Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-27-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1966 TBird conv.
What is leather, what is vinyl?

Other posts, other threads. As I have reviewed threads I see there is confusion as to what upholstery panels on the 2011 2LT interior are leather and what is vinyl.
Now I am confused.
I have a 2011 2LT with leather tu-tone interior, Beige and Charcoal.
Seating center panels, front and rear, are a perforated material (my car beige). Is this perforated center panel upholstery (front & rear seats) leather? Some have said leather for front seats only, non leather for rear seats.
Side bolsters (front and rear seats) is a beige non-perforated material. Side bolsters leather or vinyl?
I assume all the other interior seat material (charcoal) is vinyl.
Need to understand if I am using correct products to treat leather, and using correct products to treat vinyl upholstery.
Paid extra for leather interior, just need to know what is leather, what is vinyl so I can treat interior materials with appropriate products.
Please do not reply unless you know for a fact what part of seat upholstery is leather and what part of the seat upholstery is vinyl.

I would not be starting this thread unless I researched previous threads and became confused with conflicting responses.

Example: Perforated front seat panels are leather, all rear seats are vinyl (including perforated rear seat material).
abaucom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
SSLarry

Drives: 2SS LS3
The only leather is the base panel that you sit on plus the leg bolsters up until the stitching. Plus, the back panel including the back bolsters up until the stitching. All else including the head rests are vinyl. The back seats, manual shift boot and arm rest are all vinyl.

1LT with connectivity pkg, 2LT, 1SS, 2SS have leather wheel and shift knob. LS, 1LT w/o connectivity have no leather.

USE THE WIKI AT TOP OF THE PAGE FOR ALL OPTIONS AND FEATURES OF ALL MODELS

2010 CGM 2SS LS3, born: 4/10

Last edited by SSLarry; 12-27-2010 at 06:53 PM.
SSLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:45 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
well all I can tell you FOR SURE.....is that on the FRONT SEATS, the bottom middle panel, and the back middle panel ARE LEATHER, the side panels, back, and head rests are vinyl. I can't say for sure about the backs.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:14 AM   #4
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
whatever your ass and back do not touch is genuine Vinyl. That is the only reason that I have a 1SS instead of a 2SS. I have REAL cloth upholstery. Chevy got me once with my 98 Z-28 with "leather" and I vowed never again so my 02SS had cloth and my '10SS is cloth.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote