Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-30-2009, 10:26 AM   #981
CALMDOWN

Drives: silverado
I'm tired of waiting My dealership is lying to me one week I'm at 3400 the next 3300 should be produced soon. So I've started looking for a car and found one at, Hudiburg Chevrolet, Midwest City, OK $7000.00 over MSRP on RJT, 2SS. So you can add them to the list. Also Jim Trenary in St. Luois $5,000.00 over MSRP.

NFKHB4.
CALMDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:21 AM   #982
SLVR2010

Drives: 2010 SLVR Camaro (On Order)
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, I found it while searching for the reason why dealers were trying to I thought "rip me off". Me and my wife went to the localer dealer we have bought our last 3 cars from and they were telling us that the camaro's were 5k over sticker. We about pee'd ourselves laughing. We walked out and shopped a few other dealers and found the same thing. After talking to our dealer again they said if we were to put $500 down they would give us MSRP when the car arrives. Now after hearing horror stories we are scared they will try and jack the price up once the car gets here. We are in the Houston area and tried calling Davis Chevrolet which is listed as one of the "good guys" on your other list of dealers charging MSRP or lower. They told me that the market for the Camaro is WELL ABOVE MSRP. So I guess they changed their mind about selling at MSRP. =(
SLVR2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:35 PM   #983
doggggygirl

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Clay Chevrolet & Hyundai
Norwood, MA
on-line 2SS/RS, MN6 w/sunroof for $36,795 (prob. msrp) when I call he quotes me $47,280 he has 2 b crazy!! i ordered the same car(minus roof) for $36,200. I hope it sits there all summer!!

on the other hand my dealership has been awesome. msrp pricing and very nice salesman.
Porthmouth Chevrolet
Newington,NH
Don Bullard, salesman
doggggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:09 PM   #984
jtellez

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Pohanka Chevrolet in Chantilly, VA is charging $10K above MSRP for their Camaros.
jtellez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:21 AM   #985
tukachinchilla

Drives: daily drivers and 1 old muscle
Doug Chevrolet, Akron OH +$4K

Salesman said "Before you ask, they want $4000 over MSRP"

Which, by the way, they have four on the lot, none claimed, for sale......

As of 6/30

....And folks are still waiting?
tukachinchilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #986
TeamTCA

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS #21068
Happy now...

Well after a few calls and the right person talking to who mattered. My dealer, CRAIN CHEVY of LR, AR, honored our deal and sold me my car (#21068) at MSRP. So I picked her up today 1SS/RS SIM. Sweet car. Wait till I get done with it. Good luck to everyone else.
Attached Images

Kenwood Excelon, Rockford Fosgate, JBL, Hertz, Audison, Illusion Audio,
Mosconi, Diamond Audio, Hybrid Audio, WetSounds, & more
TeamTCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:25 PM   #987
polarfire

Drives: Camaro SS
Add Bob McCosh Chevrolet to the list. Located in Columbia, MO (http://www.bobmccoshchevrolet.com/HomePage). $4500 over MSRP on red 2SS. Salesman was a total a**hole too. Said it would be two years before the price would come down. I can't wait to go back in January and laugh in his face!
polarfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:25 PM   #988
LowesChevrolet48

Drives: 1995 Camaro Z/28
price gouging..big time

I'm here visiting family in SO.California and the Chevy dealership near my cousins house added on for the new Camaro SS $7,500. Are you kidding me? The salesman was a complete douche bag,like polar fire stated see we'll in 6 months. I asked the jerk if I could sit inside he said 50k will get you to sit in it. I told the jerk, for your information pal, as a U.S. Taxpayer I OWN 60% of GM, now get the keys and open the door. NO WAY. My girlfriend told him she will be calling GM Monday Morning the customer service division to report this prick and the dealership. I love the looks of the new Camaro, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna dish out $7.5K above the MSRP. I'll gladly wait a year when they have GM employee discounts plus no interest for 60 months.
LowesChevrolet48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:27 PM   #989
Blackwolf

Drives: 02 Grand Prix, 99 Z71 10 SS/RS
Lynch Superstore
2300 Browns Lake Drive
Burlington, WI 53105
Phone: (866) 754-5639

MSRP + $5,000

I was in the area tonight and noticed a Rally Yellow 2SS out in front of the store. I swung in and checked it out. It was a 2SS without the RS package and had polished rims. MSRP was $36,000 and change. LYNCH had an extra $5,000 "Market Adjustment" on the car.

I hope they choke on it!!!!
"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."
Aaron Gold, About.com

Blackwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:01 PM   #990
DrumDawg

Drives: BumbleBee, 67 Firebird,79 Porsche
Bob Steel Chevrolet in Cocoa Florida- $10,000 over retail for a V6! I went in yesterday because they had two (LT1 and LT2). The new car manager didn't know his facts about the options. They had the two cars locked up and would only let you sit inside if you were working a deal. I don't think I'll ever go back in that place.

Second time's a charm! He (manager) flat out lied to me about getting a truck about a year ago. He told me that the only truck in the system that matched what I wanted was located in California and would cost an additional $2500. I guess red, crew cab, chevy 1/2 ton trucks are hard to find? ;0 ( I drove to Orlando and bought one that night from Classic Chevrolet and saved an additional $4000. By the way, I had two bad expirences with O'Donnall Pontiac which is right down the road in Cocoa. Stay away from both of these places in-less you want to be lied to and part with your money! When will these dealers understand that you can't act like this and be a trusted dealer. I have bought two new vehicles with in the last year and neather one was from the local area. I won't buy from dishonest dealers! I sent a order in for my Camaro yesterday.....To a dealer in Alabama!!!!!
DrumDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:15 AM   #991
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
not sure if they're on the list already as it's already 40 pages... but, Hubler Chevrolet in Greenwood, Indiana had a $2k markup on an LT, not sure about the SS but, might be more. They also do not honor employee pricing. And the worst is that the salesmen are amazingly rude and pompous. I will never, EVER, go back there and neither will any of my family or friends. Hope the shmucks that pay the premium overpricing makes up for the lost customers. Jerks.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #992
2LT_Dad

Drives: Lexus
Brady-Stannard PAC surcharge

I ordered my Camaro in November. The dealer stated the cost would be MSRP. Car shows up and I am to take delivery on Thursday, July 2, 2009. I notice that the cost appears to be $1,000 higher than expected. The Sales Manager Nelson DeMelo has decided that all deliveries of Camaros were NOW subject to a PAC ($1,000 on V6; $3,000 on V8). He tells me that ALL Chevy dealers are doing this (hear what we're up against Scotty?).
Now, I don't mind the $1,000. I do mind that I had spoken with Mr. DeMelo on Tuesday June 30 and again the morning of July 2 with no mention of the PAC. If I didn't notice that the cost was higher, I still would be unaware.

Dealer Name: Brady-Stannard
Dealer location: Brewster, NY
Dealer phone number: 845-279-3731
Dealer website: www.bradystannard.com
2LT_Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:30 AM   #993
outlawz

Drives: 1995 Camaro Z28 Drag car
Team Chevrolet in Vallejo CA supposedly has 4 different SS's in stock right now. The guy has been calling me everyday tryin to get me to buy one. Last I heard they are asking 10K over MSRP.... And the funny thing is they got it on at least one cause I saw a black SS with Team Chevrolet temp plates on it driving around the Air Force Base i'm stationed at.... Black automatic SS. And it's weird cause it has halo lights but doesn't have RS rims???? or RS badging....
Old 07-06-2009, 11:35 AM   #994
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawz View Post
Team Chevrolet in Vallejo CA supposedly has 4 different SS's in stock right now. The guy has been calling me everyday tryin to get me to buy one. Last I heard they are asking 10K over MSRP.... And the funny thing is they got it on at least one cause I saw a black SS with Team Chevrolet temp plates on it driving around the Air Force Base i'm stationed at.... Black automatic SS. And it's weird cause it has halo lights but doesn't have RS rims???? or RS badging....
I don't know about the rims but an SS will not have RS badging either way. It will be red SS badging for an RS vs white SS badging for a non-RS.