Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 08-11-2015, 03:01 PM   #43
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Those still wouldn't been enough LOL
Old 08-11-2015, 03:04 PM   #44
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Muscle View Post
He got reckless driving for a little burnout??!! Thats bull crap...
I was going to respond to this, but saw you read more and understood.
Quote:
Holy crap guys relax..wow. Just a burnout. Although he shouldve went to the street to do it and not the host hotel
Yep. Almost his several people in that little turn area. Look how close they were in the video. I crossed that street several times during the night going to dinner as well as MANY other people. High speed passes with all those people is just PLAIN DUMB. I honestly can't believe with all the idiots out there (locals) that came out driving like morons, we didn't have something bad happen. We were lucky...very lucky....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
when the rustangs showed up someone should have called the police right then. we all knew they were up to no good. wish folks could have just chilled out and let the police deal with the mustangs instead.
But this is exactly what happened. As the Mustangs showed up, our host hotel called police to run them off. I know..I talked to the manager who called. She called ON the Mustangs. It was just that once the officers got there, one of ours was out and about acting like a fool. Mustangs started it and one of ours got popped. That's EXACTLY what those @ssholes wanted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
They first said they were just going to give him a hefty ticket, but upon searching the car due to probable cause they took him to jail. The cop said there was no bond and he'd have to see a judge Monday morning. He was out the next day though so I wonder if they just made an example out of him. The cops were cool overall though and real nice. They made sure to keep a squad car in the lot and patrol the area that night and next night. The party was cancelled early Friday night due to night Management calling cops. I am told it was because we were disturbing people that were there not for Camaro Fest, but do not know for sure.
I talked to several of the officers involved. And being an officer back here in San Antonio along with being a Mod and helping to run all the stuff, I naturally went over to chat with everyone. I got to watch the Coban video from one of the officers patrol cars. So not only did I see it from the side of the road like everyone else, I saw it from the officers perspective.

It was nothing about probable cause to search the car. The gun that he had was legal and that wasn't a factor in anything. Once they saw his suspended license, that's an arrestable offense there. They HAD to take him in on that and also went along with reckless driving and evading. None of which are felonies. So lucky him.

One thing is for sure, this is 1st and last we didn't hire security. From all previous Fests, we've been good. Lesson learned. We will have officers from here on out. Ugh...just cost money folks....just costs money (and lots of it to have them there...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfreddie View Post
No doubt in my mind we were being watched over and protected.

Let's face it, we've all made bad decisions, especially when you throw alcohol into the equation. I know for a fact the person driving the Camaro is sorry for what was done. The important thing is, let's ALL learn from it.
AMEN!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 03:13 PM   #45
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Thanks for clearing that up Tag. The officer then said he couldn't tell us why he was taking the driver instead of letting him off with a ticket. I didn't want to spread rumors, but only posted what I heard or saw. I knew it wasn't a gun problem because he had TN tags and KY is a reciprocal state. Also, knew it wasn't a drug problem (felony I believe) so I figured it was either something they cleared up once away from there and away from the large crowd OR an expired license of some kind. I said probable due to I was not in the officers' situation and wasn't sure if he showed any signs of intoxication or under the influence.

I am willing to pay extra for security so young punks like those do not try something like that at our next venue. The fact that they came back the next night and how they acted that night made me feel unsafe about leaving my property outside without me watching. I stayed up and next to my car until the night management asked us to go in for the night.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 03:17 PM   #46
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Pretty stupid around a crowd. And those donuts sucked too.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 03:27 PM   #47
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
I did read the first sentence of your post....I just typed my post in before yours was posted, when I submitted mine both of ours popped up. I realize it was more than just that now and i agree, but dang...everyone lay off me...misunderstanding..
Ah, understood.

I'm just glad nobody was hurt, had a little fun, and we don't have any videos like this for people to use against us...

Old 08-11-2015, 03:59 PM   #48
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Why would these Ford guys show up anyway to agitate? Not justifying what happened or the choices made to respond, but it was the root cause.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 04:12 PM   #49
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
The dodge diesel truck that kept flying up and down the road was really annoying too

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 04:14 PM   #50
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
I tried to talk to the Mustangs at the other end by the convention center to get them to knock it off. it was trouble waiting to happen and I knew it.
When I pulled up to the hotel on Thursday afternoon and saw the two long roads directly in front of the host hotel I said to myself, this is not good, there is going to be some trouble with burnouts and such for guys trying to impress in front of the crowd. The street just begged for that to happen I thought. Sure enough !
All it takes is one or two people to wreck it for the rest of us.
I am in favor of security even if we have to pay a little something extra at the host Hotel for it at Fests. I think it's needed there all night in my opinion.
We are all susceptable to being defined by ONE mistake or lack of good Judgment at any point in our lives. You can wipe out years of good behavior, achievements and character in a fleeting moment. I see this in the law all the time.
I hope it never happens at a fest again.
IT WAS DANGEROUS and put People's SAFETY at risk.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 04:25 PM   #51
xTOXICxDEATHx

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Ed/2014 camaro SS
With no guards to watch over our cars and the mustang asses me and the wife didn't feel like our property was safe so with that said if fest is back in bowling green next year we are sitting that one out
Old 08-11-2015, 04:38 PM   #52
xSSkier874

Drives: 17 Silverado, 99 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by goatslapper View Post
More impressed with the guy who drove the vette backwards through the autocross track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
This!! Because I think he beat my best time. I may have cried a little at that point.
You guy's just made my day after reading all the hate for me having a vette.

On a more serious note though, this is a prime example of what not to do. Leave stuff like this to jealous mustang owners. We all should be above this.
xSSkier874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:05 PM   #53
436SS

Drives: 2010 1SS
I know this young man personally. Trust me, he is very sorry for the choice he made. TAG is dead on with some of his thoughts. I amoung others went to see about bailing him out. You have no idea how remorseful he is. We all know it wasn't the best choice, but is that a reason to condemn him. Its amazing to see so many cast stones as if you have never made a bad choice. And before you weigh the difference, it doesn't matter. One bad choice is just a bad as the next. It's easy to judge, try something more challenging like lifting him up in prayer instead.
436SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:24 PM   #54
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
Thanks for clearing that up Tag. The officer then said he couldn't tell us why he was taking the driver instead of letting him off with a ticket. I didn't want to spread rumors, but only posted what I heard or saw. I knew it wasn't a gun problem because he had TN tags and KY is a reciprocal state. Also, knew it wasn't a drug problem (felony I believe) so I figured it was either something they cleared up once away from there and away from the large crowd OR an expired license of some kind. I said probable due to I was not in the officers' situation and wasn't sure if he showed any signs of intoxication or under the influence.

I am willing to pay extra for security so young punks like those do not try something like that at our next venue. The fact that they came back the next night and how they acted that night made me feel unsafe about leaving my property outside without me watching. I stayed up and next to my car until the night management asked us to go in for the night.
That was what made all the officers very uncomfortable and a few kind of mad. Everyone ran over to see what was going on. I was going to run over there and yell at everyone to get the hell away and I figured...I'm not going to put myself in a situation. I should have, though... what can I say. We'll figure it out next time. Like I said, I've had security at every event. Always been an easy deal and no issues. The first time I don't hire security? Shit.... it hits the fan. Never again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Why would these Ford guys show up anyway to agitate? Not justifying what happened or the choices made to respond, but it was the root cause.
I was told it was the local High School crowd. They all knew we were coming and wanted to screw with us. Again...they did EXACTLY what they wanted to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
The dodge diesel truck that kept flying up and down the road was really annoying too

Ryan
Amen to that! I wanted that jack ass busted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog View Post
I am in favor of security even if we have to pay a little something extra at the host Hotel for it at Fests. I think it's needed there all night in my opinion.
We are all susceptable to being defined by ONE mistake or lack of good Judgment at any point in our lives. You can wipe out years of good behavior, achievements and character in a fleeting moment. I see this in the law all the time.
I hope it never happens at a fest again.
IT WAS DANGEROUS and put People's SAFETY at risk.
Once again...AMEN. We'll make it happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTOXICxDEATHx View Post
With no guards to watch over our cars and the mustang asses me and the wife didn't feel like our property was safe so with that said if fest is back in bowling green next year we are sitting that one out
Please...don't sit a fest out. Like I've said, we'll get security. Personally, I'd LOVE for it to be at BG again next year. I LOVED this city, venues, people, restaurants, EVERYTHING. We'll see...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 436SS View Post
I know this young man personally. Trust me, he is very sorry for the choice he made. TAG is dead on with some of his thoughts. I amoung others went to see about bailing him out. You have no idea how remorseful he is. We all know it wasn't the best choice, but is that a reason to condemn him. Its amazing to see so many cast stones as if you have never made a bad choice. And before you weigh the difference, it doesn't matter. One bad choice is just a bad as the next. It's easy to judge, try something more challenging like lifting him up in prayer instead.
No one has said his name. Everyone knows he f'ed up. While it'll be remembered, no one is going to hate him. As several others have said, it was a learning experience and EVERYONE got lucky with this situation. No one got hurt. Cops are cool with it (they know this shit happens). And at the very end, his lesson and everyone else's was learned. I'll admit it...I wanted to show those f'res up too. I wanted to light my tires right up in front of all of them and spit rubber all over their cars. Did I? Nope. Even with liquid courage I knew better.....But it's easy for others to be tempted. He was and what's done is done. He's not banned from the site. No one is stalking him outside his house to talk crap to him.

But again. Lesson learned and as with the guy in Phoenix, it'll be remembered as what not to do. I can say this....I know for a FACT that he'll never do this again at another Fest! Because that is the !
Old 08-11-2015, 06:36 PM   #55
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 436SS View Post
Oh I've done stupid things. Which is why I'm not condemning the man.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:36 PM   #56
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Oh I've done stupid things. Which is why I'm not condemning the man.