Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-18-2009, 09:18 AM   #71
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
The rear of this car is in one word, "HOT"!!!!!!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:48 AM   #72
TitanTerry

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2LT, RS, ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickerda View Post
Thanks for the pics, both of you, they really show the difference.

~ It's not a car...
~ IT'S A CAMARO!
~

Ordered: 07/02/09
HOME - 9/25/09
TitanTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:23 AM   #73
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
I begged Tom Peters to keep the concept cars' tail lights but obviously, I didn't convince him. I am happy with the look of my RS tails but the concept version is the "true" after-burner look and it represented a new design in tail lights.
That is SUCH a fantastic look; too bad they didn't do it. Looks like they kind of did the opposite on the RS lights, going from light in the center to dark instead of dark in the center going out to light at the edge the way the concept car is.

All we need is an aftermarket company to create tail light lenses that do what the concept car does and I bet they'd sell a ton of them.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #74
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
That is SUCH a fantastic look; too bad they didn't do it. Looks like they kind of did the opposite on the RS lights, going from light in the center to dark instead of dark in the center going out to light at the edge the way the concept car is.
I wonder if it's a matter of legality, making sure that the most red light shows at night. Seems to me that there'd be more red light from the centers than from just the outer edge.

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #75
SuperSport2010

Drives: BMW
The chrome rings around the taillights are one of the best and coolest features of the '10 Camaro. Gives the car a high-end quality look as opposed to the cheapened look that no chrome rings or blacked out or plastic painted rings would provide. A great styling cue from GM which really sets off the back end. I can't imagine why anyone would want to remove the rings or black them out - I mean while we're at it, why not remove those hideous front halos, deactivate the atrocious ambient lighting inside, and also do something to hammer out those funny looking curves and creases in the exterior sheet metal. Neon lighting under the car would then also be a must-have....
SuperSport2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:26 AM   #76
chevy dude

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IBM Camaro
Yep,I didn't like them at first,but they grew on me.I wish GM would have went with a whole retro design of the 69 Camaro in the first place,but too late for that.How-ever the front grille is one area of the car that i would have liked to have changed,to me it looks cheap and "corny"lookin.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:09 PM   #77
Bond
Heritage Hanger

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imfishintx View Post
The 4 taillights appear to be a throwback to the 2nd gen. Camaros. They took cues from both the first and second gen to create the current look.

Keeping The Spirit Alive!
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:34 PM   #78
Krieger

Drives: American Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan-69-Camaro View Post
I really like the new 2010 camaro's, almost every aspect except for the tail lights. I think the design looks like a corvette. I personally think they should have gone with the design like on a 67,68,69. The one piece design tail lights on each side not seperate lights like the vette. I am just wanting to know what you guys think about it.
I questioned the taillights once... I never did again (too many rotten apples on this site, so few of quality).

If you look at the production line photos you can see room for alternate taillights.

You can almost imagine in those summit white production line photos a wrap-around taillight like the 79/84 Camaro's had.

Considering the number of custom jobs people are doing with these cars I'm sure someone will make a total retro front/back kit.

In the end after seeing one in person I've gotten used to the look and think it looks fine. I certainly thought the dual lamps looked nice on my 71 Camaro.

Now the spoiler on the other hand, it needs to be changed out to the SLP version.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:38 PM   #79
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
I love the production taillights, but if an aftermarket company would come out with taillights like I design late last year, then I'll smile
Attached Images

Old 07-18-2009, 01:39 PM   #80
BlackCamaroSS
Old school SS, junior

Drives: Many; all Chevrolet
I've said before, and I'll say it again: I don't love the new lights, but I don't have a huge problem with them either. I also agree with the member that said that the tail lights pay homage to Corvette and second generation Camaro, which is cool. However, the tailights on the silver Camaro above posted by Krieger are awesome! If those become available, I'll be all over them.

I also agree with Krieger about the spoiler.
BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:24 PM   #81
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Camaroman View Post
my 2 cents: I consider myself a decent camaroaholic and the lights look like nothing in the DNA of all other prior Camaros....I did not like them on the first concept and still don't like them now....at all ,even if they were LED
I agree! I didn't like them from the moment I saw them on the first sketch for the showcar and I had to sculpt them for months in the computer and protested the whole time. I don't think they are a pleasing or interesting shape, they don't say Camaro, the chrome is totally out of place (would you stand for a chrome grill?) and they don't even go with the rest of the car and nobody would listen. (you think it's frustrating being on the outside of GM; try being on the inside) I've almost gotten used to them now though and I think they look OK if you take off the chrome rings.

P.S. The RS doesn't have darker lenses.... they are clear on both cars. The RS has the inner housing painted black so it doesn't reflect red everywhere. And they're not LED but I guess they look more like it because of the contrast.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:59 PM   #82
Rockies4

Drives: PT Cruiser 02
I love the RS tail lights. That's what I've ordered.

Rockies4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 03:06 PM   #83
Speedfreak

Drives: 1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krieger View Post
I questioned the taillights once... I never did again (too many rotten apples on this site, so few of quality).

If you look at the production line photos you can see room for alternate taillights.

You can almost imagine in those summit white production line photos a wrap-around taillight like the 79/84 Camaro's had.

Considering the number of custom jobs people are doing with these cars I'm sure someone will make a total retro front/back kit.

In the end after seeing one in person I've gotten used to the look and think it looks fine. I certainly thought the dual lamps looked nice on my 71 Camaro.

Now the spoiler on the other hand, it needs to be changed out to the SLP version.
that is badass.........
Old 07-18-2009, 04:00 PM   #84
MustangSlayer10

Drives: Richland Chevy
In person I was able to tell the rs and non rs tail lights apart. Now when there is just one camaro it's harder to tell. Btw I love the taillights and we will probably see some after market version of the concept taillights at some point in time.
MustangSlayer10 is offline   Reply With Quote