Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 06:03 PM   #197
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
FEMA will be a BIG BIG information day! Lots of accessories to reveal there, and MUCH MUCH MORE NEWS.

They threw in a POLICE PACKAGE plan at the end of the broadcast too!
EDIT: SEMA???

Anyway, I heard that tons of exterior, interior and performance parts will be introduced at SEMA and will be ready for first production. It is, afterall, the official Car of SEMA.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:03 PM   #198
eriksmom98

Drives: 2006 Chevy HHR LS
Send a message via Yahoo to eriksmom98
Police Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
...meaning what, exactly? How will the police package Camaros be equipped?
Okay guys.. I may not know what a shunt is yet, but I can help you out with the police package question.

Now I know this info is on the DODGE.. but it will give you a basic idea.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=120003

Four door marked police cars will usually have a "cage" or metal frame wall separating the front seat from the back. This is for officer safety when transporting bad guys.

Unmarked cars and two door police package vehicles will probably have no cage but will come with a ton of extra blue and reds, which are the flashing lights we hate to see pulling up fast behind us on the highway.

Hope this helps.
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2008, 06:21 PM   #199
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by djm96z28 View Post
And just imagine how much OVER sticker price the dealers will be asking for them when they come out.
I wouldn't know.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:24 PM   #200
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Police Package are cars set up for POLICE use - plain & simple. A market now OWNED by FORD, with Dodge Chargers coming in a fast second....

Don't forget - we were INCHES away from a RWD Impala for 2009 - then it was DROPPED. They decided to stick with the current FWD Impala.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:41 PM   #201
jmliptak

Drives: D
Scotty,

On the chat today it talked about an interior with a neutral option, does that mean the seats are two tone or are they all the neutral color? The best analogy I can give you is the two tone seats that are optional on the 2LT Vette and above, ebony on the edges, tan in the middle...
Old 07-22-2008, 06:47 PM   #202
dadgordon

Drives: "95 grandcherokee/fordminivan
Thanks.

Thanks for the heads-up brother, aside from the tag around 30g's thats my bet. I'll take a gray on black RS or SS in my driveway. :party0038:
Old 07-22-2008, 07:03 PM   #203
Bocephus

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT, Kona, BBP, 3.73
I find it very hard to believe that the SS doesn't run 12s easily.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:06 PM   #204
69copo
Sorry officer

Drives: CTS/V 2SS/RS Collector
Send a message via Yahoo to 69copo
A couple of bits of info:
1: I asked a Cleveland Police officer friend of mine(awhile back) about what makes a police package so different and he told me- A police package usualy consists of a trany cooler, increased radiator capacity and stronger suspension. The undercover or intercept car also has some weight reduction but it is off set by radio and other cop stuff. He has warned me about a couple of unconfirmed reports that a high performance interceptor is comming by next summer. According to him there will be no markings on the car to give it away. Camaro, Vette, Challenger?
2. Anybody who is in or around N.E. Ohio I reccomend going to Dick Bigelow Chevrolet in Parma Hts. I was talking to them after work and asked about a buyers premuim, his response "We have never charged a premium and never will!". Good news for anybody who can get there. Bad news they are not a huge mega dealer so you might not get one on the first day but to save 6-7-8k I think it just might be worth it.

3.75in exhaust. I guess Flowmaster won't be getting any more money from me.

Last edited by 69copo; 07-22-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:38 PM   #205
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmliptak View Post
Scotty,

On the chat today it talked about an interior with a neutral option, does that mean the seats are two tone or are they all the neutral color? The best analogy I can give you is the two tone seats that are optional on the 2LT Vette and above, ebony on the edges, tan in the middle...
I too, am trying to sort out that chat...It was hard to pay attention because all of the questions I already knew the answers for, and all the repeat questions.... WOW...Had these salesmen been reading forums the last 12 months, they would be up to date SO MUCH MORE!
Old 07-22-2008, 07:39 PM   #206
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69copo View Post
A couple of bits of info:
1: I asked a Cleveland Police officer friend of mine(awhile back) about what makes a police package so different and he told me- A police package usualy consists of a trany cooler, increased radiator capacity and stronger suspension. The undercover or intercept car also has some weight reduction but it is off set by radio and other cop stuff. He has warned me about a couple of unconfirmed reports that a high performance interceptor is comming by next summer. According to him there will be no markings on the car to give it away. Camaro, Vette, Challenger?
2. Anybody who is in or around N.E. Ohio I reccomend going to Dick Bigelow Chevrolet in Parma Hts. I was talking to them after work and asked about a buyers premuim, his response "We have never charged a premium and never will!". Good news for anybody who can get there. Bad news they are not a huge mega dealer so you might not get one on the first day but to save 6-7-8k I think it just might be worth it.

3.75in exhaust. I guess Flowmaster won't be getting any more money from me.
It's funny how some people think police packages and police interceptors include some wild modifications to the engine or some huge engine that only police departments can buy, when in actuality they just consist of a standard production engine with the slight mods you listed plus an HD alternator (usually 160-180 amps to handle all the radio, lights, etc.).

I'll have to check Bigelow out. My uncle lives right down Broadview Rd, in Broadview Hts.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:46 PM   #207
itizwhatitiz91

Drives: dont have
is there goiin to be a wiating list for this car
Old 07-22-2008, 07:48 PM   #208
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Quote:
I too, am trying to sort out that chat...It was hard to pay attention because all of the questions I already knew the answers for, and all the repeat questions.... WOW...Had these salesmen been reading forums the last 12 months, they would be up to date SO MUCH MORE!
Old 07-22-2008, 07:54 PM   #209
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
yeah im kinda lost with all these different trims and options right now. until i see it all on paper i dont want to stress about it. theres a 1lt 2lt ss1 and ss2??? where the hell did the ss1 and 2 come from. just tell me what i can get or have with a ss in a 6 spd manual. and i have to have the halos and the concept front bumper!
don't forget about the LS! I think everyone should be greatful for the many options they have in trim levels.

1SS and 2SS is a blessing. For those who want the performance without all the toys, get a 1SS...want options, get the 2SS...

The trailblazer SS has a 1SS and a 2SS trim option

The Z06 has 3 trim levels...1LZ, 2LZ, and 3LZ, Corvette coupes have 4...convertibles have 3 (4 in 09)...

It's just a method GM uses to try to please everyone. This way, it's easier to get just what you want and not much more.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:55 PM   #210
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:

And that's what really irks me about most car salesmen. I know the ones like you and Scotty and a few others who are on this forum are the exception, but I know when I walk into a Chevy dealer I am going to know as much if not more about this Camaro than every single person working at the dealer, from the sales manager to the service manager. You ask your typical Chevy salesman to explain VVT they'll look at you like a deer in headlights, or they'll make stuff up out of their rear end.

And who knows how many of these salesmen understand the importance of the Camaro, it's history and herritage, and how to treat a Camaro customer? Trust me, we Camaro customers aren't looking for a Cobalt, and we aren't undecided on our color and trim when we walk into the dealer. Camaro salesmen should be trained by GM, and should have specific authorization to sell Camaros. Not just on the features, performance, and every detail of the 2010 and beyond, but of the entire history of the car and what it means to America.

This is the last car besides the Corvette that you will find on a Chevy lot with a solid history and legacy over 40 years. Don't let incompetent salesmen ruin it.

Closed Thread