Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-10-2016, 09:59 AM   #29
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYBORG View Post
The new 1LE will in EVERY way, be vastly superior to the old 1LE.
Even in trunk space!

The only thing I care about wrt this 2017 model is: Will those front brake calipers be a direct retrofit?
Stormcloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:00 AM   #30
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1leWorksforMe View Post
Looks and backseat withstanding, yes.
Looks are subjective, with that said, the 6th gen interior is much much nicer and the outside looks great as well. Rear seat is worthless in both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgws6 View Post
I have no doubt it will be quicker than the old 1LE. But to say it's "vastly superior" would be an invalid statement. The outgoing 1LE is extremely capable, especially with simple bolt ons. And there is one big way the old 1LE is better for sure. Think about that for a bit before I answer what it is. :-)
No invalid statement. It will be, just wait an see. The outgoing 1LE, is an outstanding car, no doubt about that. But the 6th will be much better. More power, less weight, more grip, better brakes.

The only part that is up for discussion when comparing the two, is the looks catergory. At this time, it is my opinion that both are just as good looking with the new 1LE having the edge due to the much improved interior styling.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:01 AM   #31
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcloak View Post
Even in trunk space!

The only thing I care about wrt this 2017 model is: Will those front brake calipers be a direct retrofit?
Just get the ZL1 calipers, those brakes are amazing.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:17 AM   #32
1leWorksforMe

Drives: 1le
Quote:
Looks are subjective, with that said, the 6th gen interior is much much nicer and the outside looks great as well. Rear seat is worthless in both.
My kids fit fine back there so not worthless but not great. The new one is even worse so yes, it matters.
1leWorksforMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:18 AM   #33
PapaKlutch

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/1LE
Quote:

.....The only part that is up for discussion when comparing the two, is the looks catergory.....
That right there is the bottom line for me. I’m very impressed by the new platform, power, interior and so on. But I hate the exterior. I’m very disappointed with it. It’s lost it muscled good looks and morphed into a Euro’ed Mustang or something.

Last spring, I was shopping for a Vette but the wife wanted more seats. So, I test drove a 1LE on the Saturday of the Belle Isle reveal party. Test drove a 2015 1LE. Loved it! Went home to look at the new reveal pics…..and threw up a little. Now, having seen 6th gens in person…..still throwing up a little.

“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder” and all that.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:32 AM   #34
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
You are forgetting one important thing -Pricing. When the 1LE returned in 2012 it was the best bang for the buck. I doubt it will be anywhere close to the $37K and change I paid... Better grip? Better suspension for sure and brakes too and as I said I have no doubt it's quicker around a given course (stock for stock).

Quote:

No invalid statement. It will be, just wait an see. The outgoing 1LE, is an outstanding car, no doubt about that. But the 6th will be much better. More power, less weight, more grip, better brakes.

The only part that is up for discussion when comparing the two, is the looks catergory. At this time, it is my opinion that both are just as good looking with the new 1LE having the edge due to the much improved interior styling.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:33 AM   #35
49North1LE

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE G7C,
Good to see HUD included in the 1SS package, smart. But a V6 1LE WTH? talk about diluting the 1LE marque or what, anything for a sale right. But a solid offering of 1LE bits, just don't like the look and that dash...oh that dash...yikes.
49North1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:45 AM   #36
tremendoustk

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...22899884397337

Found this link on facebook shows it in person up close
Old 02-10-2016, 11:10 AM   #37
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
The new 1LE will in EVERY way, be vastly superior to the old 1LE.
I think that is a Vastly Vague Statement - I'm sure people will not agree on looks, pricing.

I Think it will be better in many ways, but
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:31 AM   #38
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

I call them like I see them... I own a 14 1LE.

The new 1LE will be vastly superior. It is the nature of the beast, automotive evolution.

This doesnt take anything away from the ol' car.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:47 AM   #39
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Proof?
Quote:
No it hasn't.

Read the caption at the top of the page (this is straight from GM).

http://media.gm.com/content/dam/Medi...-Camaro-SS.pdf

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:50 AM   #40
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Read the caption at the top of the page (this is straight from GM).

http://media.gm.com/content/dam/Medi...-Camaro-SS.pdf
Until I see numbers that I can evaluate, it means nothing. If GM has this proof, why don;t they let folks know. I assume it would help their sales!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:52 AM   #41
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
Until I see numbers that I can evaluate, it means nothing. If GM has this proof, why don;t they let folks know. I assume it would help their sales!
That's what I would think too, but why would they talk down to one of their own vehicles? I understand they want to hype the new 6th gen, but why not say it has faster lap times than a BOSS Mustang? Again...

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:55 AM   #42
larry_g

Drives: 2014 1SS/1LE
I'm sure from the driver's seat it'll be better than the 5th Gen, but the looks and price (value) just don't do it for me. Just my opinion.
larry_g is offline   Reply With Quote