Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-15-2008, 03:05 PM   #15
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Sorry; I missed that post I didn't mean to steal your thunder I just read that post.

Maybe to keep costs down, they are not going to forge everything and have the piston oil squirters and such. If they are all supercharged, and they have the same S/C (CTS-V/Camaro) then maybe different tuning and cams. You know Camaro drivers drive different then Cadillac drivers
Not at all Radz. I just wanted to back you up.

I wish we could find out more about the LS8. If all the info out there turns out to be true: "Z28 will have a detuned LS8 and the ZO6 will have a hopped up LS8." I'd like to know what the difference will be. My preference would be the LSA. But if it is the LS8, I'm hoping it won't be too difficult to get to LSA or even LS9 numbers...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:23 PM   #16
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
either way ...it would have a blower on it and you could change the pulley to get a few more pony's out of it.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:27 PM   #17
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I've been looking at LSA information and I can't understand why GM would need to make so many versions of the SC version. It sounds like the bottom end of the LSA isn't as stout as the ZR1 so maybe the are taking that further with the LS8: nodular crank, PM rods, cast pistons, no oil squirters, etc. It looks like the LSA still has the squirters and the forged crank, but no Ti rods or forged pistons.

Ugh! The wait is killing me!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:58 AM   #18
fullthrottle
I WANNA GO FAST

Drives: I have 4 vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I guarantee you HPTuners will be working on a tuning solution immediately after the Camaro is released. You could always tune your own Camaro for an aftermarket supercharger using HPTuners.

I believe keith of HP tuners is probably stoked about this one.

2005 FORD EXPLORER

2008 YAMAHA R6

2008 CHEVY COLORADO. (THE WIFE'S)

SOON TO COME A BIG NASTY CAMARO.
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote