration to make things easier but my party completed our forms online and on time.

You did miss it, here it is right before your post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5THGENRS View Post
+1
I defiantly want to thank Pedders and all the volunteers that put this on and made it happen, despite some of the issues that happen and some things that could of been done differently, their efforts have to be acknowledged. Thanks
My comments and complaints are based on constructive feedback. Just pointing out what happen and what i saw.
No offence intended JusticePete especially after sponsoring the event and standing up for me
2500 = Preferenced (1/12/2010)
3000 = Accepted by Production (1/13/2010) TPW = (2/8/2010)
3100 = Sequenced (1/29/2010)
3300 = Scheduled (1/29/2010)
3400 = Broadcast (1/29/2010)
3800 = Produced (2/10/2010) VIN # 2G1FG1EVXA9192608
4150 = Invoiced (2/11/2010)
4200 = Shipped (2/12/2010)
5000 = Delivered to Dealer (2/24/2010)
6000 = Delivered to Customer (3/1/2010)
5THGENRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #992
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad70supreme View Post
I do want to say though, you guys worked very hard on this. I personally want to thank you for the best time I ever had in my car even though it was very short lived... and I am sure it's not easy to put things together like this. I hope I can make next year, and I will help in any way possible.
Thank You

We KNOW what went wrong because my AC TEAM listened to our driver's and understood your frustrations. They felt we let you down. We did and didn't. If we knew then what we know now, we failed. We didn't and made the best chicken salad we could for you.

You have no idea how hard we will work to improve the driver experience for C5FEST IV. It won't be perfect. It will be better............................................ ............... unless we try to run 350 cars
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #993
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray 3LT Z51
I think we had close to 50 drivers PER HEAT Friday. At our local events we get that per DAY and still average 5 runs if we are lucky. And yea our timer geeks up too. So double the turn out and you can see 3-5 runs at best. I think we as a whole had decent times for the volume of people that ran. I learned more standing around talking than I did running. (Seeing as I averaged only 39 seconds to learn lol). This is autocross. It is a dedicated group run by enthusiasts. Run some when you get home and be a part of the help next year. Thanks again to all and I enjoyed meeting so many great people. I will be there next year if my job permits. I will help in any way needed. If I am lucky I will be running a 1LE.
Synergy SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #994
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

..........We are endebted to you. You have commited your company and staff to the future of the Fest and we can't thank you enough.

Well said...

And a big KUDOS to Garcmol and his team for VOLUNTEERING their time

..... did they at least get a run or two in?