Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 08-30-2011, 12:25 PM   #141
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
2 Days and counting!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:30 PM   #142
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Well, they pulled the trigger....Texas A&M has announced their intentions to leave the BIG XII by July 2012. I think it was a forgone conclusion but this was a bit faster than I expected.

http://www.cbssports.com/#!/collegef...e-by-july-2012
NoSyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:32 PM   #143
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Bye

Dont let the door hit your A$$ on the way out Good luck you will need it lol

oh by the way to all the SEC fans who are watching a game where your team is playing A&M when you hear there fight song and you ask who is Texas university ? Just understand Aggies are DYSLEXIC they feel the univeristy of Texas makes it sound like we are the only Univeristy in Texas so to them and there fight song lol we are Texas University

Hmmmmmm so A&M hates that we have our own network ESPN just said OU is working on there own Network as well

Good luck A&M our 100 year rivalry was a blast sad to see it end.

\m/ Hookem
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:34 AM   #144
John Milner

Drives: mullets insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtNMyTeeth View Post
In six days the Ducks will have there first win of the year. LSU is going down. I can't wait for the season to start. Go Ducks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks as if your Ducks will have an easier time doing that. LSU qb is in jail for felony assault....
John Milner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:38 AM   #145
John Milner

Drives: mullets insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
Bye

oh by the way to all the SEC fans who are watching a game where your team is playing A&M when you hear there fight song and you ask who is Texas university ? Just understand Aggies are DYSLEXIC they feel the univeristy of Texas makes it sound like we are the only Univeristy in Texas so to them and there fight song lol we are Texas University

Hmmmmmm so A&M hates that we have our own network ESPN just said OU is working on there own Network as well

\m/ Hookem
They're probably going to get a pretty sweet deal for being the new whipping boys of the SEC. I bet Vanderbilt is laughing right now.
John Milner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:05 AM   #146
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
I'll just leave this here

bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:12 AM   #147
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Heading to Ann Arbor Friday morning to watch my Wolverines play opening day on Saturday.

GO BLUE!!!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:22 AM   #148
KowalskiCamaro

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel 1SS & 2011 Durango
GAME****S! GAME****S! GAME****S!

We are bigger and faster this year on both offense and defense. It is going to be hard to stop us this year.

Gonna beat Clemson for the third year in a row and win the SEC East again. This is the year Spurrier has been waiting for.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:10 AM   #149
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty D View Post
Well, they pulled the trigger....Texas A&M has announced their intentions to leave the BIG XII by July 2012. I think it was a forgone conclusion but this was a bit faster than I expected.

http://www.cbssports.com/#!/collegef...e-by-july-2012
I like this part' "Texas A&M has won 55 conference championships, including 32 in the last five years"...so atm really sucked the other 11 years as part of the Big-XII, only posting 23 conference championships. 23 is about how many atm will win in the next 16 years in the SEC. Jump for JOY now atm....then bend over and get ready to take it again!!!

PonyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #150
NoSyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
Bye

\m/ Hookem
Good luck to you also. I'm sure SMU or Houston will be a fine replacement .

I'm proud of you Jekyll, you've been doing some studying on the Aggie War Hymn. I also see you used "A&M" instead of just copying "aTm" off the helmets.

For the bonus round can you tell me what the A&M stands for?

The OU network....interesting because everything I've read said OU and OSU were looking at doing a joint network. I don't think OU has the base to have as successful a network as Texas does.

As for the rivalry game...why does it have to end again? Because A&M is leaving the conference? I would hate to see this series end, personally. There are plenty of other nonconference rival games that happen every year...Florida v. FSU, ND v. USC, UGA v. Ga Tech.

If it is over (and I hope not) will OU be willing to change their rivalry game with OSU to play Texas Thanksgiving weekend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Milner View Post
They're probably going to get a pretty sweet deal for being the new whipping boys of the SEC. I bet Vanderbilt is laughing right now.
Whipping boys? You're puttin A&M below Vandy? I think you underestimate how A&M in the SEC could sway some Texas HS football recruits. I'm guessing they will have higher ranked recruiting classes starting with next years class and that Arkansas and LSU will lose some Texas HS players to A&M in the next few years.

I can agree that going into the SEC West and facing Auburn, Alabama, LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, & Miss. St every year is a tough schedule to say the least. It's not like Texas, OU, Ohio St, Wisconsin, Oregon, or anyone else for that matter, could just walk in and have their way in the SEC either.

Regardless, it took balls to make the move so we'll see how this all pans out.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #151
NoSyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyMan View Post
I like this part' "Texas A&M has won 55 conference championships, including 32 in the last five years"...so atm really sucked the other 11 years as part of the Big-XII, only posting 23 conference championships. 23 is about how many atm will win in the next 16 years in the SEC. Jump for JOY now atm....then bend over and get ready to take it again!!!

THAT is a funny f'n pic.

But thanks ponyman, you've just proven that A&M is on the upswing in the last five years and moving on to better things. I appreciate the help.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:33 AM   #152
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Opening day.... Let the season begin!

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:37 AM   #153
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Opening day.... Let the season begin!

as long as App. State don't walk in the house.LOL JK
bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #154
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty D View Post
I think you underestimate how A&M in the SEC could sway some Texas HS football recruits. I'm guessing they will have higher ranked recruiting classes starting with next years class and that Arkansas and LSU will lose some Texas HS players to A&M in the next few years.
Sure, a "Bluechip" coming out of Texas wanting to go to the SEC will pick atm over Arkansas or LSU...........dream on aggies.